The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Heh, major fan backlash and suddenly 5000 transfer rumours start. Its embarassing if thats what it takes for the club to spend. Not to mention now the market is picked clean and you basically have to panic buy.

Lol, what If you end up massively overpaying because club was trying to be frugal? Good God. If i was season ticket holder I'd be fuming right now.

It has had pretty much opposite effect to calming fans which I think it was intended. Only at Arsenal.

2 years ago we couldn't replace Cesc, now we aren't able to replace Chamakh...

I love how Jamie Carragher is labelling our pursuit of Cabaye a "panic" buy. We were heavily linked with him last summer and in January as well...

We arn't buying Pogba, Cabaye would be a good signing, 10m in this market is unlikely though. Wenger must be thinking he's Arteta v2, however basically we're adding 'okay' squad players from mid table teams which arn't improving us at all, which for 15-20m (prob what Cabaye would cost considering his value to them, age, and current rough vague) is pretty irritating. No marquee signings whatsoever it seems.

A year or two ago and he would have been a marquee signing... Oh how times have changed.

I love how Jamie Carragher is labelling our pursuit of Cabaye a "panic" buy. We were heavily linked with him last summer and in January as well...

And given that you didn't actually persue him at all, you must've deemed him not good enough. As such, this can very definitely be labelled a panic buy, since you're stooping to a lower level than the board deemed proper to pick up signings.

The Independent's £99m plan to restore the lost faith of Arsenal's support - News & Comment - Football - The Independent

Before reading this article, I was going to make a comment saying if there were any likelihood Chelsea would sell Courtois to us, we should make a move for him, because he's a year younger than Szczęsny, and is much better. However, Marc-André ter Stegen is a good shout as well, and is also younger. ****, Bernd Leno would probably even be a better bet than Szczęsny at the moment.

No way we could get Ter Stegen for 7-10m. 65m for Suarez and Kagawa? I am assuming that would be 50m for Suarez and 15m for Kagawa? I could see United selling for around 20m.

No way we could get Ter Stegen for 7-10m. 65m for Suarez and Kagawa? I am assuming that would be 50m for Suarez and 15m for Kagawa? I could see United selling for around 20m.

Yeah..... we're really going to sell Kagawa oO)

We are never selling Courtois. Forget it. Kids probably the best goalkeeper in La Liga at the moment. Destined for greatness. Mourinho rates him very highly, wanted to bring him back to challenge Cech for the No.1 jersey but he refused

Not sure why i read the comments on the daily mail website:

Wenger needs to get some young British/Irish blood in who will battle and understand the fans desires. Namely, Seamus Coleman, James McCarthy, Shane Long , Chris Smalling, Ross Barkely, Luke Shaw, Anthony Pilkington, James Milner, Darron Gibson along with proven premiership players like Begovic, Shawcross, Jagielka & Ricky Lambert.

Not sure why i read the comments on the daily mail website:
Smalling, Milner, Shawcross and Jagielka are the only ones in there who I think would benefit Arsenal and Smalling is DEFINITELY not going to join Arsenal, that would be going backwards for him. Milner is not going to happen let's face it and nor will the other two, mostly either because Wenger will mostly likely look abroad or will chase someone like Cabaye and not be prepared to pay the money for him.

Seamus Coleman is a shout but Everton have already made it clear this summer that they are not selling they're best players.

Smalling, Milner, Shawcross and Jagielka are the only ones in there who I think would benefit Arsenal and Smalling is DEFINITELY not going to join Arsenal, that would be going backwards for him. Milner is not going to happen let's face it and nor will the other two, mostly either because Wenger will mostly likely look abroad or will chase someone like Cabaye and not be prepared to pay the money for him.

Seamus Coleman is a shout but Everton have already made it clear this summer that they are not selling they're best players.

Do not seeing any of those players taking as to the next level, the players you have mentioned are decent squad players but we have enough of them already.

Do not seeing any of those players taking as to the next level, the players you have mentioned are decent squad players but we have enough of them already.

I'd certainly take Begovic and Coleman from that list. Both would be improvements in first team.

I'd certainly take Begovic and Coleman from that list. Both would be improvements in first team.

Do you not rate jenkinson then? I have a bit of a soft spot for him. His not the best defensively but he is still young and will improve given time.

Do you not rate jenkinson then? I have a bit of a soft spot for him. His not the best defensively but he is still young and will improve given time.

Dude I'm finnish. Ofc I rate Jenkinson, but club was prepared to send him on loan before the AV game and only didn't because we haven't got new players in and injuries. I'd rather see him go on loan to another prem club and play more games and us signing a new first choice RB and keep Sagna as backup until his contract expires.

I don't know whats this writer problem with Per and Kosc at CB? So maybe they have less synergy then classic Caveman+Professor type of defense partnership (Vidic+Rio, Terry+Carvalho etc.), but he shouldn't pass harsh judgments on center backs when they aren't properly shielded by midfield.

Yeap. After all they were the best pairing for latter part of last season and only thing changed from that is Arteta injury. A pure defensive midfielder in front of them and we would have no problems at back + trustworthy goalkeeper instead of lunatic that is Szczesny.

Yes Wenger gave us the invincible's (a long time ago).
He cannot continue to use his past successes to hold the club at ransom, Arsenal are going in the opposite direction, getting worse by each passing season.
Pressure has to come from the fans to put pressure on the club’s sponsors, putting the pressure for money they have sunk into the manager's and board's pockets with nothing to show for it.
The fans deserve more respect from a club who promised more money to be available to bring in top players, when they moved to the Emirates from Highbury.
The fans pay into the FOOTBALL CLUB.... Not the Bank OF Arsenal.
Wenger has turned a winning club into a BANK.

Back