The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I thought Gustavo was amazing in Confed Cup. Guy works incredibly hard and makes very very well timed tackles. He can get forward a bit and pass the ball pretty well too.

If we need to be more defensive in a game, he'd be the guy to sub in/start over Ramsey/Arteta.

He averaged 42 passes per game in the Bundesliga, completing greater than 90%. I'd say he's a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Napoli are in too. Rafa be trollin'

I can see the scene in Wenger's home office going something like this

a31fUEa.gif

Well that's settled then. The Professor will contemplate and analyse all of his options while Napoli swoops in and simply signs the guy.

Well that's settled then. The Professor will contemplate and analyse all of his options while Napoli swoops in and simply signs the guy.

Doubt it if we truly are happy with valuation of the player. Wages also wouldn't be a problem as we've saved 15-20m so far by getting rid of deadwood.

Last edited:
Ah right. So we've established that the players clearly wanted to win more than Blackburn. So that leaves Blackburn having better players or Wenger being a poor manager...

Ah right. So we've established that the players clearly wanted to win more than Blackburn. So that leaves Blackburn having better players or Wenger being a poor manager...

Next one is a ban. You've had your warning

If you offered him similar terms to what Napoli offer him you should have no problem getting him. But I could understand if he went and joined Napoli.

On a fansite of my alma mater's football team, arguing with my fellow Americans about Suarez. None of them think he is world class.

XD

Btw we didn't sign anyone last season on deadline day. You must mean year before when we signed both Mertesacker and Arteta who are both good signings.

We also signed Park Chu-Young and Santos for just over £10m... Just saying :P

We signed Arteta and Cazorla both late in the window and both have been fantastic, I'm not too concerned, the squad does need depth to cover for injuries though.

Didn't we sign Cazorla really early on, before the window officially opened?

That was Podolski's 2nd best ever season. And its not good enough for Arsenal, its wide left that needs replacing not FC

Statistically it is... but he was playing for a worse club most of his career, and with a less attacking mentality with most of his managers.

Well, people kept on going on about Bernard but Wenger denied it entirely. Obviously it should be someone though, Podolski seems either fantastic or just anonymous. At least he seems to track back though. I wouldn't be confident with him leading the line if Giroud isn't playing though.. perhaps that's why we have Sanogo :P

Podolski is a really good finisher (most of the time), but his movement and positioning is ****!

Also people needed to be educated about Carrick, by any means necessary

IMO Carrick's nothing special. If he played for Arsenal people would keep calling him sh*t (Like Ramsey) (Even though he's not)

Last edited:
Podolski is a really good finisher (most of the time), but his movement and positioning is ****!

IMO Carrick's nothing special. If he played for Arsenal people would keep calling him sh*t (Like Ramsey)

Then you need shooting, with the rest of the peons. If he played for Arsenal people would be calling him Arteta.

Happy, GC?

Then you need shooting, with the rest of the peons. If he played for Arsenal people would be calling him Arteta.

Happy, GC?

Carrick has improved massively the past few years, turned into a very good player

Carrick has improved massively the past few years, turned into a very good player

Carrick from 2006-09 was very good player too, after CL finals he was average for a year. Apart from that he was always very good and it was surprising that it took so long to get recognition.

His performance against Inter in 2008-09 CL was just superb and lauded in Italian press but nothing in English press.

Carrick from 2006-09 was very good player too, after CL finals he was average for a year. Apart from that he was always very good and it was surprising that it took so long to get recognition.

His performance against Inter in 2008-09 CL was just superb and lauded in Italian press but nothing in English press.

He has always been a good player, but not a great one IMO... in the last few seasons, particularly last season he has really upped his game

one of the better deep lying play makers about now

Back