The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Cabaye would be good for more depth... he is a very good player

But im not sure he is the type of player Arsenal exactly need.. A deeper midfielder, striker, maybe another wide player and center back would be more suited to Arsenal's needs

This.

The Arsenal directors are starting to look very stupid now after claiming they've got 80million of what ever it was to spend in the transfer market.

The Arsenal directors are starting to look very stupid now after claiming they've got 80million of what ever it was to spend in the transfer market.

It's hard not to agree.

You don't go and try and buy a player after saying "Hey I've got a lot of money!", as of course they'll drive the price up.

And because it's a listed company, you can see exactly how much they have available, roughly £150m, of which £30 needs to be held back for other uses at the club. They have the money, they just arn't doing anything useful with it when it comes to improving the side.

I think most of the rumours / news of the bids is attempt by club to calm the fans where it's failing miserably. Gazidis and his comment about our cash has cost us perhaps 10m or even more in inflated prices. All the while his own salary has increase over 300% in couple years. Value for money truly.

I don't think annoucing the available budget matters as much as you guys think. Look at Napoli - owner went out to the press and flat out said the exact amount of money avaialble for Benitez. They still had very good transfer window and signed some good bargains.

At the end of the day financial shape of big clubs is more or less public knowlegdge. If you're rich, other clubs will always try squeeze you like a lemon for every penny.

We have signed a defender / defensive midfielder ... 15 year old Kristopher De Graca from Sweden.

Seriously? I hate to say it, but get Wenger out. My dad and I have discussed this window a couple of times, and both times he made an excellent metaphor to Wenger being more of a bank manager than a football manager at this point.

I don't think annoucing the available budget matters as much as you guys think. Look at Napoli - owner went out to the press and flat out said the exact amount of money avaialble for Benitez. They still had very good transfer window and signed some good bargains.

At the end of the day financial shape of big clubs is more or less public knowlegdge. If you're rich, other clubs will always try squeeze you like a lemon for every penny.

Not so sure on bargains. At least on Hiq's case they overpaid quite heavily. Still they got their targets and I agree had good window.

they want 30 million for cabaye, now Arsenal's desperation is well documented. Even if they do buy players now, they'll comically overpay for them

Seriously? I hate to say it, but get Wenger out. My dad and I have discussed this window a couple of times, and both times he made an excellent metaphor to Wenger being more of a bank manager than a football manager at this point.

We need those youngsters also. I don't see a problem in signing a prospect as we've offloaded was it 27-28 this summer big part of them were youngsters.

Wenger also isn't the problem. At least not alone.

p0IlJMz.jpg

they want 30 million for cabaye, now Arsenal's desperation is well documented. Even if they do buy players now, they'll comically overpay for them

We bid 10m and will never go above 15-18m for Cabaye no matter how desperate.

We bid 10m and will never go above 15-18m for Cabaye no matter how desperate.

And therefore arn't getting him.

Which has been the whole problem this transfer window, trying to be massively cheap and getting nobody.

Are you than hoping clubs to sell their Quality players at the last day of the window ?? The longer you take to buy your targets whether it is Target A,B,C the more you pay.The same goes for us at united.We made a combined bid of 28 mil to everton for our targets .Which i find stupid because we wont even get Fellaini at that price now.

Are you than hoping clubs to sell their Quality players at the last day of the window ?? The longer you take to buy your targets whether it is Target A,B,C the more you pay.The same goes for us at united.We made a combined bid of 28 mil to everton for our targets .Which i find stupid because we wont even get Fellaini at that price now.

Yeap was laughing when heard about it. When we bid 35 initial bid for Suarez it was insulting according to press. You bid 28m for 2 of Everton's best and it's shrewd business...

And therefore arn't getting him.

Which has been the whole problem this transfer window, trying to be massively cheap and getting nobody.

Yeap. In the end I bet we are just going to overbid on some average player. Can't pay bit extra for top targets and end up paying over the odds on the last target... Good business.

I dont think thats the rule .You can register a player one day before the match or it got changed this season.Still what kind of answer is that now he is the longest serving manager in the league.He should show some sense or frankly like i said jan he needs to go away now.

That's how the Champions League works. You register players in advance (like week or something), then any players you sign cannot be registered until the following round. The Premier League is the one where you can register them the day before.

I agree though, an incredibly strange metaphor to use..

then you won't sign him, and will have wasted days, time, and face by getting rejected and have to move onto someone else.

Don't really understand why we are in for him. Not at all what we need. For that 10-12m bid we did we could sign Fernando from Porto.

It's beginning to look like Michu is our main target now. Anyone think we're going to spend £25m on him?

Watching the City game, and the commentators reminded me of something that obviously hadn't registered. Wenger is now the longest serving Premier League manager, with Pardew second.

Last edited:
Back