The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Missed your game yesterday as i was at work but i must say when my brother text me to tell me what happened i didn't wait too long to tell the Gooner at work. He's winner was just sensational.

Mattias Ginter: Looks like our solution to thin defender issue as well as DMC.

He's young so he can spend this season rotating in the squad either at CD or DMC. His future is likely in midfield though.

With Sagna acting as cover for CD and Jenkinson playing on right, surely we need another player who can play RB? Nacho? Or will we sign Serge Aurier, who Sagna can tutor and give Jenkinson competition in the future?

Mattias Ginter: Looks like our solution to thin defender issue as well as DMC.

He's young so he can spend this season rotating in the squad either at CD or DMC. His future is likely in midfield though.

With Sagna acting as cover for CD and Jenkinson playing on right, surely we need another player who can play RB? Nacho? Or will we sign Serge Aurier, who Sagna can tutor and give Jenkinson competition in the future?

Last week there was speculation in Spain regarding a swap deal with Málaga involving Bendtner and Jesús Gámez (can play RB/CB). Don't know if there's much truth in it, though.

been to emirates twice and the food there is ****** expensive one of the most expensive in england i think i read

Bought a pizza rectangle there that only cost like two quid the day before yesterday. Was pretty nice.

As well as Victor Andrade and Ginter, we've also been linked with United Arab Emirates winger Omar Abdulrahman, who is also apparently attracting Barcelona's attention and MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli.

Next up in the rumour mill, İlkay Gündoğan. I know we've had an interest in him for a while, and that interest continues. Who thinks this is a transfer Wenger will actually make happen? He'll probably cost us in excess of £20m, but it shouldn't be much more. I think he's worth it.

He's worth it, but why the **** would he move from Dortmund.

The side plays 4-2-3-1 at the moment, so assuming he'd take the spot alongside Arteta that'd be Diaby, Ramsey & Coquelin dumped on the bench (although granted Diaby spends 90% of his time injured anyway). Plus Chamberlain needs some game time in the AMC slot which would drop Wilshere back into the holding roles. I'd agree the side badly needs a player like this, but I think it's purely rumours :)

Next up in the rumour mill, İlkay Gündoğan. I know we've had an interest in him for a while, and that interest continues. Who thinks this is a transfer Wenger will actually make happen? He'll probably cost us in excess of £20m, but it shouldn't be much more. I think he's worth it.

No chance. a) He would never move from BVB to Arsenal. b) He would cost a lot more than 20M unless he has got a release clause.

No chance. a) He would never move from BVB to Arsenal. b) He would cost a lot more than 20M unless he has got a release clause.
Why do you think he wouldn't move to Arsenal? Just curious - I think the Premier League is a pretty attractive offer to any player in my opinion - but yeah I think your right on the price tag, especially with the current market

25mil release clause in his contract, but from what I've heard he's looking to renew his contract eventhough also Utd & Barca are after him.

Total rumour though, he isn't going to leave the CL finalists, who still have their star striker, to join us. Lets pick somebody more realistic.

Yes, I know. Which further emphasises my previous comment. Should have been courted a little more by Arsenal, but interested seemed to wane.

Surprised we aren't being linked with Anzhi players. Seems like the best success we've had in getting deals done have come from teams struggling financially. Also on that note, why haven't we moved for Camacho from Malaga? He's a good DM.

Surprised we aren't being linked with Anzhi players. Seems like the best success we've had in getting deals done have come from teams struggling financially. Also on that note, why haven't we moved for Camacho from Malaga? He's a good DM.

Málaga will probably be unwilling to sell, as for Wenger himself, who knows.

Back