The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Blimey. Djourou's gone too IIRC. Can't make fun of all the surplus Arsenal defenders. :(

I heard a couple of rumours Sagna was going to be played at CB more regularly, with Jenkinson stepping up to starting RB and Bellerin coming up to be second choice. If that isn't the case, though, Arsenal definitely need another CB.

Yeah Sagna will be 4th choice CB this season and looks like we are allowing his contract come to end so we are looking at new first choice RB. Last rumours have been about Lichsteiner,but there has also been talk of Gamez, Jung and Uchida.

****, there's a fire sale going on at Anzhi right now. We could do with Diarra (what happened to this ex-gooner anyways?) and Eto and maybe even Samba. I hold no hope that we would actually sign anyone though. It would be just like us to make botch of this transfer window.

All of them on massive wages compared to their ability so no thank you. For DM Gustavo is great choice and if we can't get him I'd go for Kondogbia. And please no to Eto'o ...

It is looking that way, supposedly Napoli, Barca and Wolfsburg have offered him a contract alongside Arsenal - the issue is playing time, otherwise he'd have stayed at Bayern. Arsenal playing a double pivot (Ramsey/Arteta) probably told him he couldn't be guaranteed a start ahead of those two players and he would rotate himself, and was unhappy with that. In a WC year it seems he wants a sure chance of showing his form.

It is looking that way, supposedly Napoli, Barca and Wolfsburg have offered him a contract alongside Arsenal - the issue is playing time, otherwise he'd have stayed at Bayern. Arsenal playing a double pivot (Ramsey/Arteta) probably told him he couldn't be guaranteed a start ahead of those two players and he would rotate himself, and was unhappy with that. In a WC year it seems he wants a sure chance of showing his form.

We should lie to him, tie him down.

Muhahaha.

If he goes to Wolfsburg over Barcelona, Napoli or Arsenal then fair do's to him really. Shows he's not only in it for the money.

Apparently Arsenal have only bid £14 million and aren't willing to go any higher and Bayern want 17m (guardian)

To be fair, Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagon, so they're not exactly poor.

and according to Honingstein they will be paying him 8m per year wages which is much more than what he's getting in Bayern. Guaranteed playing time and Bayern are sponsored by Audi which is part of VW group so there are connections there.

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 28m
. @Bild says that Wolfsburg are paying "close to €15m". That would be LESS than Arsenal's reported GBP 14m bid....

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 24m
easy to be critical of AFC transfer-dealings - I certainly have been - but in this case, there are (probably) exonerating circumstances...

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 22m
1. close Bayern - Wolfsburg connection via Audi
2. agent relationship with buying club
3. Wolfsburg offering equivalent of GBP 115k per week

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 21m
4. guaranteed playing time as regular starter

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 28m
. @Bild says that Wolfsburg are paying "close to €15m". That would be LESS than Arsenal's reported GBP 14m bid....

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 24m
easy to be critical of AFC transfer-dealings - I certainly have been - but in this case, there are (probably) exonerating circumstances...

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 22m
1. close Bayern - Wolfsburg connection via Audi
2. agent relationship with buying club
3. Wolfsburg offering equivalent of GBP 115k per week

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 21m
4. guaranteed playing time as regular starter

Yeap seems like we need to find a new target.

Back