The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He has always been a good player, but not a great one IMO... in the last few seasons, particularly last season he has really upped his game

one of the better deep lying play makers about now

I'm not sure on that, he was superb in 2008-09 season, especially defensively. Yeah he improved his game last season in at least one area. He showed some leadership skills that he lacked before.

I'm not sure on that, he was superb in 2008-09 season, especially defensively. Yeah he improved his game last season in at least one area. He showed some leadership skills that he lacked before.

Obviously you would know more about Carrick being a United fan, but no doubt he is now a very good player

He has always been a good player, but not a great one IMO... in the last few seasons, particularly last season he has really upped his game

one of the better deep lying play makers about now

After the 09 final he had a poor (by his standards) year and a bit. Because of that people forget that he was excellent 06-09. A key part of the fact that we have the longest unbeaten run in Europe (25 games) set during that period

Then you need shooting, with the rest of the peons. If he played for Arsenal people would be calling him Arteta.

Happy, GC?

GC???

I would say you need shooting for thinking he is as good as you say...

GC???

I would say you need shooting for thinking he is as good as you say...

Not really, actually look at what he does. If you can see what Arteta does and you cant see what Carrick does, then you are being somewhat ridiculous.

Well that's settled then. The Professor will contemplate and analyse all of his options while Napoli swoops in and simply signs the guy.

Probably. Conflicting reports saying he favours Arsenal or Wolfsburg.

As for Ramesy, he DID have an awful year after recovery massively inconsistent with a lot of misplaces passes, but has since improved hugely.

As for Ramesy, he DID have an awful year after recovery massively inconsistent with a lot of misplaces passes, but has since improved hugely.

Yeap. I'd say he was our best player in pre-season.

Yeap. I'd say he was our best player in pre-season.

He has that edge back. Especially as he is being deployed through the middle.

I would have him at 10, Cazorla wide, Wilshere and Arteta the deep duo. Try and get Gustavo in for added steel.

Last edited:
He has that edge back. Especially as he is being deployed through the middle.

I would have him at 10, Cazorla wide, Wilshere and Arteta the deep duo. Trying and get Gustavo in for added steel.

Yeap. He stick to basics on end of last season to great effect and now that his confidence is up again he's showing that old pre injury Rambo promise. Though unless we sign Gustavo I'd keep him deeper alongside Arteta and play Rosicky at 10.

We also signed Park Chu-Young and Santos for just over £10m... Just saying :P

Didn't we sign Cazorla really early on, before the window officially opened?

Statistically it is... but he was playing for a worse club most of his career, and with a less attacking mentality with most of his managers.

His best ever season came at Koln

Yeap. He stick to basics on end of last season to great effect and now that his confidence is up again he's showing that old pre injury Rambo promise. Though unless we sign Gustavo I'd keep him deeper alongside Arteta and play Rosicky at 10.

Keep forgetting about TR. Yeah I would go with that instead.

Then you need shooting, with the rest of the peons. If he played for Arsenal people would be calling him Arteta.

Happy, GC?

So when I tell someone he's wrong I get told off, you tell someone he deserves to be shot, everything's fine?

HYPOCRISY AND CORRUPTION

ESPNFC: Soccer Luiz Gustavo keen on Arsenal switch

“I am in a delicate situation at Bayern, and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move. I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It’s a big club we’re talking about here, so of course I’d like to play for them.”

“Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League,” he added. “They also have a very clever manager in Arsene Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League, you could see they are not pushovers.”

ESPNFC: Soccer Luiz Gustavo keen on Arsenal switch

“I am in a delicate situation at Bayern, and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move. I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It’s a big club we’re talking about here, so of course I’d like to play for them.”

“Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League,” he added. “They also have a very clever manager in Arsene Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League, you could see they are not pushovers.”

STOP it your getting me excited :( i really hope we get him

So when I tell someone he's wrong I get told off, you tell someone he deserves to be shot, everything's fine?

HYPOCRISY AND CORRUPTION

"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others"

Back