The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
This is a guy I would really like United to get, but why wouldn't you guys try and get Geoffrey Kondogbia from Sevilla? He's looks an absolute beast of a player and only 19 years of age and French (Wenger surely turned on now).

Sevilla are known to sell players, I'm guessing roughly they would sell him for £15-20m but that's very cheap with the quality of player you could have. (Even more so in a few years).

This is a guy I would really like United to get, but why wouldn't you guys try and get Geoffrey Kondogbia from Sevilla? He's looks an absolute beast of a player and only 19 years of age and French (Wenger surely turned on now).

Sevilla are known to sell players, I'm guessing roughly they would sell him for £15-20m but that's very cheap with the quality of player you could have. (Even more so in a few years).

He was one of the earliest players we were linked with in this transfer window, but whatever interest there may have been seems to have petered out.

He belongs to a third party plus they have agreed to let him stay at his current club for another year. Plenty of competition for his signature next summer, that's for sure.

Sevilla have said they don't need to sell anymore, but they said if someone triggers Kondogbia's release clause ( 18m ) there's nothing they can do.

I'm starting to get little worried. We have 19 first team players at the moment and out of them Sagna, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta and Diaby are injured...

Ramsey doubtful too, he's pulled out of the Wales squad. Which means we're one injury-prone Rosicky away from including our reserves in our midfield ;)

Ramsey doubtful too, he's pulled out of the Wales squad. Which means we're one injury-prone Rosicky away from including our reserves in our midfield ;)

Midfield isn't even biggest worry as currently we don't have any fit defenders for the bench for AV match. Can't understand how hard is it to sign players as we have 70-100m to spend and 500k p/w freed wages on top of it.

Midfield isn't even biggest worry as currently we don't have any fit defenders for the bench for AV match. Can't understand how hard is it to sign players as we have 70-100m to spend and 500k p/w freed wages on top of it.

No value in the market, can't be helped.

Regards,

- Arsene

Because you have a very greedy board. Remind me, how did Higuain end up at Napoli when he expressed a desire to play in London?

Because you have a very greedy board. Remind me, how did Higuain end up at Napoli when he expressed a desire to play in London?

Because we tried to sign Suarez. We have only bid for two strikers this season: Rooney and Suarez. Also Real upped their demand for Higuain which is why we gave up the transfer completely. But still pure striker isn't the most crucial signing we need at the moment.

Because we tried to sign Suarez. We have only bid for two strikers this season: Rooney and Suarez. Also Real upped their demand for Higuain which is why we gave up the transfer completely. But still pure striker isn't the most crucial signing we need at the moment.

Even if you need a Centre-Back first one I think off the top of my head who is available would be Toby Aldeweireld at Ajax. Wenger going into this season with the same squad is unbelievably foolish, look at how much Tottenham have improved and they only just missed out last year from taking 4th spot.

Even if you need a Centre-Back first one I think off the top of my head who is available would be Toby Aldeweireld at Ajax. Wenger going into this season with the same squad is unbelievably foolish, look at how much Tottenham have improved and they only just missed out last year from taking 4th spot.

Not really the same squad tbh, 20 players done and shipped off already. Can barely fill the bench at the moment.

Not really the same squad tbh, 20 players done and shipped off already. Can barely fill the bench at the moment.

Yeh the departures I didn't count... your starting eleven will be the same. Unless you field Sanogo in the first team. (lol)

Yeh the departures I didn't count... your starting eleven will be the same. Unless you field Sanogo in the first team. (lol)

You may laugh, but if Giroud gets injured, that's exactly what we're doing. We tried the false 9 thing before, and Gervinho has since gone, as has Arshavin - Park won't play for us, Bendtner has burnt his bridges and won't play for the club again (his words) and Chamakh has left..

So Sanogo up front is exactly how it might go :)

Back