The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
If the move goes through, I'll be happy. Been wanting a DM for ages now and I can't think of too many realistic targets who are better options than Gustavo.

If the move goes through, I'll be happy. Been wanting a DM for ages now and I can't think of too many realistic targets who are better options than Gustavo.

Can't myself think of better one who we could sign. Now only get the other Luis and we are capable of title challenge I believe.

Gilberto Silva was the man behind the Invincibles, as much as we all loved Henry and Ljunberg lighting it up. LG won't have Silva's ridiculous anticipation and positioning, but he will be a massive step in the right direction and is a very tidy passer. Perhaps it'd let us actually rest players for once and rotate, we arn't winning anything exhausting everyone by Feb/March.

I personally think playing with one holding midfielder will be Pep's downfall at Bayern. Especially against the better teams in the league and in Europe.

Gilberto Silva was the man behind the Invincibles, as much as we all loved Henry and Ljunberg lighting it up. LG won't have Silva's ridiculous anticipation and positioning, but he will be a massive step in the right direction and is a very tidy passer. Perhaps it'd let us actually rest players for once and rotate, we arn't winning anything exhausting everyone by Feb/March.
Your usually out of all competitions by March anyway.

Your usually out of all competitions by March anyway.

Nice try, but last March we had Bayern on the ropes, beating the eventual CL winners 2-0, almost sneaking through and a great performance.

The recent problem is inconsistency, which is related to squad depth and nobody good to rotate in. It's impossible to win anything with 1 good player per position.

Usually not always. Could argue if they had gone for it they could have scored more at your place. The team you put out in the FA cup at home to that ***** Blackburn should have won. They don't have the desire. Need more players with passion like Wilshere. Either than or its just bad management by Wenger.

Usually not always. Could argue if they had gone for it they could have scored more at your place. The team you put out in the FA cup at home to that ***** Blackburn should have won. They don't have the desire. Need more players with passion like Wilshere. Either than or its just bad management by Wenger.

Players let Wenger down both at Blackburn and at Bradford. After that you could see bit of SAF style ruthlessness about Wenger.

I've instituted a rule that I refuse to listen to people who cite 'lack of desire' as an excuse or reason for losing.

They're professional footballers. Of course they want to win. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Please read the post, I know you enjoy trolling, but lets not argue speculative 'what if?' results, lets argue actual ones. You're talking to Arsenal fans, they're well aware of the frustration of inconsistency, as I literally just said in the post above. When you have no proper DM and need to play 60 games a season that upset can happen, as has been proven. C'est la vie. Lets not whine about it, lets fix it.

Lastly you talk about spirit and passion, Ramsey, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Kos, Gibbs, Arteta & Cazorla are mentally tough and can take some kicks as well as give them - and if the form during the last quarter of the season were replicated throughout the rest of it we'd have been 1st or 2nd. Do you see a trend there? Once you arn't playing multiple competitions the players arn't knackered and overplayed and concentrate better.

It should be mentioned too that we sold a world class player in RVP, bought Giroud and Cazorla who were both new to the EPL, and still finished with more points than the previous season.

Plenty of room to be optimistic.

But did they want to win more than Blackburn wanted to win?

1) stop attempting to troll

2) dont ever use desire as an argument. you sound like Alan Shearer and you will be immediately ridiculed by everyone on this forum, and no mods will step in. In fact they will probably join in.

raphael honigstein@honigstein3m
The price quoted for LG from Bayern is €20m. His wages now are approx €3.5m, about 60 GBP

Well, money isn't the problem, lets offer the lad an extra 15k a week to what we'd otherwise have and get it done quickly. After Higuain, Jovetic, Rooney and all the other bullshit transfers so far, I'm not counting anything until he's sat next to Wenger answering questions

what the **** is pep doing geting rid of a class act like lg i know thay probs got the best midfild but this makes little sence

Well, money isn't the problem, lets offer the lad an extra 15k a week to what we'd otherwise have and get it done quickly. After Higuain, Jovetic, Rooney and all the other bullshit transfers so far, I'm not counting anything until he's sat next to Wenger answering questions

Napoli are in too. Rafa be trollin'

Back