The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He's a second striker. He doesn't, and has rarely, played on the left. He has only average pace, no trickery and he's not the worlds most gifted passer.
The only thing is he's got going for him is he can finish. But he so rarely gets in those positions that doesn't matter so much.

On top of that, he's injured a lot.

Trust me, we've not missed out.

He had one very bad injury. He is a second striker who can and does play on the left, doesnt need to for fiorentina, he certainly does for montenegro. He's relatively quick, definitely has trickery (on average he will beat his man at least twice a game through dribbling them) and certainly is a very good passer. You said you watched him when he was younger, fair enough on that I would agree, but have you watched him this season gone, because he has come on leaps and bounds since tearing his cruciate. Arsenal have missed out a very, very good young player.

Last edited:
He's a second striker. He doesn't, and has rarely, played on the left. He has only average pace, no trickery and he's not the worlds most gifted passer.
The only thing is he's got going for him is he can finish. But he so rarely gets in those positions that doesn't matter so much.

On top of that, he's injured a lot.

Trust me, we've not missed out.

Wat.

Firstly, he played as the primary striker for Fiorentina a lot, but he's very comfortable on the left. He's a versatile player, and although he's best at second striker he often plays on the left for his country, swapping with Vucinic.

No trickery, despite having 66 successful dribbles last year. Not a gifted passer, despite having made 55 key passes. Doesn't get into positions to finish, despite having 13 league goals last year. Injury prone, despite only having had one major injury in his entire career so far.

You're wrong. I'm all for opinions, but this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Wat.

Firstly, he played as the primary striker for Fiorentina a lot, but he's very comfortable on the left. He's a versatile player, and although he's best at second striker he often plays on the left for his country, swapping with Vucinic.

No trickery, despite having 66 successful dribbles last year. Not a gifted passer, despite having made 55 key passes. Doesn't get into positions to finish, despite having 13 league goals last year. Injury prone, despite only having had one major injury in his entire career so far.

You're really, really, REALLY ******* wrong. I'm all for opinions, but this is just ridiculous.

Bit harsh. Even by my standards.

Ignore him zorak1, he's a bully.

Bit harsh. Even by my standards.

Ignore him zorak1, he's a bully.

Oh but when YOU call someone out for dissing Michael Carrick all bets are off! Double standards, ban yourself plz. ;)

There, I took out all the harshness. Just means I'm going to be nastier to you as compensation. All this nastiness has to go somewhere.

Last edited:
Oh, to have a dollar for each time Jovetic gets injuired in FM....but yeah.

Oh but when YOU call someone out for dissing Michael Carrick all bets are off! Double standards, ban yourself plz. ;)

Woah I called him out on Jovetic too! I just wasn't mean like you were!

Also people needed to be educated about Carrick, by any means necessary

There, I took out all the harshness. Just means I'm going to be nastier to you as compensation. All this nastiness has to go somewhere.

Sigh. Zorak1 better be grateful for this.

Just heard on BT Sport that Gustavo has been told he can leave and he is deciding if he will or not. But there are a few clubs after him.

Just heard on BT Sport that Gustavo has been told he can leave and he is deciding if he will or not. But there are a few clubs after him.

I can imagine he'd be highly sought after. Arsenal should move quickly to snap him up if they are indeed after him.

I can imagine he'd be highly sought after. Arsenal should move quickly to snap him up if they are indeed after him.

Snap... him.. up? .. What is this? I'm sure Wenger will instead field a few days of questions as to whether he's interested, continue saying "Nothing is certain" like some mystical sooth-sayer, and we'll find out he was courted by a club who spunked a slight bit more money on his contract/fee. If Andre Santos was worth 6m & 65k a week I'm sure we can throw some dosh at Gustavo ffs.

Snap... him.. up? .. What is this? I'm sure Wenger will instead field a few days of questions as to whether he's interested, continue saying "Nothing is certain" like some mystical sooth-sayer, and we'll find out he was courted by a club who spunked a slight bit more money on his contract/fee. If Andre Santos was worth 6m & 65k a week I'm sure we can throw some dosh at Gustavo ffs.

Pfft. Moyes and United will pretend that he doesn't exist and chase another outrageous target. Its the United way with centre mids

Gustavo's been made available week or two ago tbh. Wolfsburg been negotiating with Bayern, but haven't offered enough.

Can't believe Bayern are letting him go. Only 26 iirc.

Pep plans to play with only one holding mid, so I doubt Gustavo would play much when they have Schweinsteiger and Martinez....

One last try for Cesc? :D

I would laugh, but its probably happening as we speak XD

Moyes said we are closer to a couple of players, then politely berated the press for saying Rooney was at breaking point when he wasn't.

Step 1) Achieve a Ferguson type demeanour with the press - achieved

Last edited:
I would laugh, but its probably happening as we speak XD

Moyes said we are closer to a couple of players, then polite berated the press for saying Rooney was at breaking point when he wasn't.

Step 1) Achieve a Ferguson type demeanour with the press - achieved

Seriously, that whole situation boggles my mind till this day. I don't understand it, there was something obviously there for United to go public about it.

Honigstein: "Gustavo/Arsenal: feeling in Munich is that he's off but earlier this evening, Rummenigge said LG hadn't decided yet ...But it's only a question of him agreeing personal terms - valuation not an issue."

Bid accepted it seems.

Last edited:
Honigstein: "Gustavo/Arsenal: feeling in Munich is that he's off but earlier this evening, Rummenigge said LG hadn't decided yet ...But it's only a question of him agreeing personal terms - valuation not an issue."

Bid accepted it seems.

No bid, but seems Arsenal are happy with the 20m euro valuation (£17.2m)

Back