The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Lamela's agent said that he isn't in London because he is finalising a move to Tottenham (Words to that effect), but wouldn't say why he was in London... Just saying :P

Lamela's agent said that he isn't in London because he is finalising a move to Tottenham (Words to that effect), but wouldn't say why he was in London... Just saying :P

Lamela has said earlier that he'd like to play for Arsenal and specially because he'd like to work with Wenger. We will see where he ends up as I heard Roma are actually pushing for the sale as Garcia prefers Gervinho over Lamela...

Benzema and Di Maria rumors...

also, while he has bagged 2 in 2, Giroud is looking average. He was flustered, making uncharacteristic poor runs, and in the last two games has won very few aerial battles. He really needs some competition for his spot.

Whoa, let's calm the Woj bashing a bit. He's not a BAD keeper. He's got good reflexes, he's big and imposing, is good in the air and complements Arsenal's style of play pretty well. And, above all, he's still very young for a keeper. In terms of natural ability he's streets ahead of Almunia. It's these moments of madness - which in theory are good, keepers honestly need to be a little insane - that need to be ironed out. It's not like he's an experienced mental dude like Jens Lehmann, he has time on his side to work it out.

The way people are going on about him at the moment you'd think he'd conceded three by his own fault, rather than pretty much blamelessly. Yes, he gave away the first penalty, but that's more due to the fact Agbonlahor was playing unstoppably well and had toasted Arsenal's defence before getting to the area. And then, Wojo saved the penalty (another of his strengths) but got unlucky with the rebound. Another penalty meant it was hardly his fault, and he was always going to be at a disadvantage when Tony Moon got into a one on one with him after some truly diabolical defending. There was that crazy bit of play where he nearly got chipped by Westwood, but he saved that one, so there can't be TOO many complaints on that front.

^^ this. He's not a bad keeper AT ALL. Sure it'd be nice to have the best keeper in the world but in terms of the Arsenal squad as it is, he's one of the stronger areas in the team. And not a single one of the Villa goals were his fault. It's easy to point the blame with him not getting near the third but allowing someone to run unopposed from the halfway line - there are 10 other players more to blame before the goalkeeper.

Suarez to RM, Benzema to Arsenal?

Who are we kidding. This all smells like Arsenal leaking for the benefit of good PR...

Suarez to RM, Benzema to Arsenal?

Who are we kidding. This all smells like Arsenal leaking for the benefit of good PR...

Both Di Maria and Benzema are players Arsene has liked for quite some time. Smells a lot like PR job, but imagine both Liverpool and Spurs losing their best players and in turn we getting 2 quality ones because of that.

IF we are to sign Benzema then I think Podolski might be sold. At least Wolfsburg and Schalke seem interested.

If we can't sign some racist from a team worse than us, then I'm quite sceptical about our chances of actually signing a one of the world's best wingers and strikers. Plus wern't we meant to be signing Benzema last year?

I'm going to hope for at best Cabaye and perhaps a player further up the field.

I'd rather have Tiote then Cabaye to be honest. I know he has been off form last season, but so was Cabaye. Criminally underrated DM, who just needs to learn to be able to play longer balls (Although won't be needed to often anyone for us)w

If we can't sign some racist from a team worse than us, then I'm quite sceptical about our chances of actually signing a one of the world's best wingers and strikers. Plus wern't we meant to be signing Benzema last year?

I'm going to hope for at best Cabaye and perhaps a player further up the field.

Real tried to include both Coentrao and Di Maria on the deal for Bale, but neither wanted to go to Spurs. This basically means both are up for sale.

There's always problem signing a player from same division especially as we are above them and they want to climb to our level. Selling us would be poor business for Liverpool as it was for us last season with RVP.

I'd rather have Tiote then Cabaye to be honest. I know he has been off form last season, but so was Cabaye. Criminally underrated DM, who just needs to learn to be able to play longer balls (Although won't be needed to often anyone for us)w

I agree. He wouldn't need to play any long balls for us. Just pass to Rambo/Jack/Arteta/Rozza who's ahead of him.

Who in god's name is Rambo? :D

edit: nevermind, google is my friend.

Last edited:
The media is getting more stupid with who they link us with lol di maria nd benzema YEAH right like they would leave real madrid for arsenal

The media is getting more stupid with who they link us with lol di maria nd benzema YEAH right like they would leave real madrid for arsenal

Players have left RM for all kinds of teams. Real are trying to offload some of their players so they can recoup some of the Bale fee and maybe also sign Suarez.

Players have left RM for all kinds of teams. Real are trying to offload some of their players so they can recoup some of the Bale fee and maybe also sign Suarez.
As much as id like to see it ,real madrid would be fools to let di maria nd benzema go arsenal also fools to pay 80+ mil fo bale haha but then again they are a rich club

Back