The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It's beginning to look like Michu is our main target now. Anyone think we're going to spend £25m on him?

Watching the City game, and the commentators reminded me of something that obviously hadn't registered. Wenger is now the longest serving Premier League manager, with Pardew second.

Swansea can't replace Michu with 2 weeks left max. He's alright, but we need more defensive additions and a replacement for Arteta. Without a regista, the team just doesn't work.

Pogba for 20m or Cabaye for 20m, it's a no brainer for me really. Also no way in **** would I pay 25m for Michu. If we are willing to spend 25m on Michu we should easily be able to spend 50m on Suarez or Rooney. Also heard we are monitoring Micah Richards status at City. I would definitely take him.

I don't get the Pogba rumours, he's clearly not going to leave Juventus surely?

I don't believe it either but heard that Juventus are willing to sell for 20m.

Um, anyone? Bayern? United? Chelsea? City? Madrid? Barca? Dortmund? He can get into any side in the world at the moment.

Yes he would at least be in contention for many of those teams, but for many teams he'd be luxury signing as their midfields are pretty great already. ( Except Utd's ). And would Utd be willing to spend 20m on player who left them for next to nothing year before?

Yes he would at least be in contention for many of those teams, but for many teams he'd be luxury signing as their midfields are pretty great already. ( Except Utd's ). And would Utd be willing to spend 20m on player who left them for next to nothing year before?

Yes, probably. Pretty sure United would swallow their pride if a player of his calibre came up.

Rumour going around that we are looking at Vicente Guaita from Valencia. What is he like?

Well, if Pogba joined, he would be with his fellow French internationals Sagna, Kos, Giroud, Sanogo.

Well, if Pogba joined, he would be with his fellow French internationals Sagna, Kos, Giroud, Sanogo.

Only three of those are French internationals, and if number of international teammates were a major pulling power he'd go to a Ligue 1 team. Or Newcastle.

Heh, major fan backlash and suddenly 5000 transfer rumours start. Its embarassing if thats what it takes for the club to spend. Not to mention now the market is picked clean and you basically have to panic buy.

Lol, what If you end up massively overpaying because club was trying to be frugal? Good God. If i was season ticket holder I'd be fuming right now.

Back