The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yep we don't need to buy anyone now we have beaten man city i take it all back.

2-4 signings and we can challenge properly. Squad is bit thin at the moment. RB, DM ( along with Perez ) and ST at least.

I was just a tad frustrated in my earlier comments about wengers reality check but i 100% agree we do need signings to challenge as our squad is considerably small atm and who is perez u talk of? i like giroud as our striker but he is not mobile enough at times! id like to see some nice hold up play from him like how drogba did at chelsea

I was just a tad frustrated in my earlier comments about wengers reality check but i 100% agree we do need signings to challenge as our squad is considerably small atm and who is perez u talk of? i like giroud as our striker but he is not mobile enough at times! id like to see some nice hold up play from him like how drogba did at chelsea

Getting decent / ok players is easy. Getting quality players takes time.

Sebastian Perez is the 20 year old Colombian DM/CM who's trialing with us. #32 came on for Arteta in the game. I think will be good squad option for us next season as Coquelin is on loan.

Giroud is good option for us at times, but not the player who will win the Prem for us. That's why Wenger is trying hard to sign a new striker.

Lot of talk going that Bayern have accepted a bid from us for Gustavo. IMO would be really good player for us as he can cover the CB and LB positions easily ( started out as LB, then played as CB and moved up to DM position ). Hopefully this is true as he would improve the team.

Perez is a highly rated 20 year old DM we have on trial, he's meant to be in the Pirlo/Xabi Alonso mould of player, and he's meant to be signing with us to play deep and firm up the midfield a bit.. if he does sign we'll prob play all the cup games to get experience, but he'd be a good rotation player to have since all the CM options are largely attacking other than Coquelin, who seems untrusted by Wenger.

I actually thought Giroud's hold up play last season was very good, he got plenty of assists in France, and seemed to be able to read the IFs coming in for the pass last season, he just wasn't especially clinical and got into great positions but blasted a lot of them wide. I do agree he doesn't have the movement of RVP, but very strikers do.

Absolutely agree that the side needs reinforcements, but for once the side hasn't lose someone in the team and it seems, today at least, to have given them confidence that they arn't handicapped before even starting the campaign.

Getting decent / ok players is easy. Getting quality players takes time.

Sebastian Perez is the 20 year old Colombian DM/CM who's trialing with us. #32 came on for Arteta in the game. I think will be good squad option for us next season as Coquelin is on loan.

Giroud is good option for us at times, but not the player who will win the Prem for us. That's why Wenger is trying hard to sign a new striker.

Lot of talk going that Bayern have accepted a bid from us for Gustavo. IMO would be really good player for us as he can cover the CB and LB positions easily ( started out as LB, then played as CB and moved up to DM position ). Hopefully this is true as he would improve the team.

Oh right i am watching the replay as i was out during the live game i will take a look at him when he comes on

Giroud would be good as 2nd in line striker when we need a change in our attacking play thats if we did sign a world class striker!

I hope we do sign Gustavo we definitely have the money and the wage funds its just a matter of who he wants to go to because Chelsea are also rumoured to be after him!

Although Koscielny had again good game and Walcott did really well I was most impressed with Ramsey. He has come a long way in a year. Remember last summer many ( including me ) would've liked for him to go to loan on Fulham when that rumour was going around.

Can't wait to play against Arsenal after watching game tonight.

People saying we won't win the title with Giroud as our striker aren't doing him enough justice, if we sign a CB, DM and AML of high quality, we could win the title with Giroud leading the line. He is that good, and hopefully this season is where he indisputably proves it.

People saying we won't win the title with Giroud as our striker aren't doing him enough justice, if we sign a CB, DM and AML of high quality, we could win the title with Giroud leading the line. He is that good, and hopefully this season is where he indisputably proves it.

I'd agree about Giroud, the problem is the backup. I do agree an AML is very important though, Podolski went missing in some games last season and seemed incapable of leading the line, and pushing Cazorla there does work with his tricky feet, but you need to be able to threaten both flanks, and Cazorla will be likely playing in the side next to Wilshere unless Wenger pushes him to the DLP role, where he isn't at his best, yet competent.

I'd agree about Giroud, the problem is the backup. I do agree an AML is very important though, Podolski went missing in some games last season and seemed incapable of leading the line, and pushing Cazorla there does work with his tricky feet, but you need to be able to threaten both flanks, and Cazorla will be likely playing in the side next to Wilshere unless Wenger pushes him to the DLP role, where he isn't at his best, yet competent.

And with the departure of the poor Gervinho and even more useless Arshavin (bless him), we need someone with real quality there this time around.

I agree with these sentiments.

I think Podolski is an ok player, but he was a very early bloomer.

Giroud is the opposite, I reckon he'll come into his best years soon.

We need more games from Podolski like the game vs West Ham last season where he completely took over, he was simply fantastic that day.

That was Podolski's 2nd best ever season. And its not good enough for Arsenal, its wide left that needs replacing not FC

That was Podolski's 2nd best ever season. And its not good enough for Arsenal, its wide left that needs replacing not FC

I'd say both need additions if we are to effectively challenge for title. Problem is who to get? Can't really think of any LW who we could sign now and who'd have instant impact for us.

I'd say both need additions if we are to effectively challenge for title. Problem is who to get? Can't really think of any LW who we could sign now and who'd have instant impact for us.

Andre Ayew or erik lamela ? lmao

Back