The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'd say both need additions if we are to effectively challenge for title. Problem is who to get? Can't really think of any LW who we could sign now and who'd have instant impact for us.

It should have been Jovetic. Best bet is probably Lamela.

I'd say both need additions if we are to effectively challenge for title. Problem is who to get? Can't really think of any LW who we could sign now and who'd have instant impact for us.

Well, people kept on going on about Bernard but Wenger denied it entirely. Obviously it should be someone though, Podolski seems either fantastic or just anonymous. At least he seems to track back though. I wouldn't be confident with him leading the line if Giroud isn't playing though.. perhaps that's why we have Sanogo :P

Well, people kept on going on about Bernard but Wenger denied it entirely. Obviously it should be someone though, Podolski seems either fantastic or just anonymous. At least he seems to track back though. I wouldn't be confident with him leading the line if Giroud isn't playing though.. perhaps that's why we have Sanogo :P

When Giroud is out, we can definitely rely on Walcott up front to be honest, people sometimes forget that's a more than viable option.

Yeah completely forgot about Lamela. Though mostly seen him play down the right.

Can play across the band. As it stands I would move Cazorla there. Contrary to popular opinion, AML has always been his best position through his career, partly because it also masks his tendency to occasionally drift out of a game, and its better suited how he likes to drift onto the ball.

Can play across the band. As it stands I would move Cazorla there. Contrary to popular opinion, AML has always been his best position through his career, partly because it also masks his tendency to occasionally drift out of a game, and its better suited how he likes to drift onto the ball.

Yea I think Wenger intends to keep Cazorla on left. Today when he came on Ox was shifted in the middle and Cazorla played the whole second half on left.

Arsenal underlined why they are still in the hunt for Liverpool's controversial striker Luis Suarez on Saturday when they scraped a largely unconvincing 3-1 win over Manchester City in a pre-season friendly played in Helsinki.

Gunners too strong for City - FIFA.com

B52 i guess thats bendtner? Is diaby still injured he wasn't in any of the pre season games? id love to see him play a full season but his injury record is the worst i have seen!View attachment 376300

Yeah it's Bendtner. Diaby is injured until november I think. Doubt we will see him playing before january.

You guys are being heavily linked with Luiz Gustavo, rumours going round it will be complete before next Friday.

Well, lets blow some money on Gustavo, he's won a treble so presumably can keep it together in big games, just won the confed cup and actually seems to be able to kick people and get stuck in - which is what we need since we suffered against the top teams last year. Seems good in the tackle, hungry and runs a lot - reminds me of a defensive version of Ramires. Next Friday is a while though, wouldn't bank on it!

Wenger would be stupid not to sign Gustavo! i would be so p**sed off if chelsea or man utd got him. I never trust the DM or the Sun on transfer rumours but if we have really bidded 14-18mil for him its worth it imo

Would probably be able to a job at United though. They don't look much special in this Wigan game today, and whilst signing Fellani would be amusing for his haircut and ability to replace Scholes in providing the odd poorly-timed tackle, I'd say Carrick alongside someone like Gustavo would be decent, and let Clevs and others actually create.

Still, United's midfield is quite a bit worse than ours at the moment, although fortunately it seems their 25m bid for Fabregas seems to show they're pretty incompetent when it comes to actually getting midfielders in the side; bit like us with any signings which require money :D

It should have been Jovetic. Best bet is probably Lamela.

I like Lamela. Seen him play a few times.

I don't like Jovetic though. I have family in Florence, and I've seen a few games, when he was younger granted, but I didn't see what the fuss was about. I still don't see it. He can definitely do an OK job, but I'd never play him before Aguero.

I like Lamela. Seen him play a few times.

I don't like Jovetic though. I have family in Florence, and I've seen a few games, when he was younger granted, but I didn't see what the fuss was about. I still don't see it. He can definitely do an OK job, but I'd never play him before Aguero.

City don't plan to play him ahead of Agüero anyway. And he would be a better fit down the left hand side where he is very capable of playing off of Giroud or providing interplay with Cazorla/Arteta/Gibbs.

He's a second striker. He doesn't, and has rarely, played on the left. He has only average pace, no trickery and he's not the worlds most gifted passer.
The only thing is he's got going for him is he can finish. But he so rarely gets in those positions that doesn't matter so much.

On top of that, he's injured a lot.

Trust me, we've not missed out.

Back