The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We got Fenerbache in draw. Will see who we will end up playing as they are banned.

Edit: Might be Bursaspor who they edged in league thanks to their match fixing.

Last edited:
We got Fenerbache in draw. Will see who we will end up playing as they are banned.

Edit: Might be Bursaspor who they edged in league thanks to their match fixing.

Are you kidding mate? Fenerbahce (2nd) finished 6 points above Bursaspor (4th) last season on top of that they have just been eliminated from european competitions this season. The match fixing has nothing to do with the past season it is on-going from 2010/11 season.

Are you kidding mate? Fenerbahce (2nd) finished 6 points above Bursaspor (4th) last season on top of that they have just been eliminated from european competitions this season. The match fixing has nothing to do with the past season it is on-going from 2010/11 season.

I heard the last seasons 3rd team also are accused of match fixing in some cup matches? Can't even remember names of the teams so it shows I don't follow turkish league at all.

Edit: Yes 3rd placed team Besiktas are also banned from Europe.

Last edited:
Fenerbahce are appealing to the court of artribation (spelling) so it depends what happens there but I cannot see them being successful

The hearing is after the playoffs, so if we were to lose to fenerbahce, and then they lost the appeal, we would probably be put through the tie anyway. But that seems unfair on whoever fenerbahce beat in the previous round (Pretty sure they beat someone)

The hearing is after the playoffs, so if we were to lose to fenerbahce, and then they lost the appeal, we would probably be put through the tie anyway. But that seems unfair on whoever fenerbahce beat in the previous round (Pretty sure they beat someone)

IIRC it was Salzberg but I could be wrong. Expect arsenal to beat these really so it shouldn't be an issue for champs league but then don't the losers go in europa? Shouldve been sorted before european competitions started its farcical

Arsenal are falling behind soon we will no longer be considered a team challenging for sliverware

Id love to sign Luiz Gustavo but realistically we know wenger wont buy him and **** end up going to chelsea lol another season with wenger looking for bargains on deadline day

Not with any real determination lol we are getting knocked out at the round stages or the last 16 in the champs over and over again for the past few years. Signing new players of quality is a must there's no question about it lol Spurs,Chelsea,Man city,Man utd have all strengthened but arsenal???? then Wenger has the cheek to say we could compete for the title this season with or without signings YEAH RIGHT! todays game against man city should hopefully give Wenger a reality check of how strong the teams around us have become.

Not with any real determination lol we are getting knocked out at the round stages or the last 16 in the champs over and over again for the past few years. Signing new players of quality is a must there's no question about it lol Spurs,Chelsea,Man city,Man utd have all strengthened but arsenal???? then Wenger has the cheek to say we could compete for the title this season with or without signings YEAH RIGHT! todays game against man city should hopefully give Wenger a reality check of how strong the teams around us have become.

He isn't going to say that his team is **** and lucky to be among top 4 teams in Prem is he?

Get a grip there's still almost a month left of transfer window.

Yeap shouldn't have allowed to play against Salzburg because of the ban. I'd rather face Salzburg, but I'm confident we can beat Fener quite comfortably at home and get result also away.

At least be real with the team and not lie! he could have said we will aim for a top 4 spot with or without signings and by now u should know that a month means nothing lol it will be the same as last year panicking on deadline day.Realistically im sure many fans know we couldn't possibly challenge for the title this year comparing our squad to the other big clubs.......

At least be real with the team and not lie! he could have said we will aim for a top 4 spot with or without signings and by now u should know that a month means nothing lol it will be the same as last year panicking on deadline day.Realistically im sure many fans know we couldn't possibly challenge for the title this year comparing our squad to the other big clubs.......

Please. Yes Wenger surely communicates to the team via media and not talking to them straight. We didn't last season aim to top 4 spot at start? We aimed to challenge. We were really good defensively at start, but lacked a bit going forward ( understandably after 3 new players )

I agree this team won't challenge for title, but I also think this team will be better than same team last season.

Btw we didn't sign anyone last season on deadline day. You must mean year before when we signed both Mertesacker and Arteta who are both good signings.

Please. Yes Wenger surely communicates to the team via media and not talking to them straight. We didn't last season aim to top 4 spot at start? We aimed to challenge. We were really good defensively at start, but lacked a bit going forward ( understandably after 3 new players )

I agree this team won't challenge for title, but I also think this team will be better than same team last season.

Btw we didn't sign anyone last season on deadline day. You must mean year before when we signed both Mertesacker and Arteta who are both good signings.

We just about got 4th place last season The same thing could happen again if we are not carefull.

I would agree with the us doing better than last season but we still need to replace gerv we also need a CB ,having 4 CBs is necessary in my opinion and id love to see us sign a CDM like player.

And yeah i know that was a reply to the guy who said we still got a month left in the transfer window to buy players

We just about got 4th place last season The same thing could happen again if we are not carefull.

I would agree with the us doing better than last season but we still need to replace gerv we also need a CB ,having 4 CBs is necessary in my opinion and id love to see us sign a CDM like player.

And yeah i know that was a reply to the guy who said we still got a month left in the transfer window to buy players

I doubt we are signing new CB as Sagna is likely our 4th choice CB this season unless we sign Ginter who looked most likely. -New RB might be more likely, but we will see.

According to Gustavo's agent we have submitted offer for him and we are also offering contract to Perez who's trialing with us and with squad on Helsinki today.

We signed Arteta and Cazorla both late in the window and both have been fantastic, I'm not too concerned, the squad does need depth to cover for injuries though.

Team against City:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Podolski, Ox and Walcott
Subs:
Fabianski, Jenkinson, Hayden, Zelalem, Perez ( trialist ) , Cazorla and Giroud

City starting 11:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Milner, Dzeko and Negredo
Subs:
Pantilimon, Wright, Richards, Boyata, Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Navas, Nasri

HAHA Reality check for Wenger?

3-0 so far. 3 chances 3 goals along with great defending.

Back