The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
But sometimes you should just over pay if player improves your team. Looking for bargains is good but not the best solution everytime.

If only you paid what Valencia asked, you would have had Mata in your team and along with plenty of missed players because of 1 or 2 million transfer fee.

Please don't remind me of that. That's exactly whats wrong with us. We then looked for Cesc money to pay for Mata while we should have already signed Mata so he would have been in place incase Cesc goes.

Club doesn't act proactively at all.

But sometimes you should just over pay if player improves your team. Looking for bargains is good but not the best solution everytime.

If only you paid what Valencia asked, you would have had Mata in your team and along with plenty of missed players because of 1 or 2 million transfer fee.

Trust me, every fan knows this. Wenger and the board do not.

Call me biased but Mata is a player who would have made a world of a difference to your team. Taken you to another level for sure. Him+RVP would have been an absolutely lethal combo. Big, big loss....

Yeap. Would have taken us straight into title race I think.

Yeah he or Lamela would be amazing especially as it seems that Ox will be out for some time.

Really want a prem club to sign lamela he is a player I really like you badly need a dm but I just can't think who is available who would you like to see in for the dm

Really want a prem club to sign lamela he is a player I really like you badly need a dm but I just can't think who is available who would you like to see in for the dm

Fernando Reges from Porto. Transfer listed there and on last year of his contract. No brainer for me.

No brainer for alot of people, obviously not for Wenger or the board though.

Yeap. Would have taken us straight into title race I think.

Really doubt that. There is something wrong with Arsenal. Team with Nasri, Fabregas, RVP couldn't mount serious challenge except for once in 2007-08.

Really doubt that. There is something wrong with Arsenal. Team with Nasri, Fabregas, RVP couldn't mount serious challenge except for once in 2007-08.

RVP was on two levels above his 2007 self for us. Mata > Nasri and Arteta came in and stabilized our midfield immensively. So I think we would have been in contention at least.

But the thing is would we have bought Arteta if we hadn't lost Fabregas or Nasri? Would we have bought Cazorla if we hadn't lost Nasri? No not at all. These are all replacements and it's quite obvious they were always going to be replacements. Yeah they can say oh but we were looking at these players in the past, yeah well they also said we would get our deals done early this season and look at what has happened.

seriously? <raised eyebrow> lol someone said so here earlier but they were kidding right? dude.

cheer up arsenal fans yall are not as bad as liverpool are! ;)

seriously? <raised eyebrow> lol someone said so here earlier but they were kidding right? dude.

cheer up arsenal fans yall are not as bad as liverpool are! ;)

Yeah as Sagna was injured he came on. No defenders on bench left at that point.

Lambert called their second penalty "stonewall", claiming Koscielny didn't get any of the ball.

Lambert called their second penalty "stonewall", claiming Koscielny didn't get any of the ball.

Should check his glasses then. Even first one was question because the ref gave them advantage ( Which he shouldn't have )

Interesting point on that sky sports show this morning, koscielny's other leg hit the villa player's leg over, before he touched the ball

Back