The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Monaco have came out and said that they don't have to sell him.

Besides, if anyone other than Monaco wanted to pay £55m for him, he wouldn't be at Monaco.

Ohhhhh, I can't ever imagine him going to Arsenal even if it did happen. #optimismattemptfading

I thought he meant money from sold players, i.e. we are net +11m over the initial transfer budget.

If you include all the sold and released players though we're closer to +25m at the moment, which would be included in the transfer budget, which would put a rough mean figure available of £100m.

Yeah maybe. According to Swissramble and AST we could have spent 100m easily even before player sales and releases.

Problem now is that everyone knows we need players and we have lot of cash so asking prices will rise.

Problem now is that everyone knows we need players and we have lot of cash so asking prices will rise.

I wouldn't worry about that really, this transfer window has been so extremely competetive it was always unlikely to get any bargains.

If Liverpool do completely close the door on the Suárez transfer, and Rooney makes a move to Chelsea, who should we move for?

This summer has been the mother of all mug offs.

Q) Who - with any competence - announces how much money they have to 'spend' right at the start of the transfer window? (thus causing any potential selling team to up their prices).

A) A CEO that simply wants fans to believe this so season tickets get renewed and he continues to achieve his goal of making the club as much money as possible with the most minimal of financial outlay.

Q) What kind of manager allows the shipping out of 15+ players, and only bringing in ONE new player before the season has started?

A) The kind of manager who no longer cares about realistically challenging for anything other than scraping into the CL so the club can once more make as much money as possible whilst spending as little as possible.

Q) What kind of manager insists the club are active in the transfer market but doesn't sign anyone because the current team is better than any player he can find?

A) The kind of manager that year upon year comes up with a bible of laughable excuses for not signing players because he either does not want to spend money, or is being told not to by the lying board.

The reality is that the board and Wenger are in cahoots - minimise investment to the detriment of success, yet still qualify for the cash-cow that is CL football. Now that that could be in risk following all the injuries we picked up yesterday, if... and only if, we get a negative result on wednesday, will we see players come in. But who would join now? Nobody of any real quality that we were initially being linked with. Expect another 2011 season of Chu-Youngs and Andre Santos's.

The club is a joke. As a business, its fantastic. Who wouldn't want to own/be majority of a company that turns year on year profits?

I wouldn't be so wound up if there was actual honesty coming out of the Emirates regarding their real targets for the season, and if someone was actually being held accountable for the gross incompetence and **** right lying to us fans day on day, but nobody is. Not from the outside.

I wouldn't worry about that really, this transfer window has been so extremely competetive it was always unlikely to get any bargains.

I wasn't thinking about it that way, but now that we are "desperate" other clubs will milk us out of everything we've got OR we will be left with likes of Park

If Liverpool do completely close the door on the Suárez transfer, and Rooney makes a move to Chelsea, who should we move for?

I doubt Liverpool have closed door on him. They just want the amount they are demanding ( 50-55m ). Rooney won't be going to Chelsea about that I'm 99% sure.

Michu?

If not, Dzeko/Negredo/Damiao (He isn't in the current Brazil team so would surely want to move to prove himself at a higher level?)

Michu?

If not, Dzeko/Negredo/Damiao (He isn't in the current Brazil team so would surely want to move to prove himself at a higher level?)

Negredo's already at City. Scored against us in Helsinki.

It would take huge sum to convince Swansea to sell (20-30m I'd say). Damiao would be decent, but I'd rather go for Jackson Martinez.

Expect another 2011 season of Chu-Youngs and Andre Santos's.

If we were to get players like in 2011, I would be very happy. Getting Mertesacker and Arteta more than makes up for Chu-young and Santos (Plus Santos was good in his first season)

P.S. not to mention Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Campbell, Bellarin, Toral and the one and only GERVINHO :D

Last edited:

It would take huge sum to convince Swansea to sell (20-30m I'd say). Damiao would be decent, but I'd rather go for Jackson Martinez.

Oh yeah haha, don't know how I forgot :@

Why would City not sell him? They have Negredo, Jovetic, Aguero all ahead of Dzeko in the pecking order. We have a more realistic chance of getting him than we do Martinez (3rd party ownership) and Michu (not worth 25-30m quoted at)

Yeah, I read a report that said Swansea will only sell at £25m.

Why would City not sell him? They have Negredo, Jovetic, Aguero all ahead of Dzeko in the pecking order. We have a more realistic chance of getting him than we do Martinez (3rd party ownership) and Michu (not worth 25-30m quoted at)

Pellegrini has said that he likes Dzeko and will be looking to giving him more chances this year than he's had before. Wouldn't mind him at all, but dont think it's at all realistic.

Pellegrini said Dzeko is the main striker...

I wasn't thinking about it that way, but now that we are "desperate" other clubs will milk us out of everything we've got OR we will be left with likes of Park

But sometimes you should just over pay if player improves your team. Looking for bargains is good but not the best solution everytime.

If only you paid what Valencia asked, you would have had Mata in your team and along with plenty of missed players because of 1 or 2 million transfer fee.

Call me biased but Mata is a player who would have made a world of a difference to your team. Taken you to another level for sure. Him+RVP would have been an absolutely lethal combo. Big, big loss....

Then I really don't see us getting another striker nor many others really. This summer has been a disaster and there are no signs of it stopping unless something happens within the board or the manager.

Back