The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As much as id like to see it ,real madrid would be fools to let di maria nd benzema go arsenal also fools to pay 80+ mil fo bale haha but then again they are a rich club

They want a marquee signing to counter Neymar's to Barca. Personally I think Benzema rumour is long shot and not happening, but Di Maria transfer might happen.

I only heard the Benzema rumour earlier today, and as much as I like him, I think it's highly unlikely the transfer will ever happen. At the same time, I'm hoping I'm not jinxing it if there is a potential transfer. However di María is the more likely of the two to happen, and would be a huge improvement on Gervinho.

Last edited:
1 out of many but i dont think higuain even stated he wanted to it was his dad

Higuain said he would wait 24 hours for Arsenal to make an offer because he would rather come to us, but Wenger didn't want him.

And if Real got Bale, I can't see Di Maria and Benzema getting into the team (I would presume Ronaldo would be played as a striker again)

Just saw this on another site which made me laugh

I have a conspiracy theory
what if benzema was always the first choice & we just had to do real a few favours first
*bid for higuain to get the ball rolling with Napoli
*bid for suarez to unsettle him & stir the pot. I mean a 40,000, 001 bid we knew it would **** them off & they would not do business but we did it anyway
*knowing real are trying to get the best price for bale there is no way they can let spurs know they are interested in suarez as well so maybe we did there dirty work for them
*leaving us to take benzema who wenger has always wanted
I know it is a bit far fetched just something to think about

WAIT WAIT WAIT news just in that we are re signing flamini on a free transfer our problems have been solved THANK YOU wenger this is exactly what we wanted.

A striker who was going to be a postman and a midfielder who is no longer useful for AC Milan

BILD reporting that Lukas Podolski is joining Schalke on loan for the season. Option to buy and Arsenal to pay part of his wages for this season too.

If this is true, surely Wenger has lost it? Podolski was directly involved in over 25 goals last season. Crazy to let him go, and on loan too! Mental.

BILD reporting that Lukas Podolski is joining Schalke on loan for the season. Option to buy and Arsenal to pay part of his wages for this season too.

If this is true, surely Wenger has lost it? Podolski was directly involved in over 25 goals last season. Crazy to let him go, and on loan too! Mental.

The only explanation if such a thing would happen... and with the extreme removal of all the deadwood and youngsters we've culled this season, would either be:

a) to offset the massive wages for some unknown 'major signings' we have planned
b) cost cutting measures put in place for whatever reason
c) Arsenal have lost the plot and want to 'achieve' as much as possible with the least amount of money/players

Wenger on The Football Portal for the Premier League and Transfer Rumour Forum - - transfermarkt.co.uk :

"Yes I'm confident that we'll make the signings we need because of the desire of the players to join us," he said.

"There's also the fact that while we maybe don't have as much money as everybody writes, we have some funds available to do transfers.

"We've worked on it very hard but it hasn't come off as quickly and as well as we wanted.

"You'd be surprised how early we acted. In our job you can spend a lot of time, not going on holiday and work on things without it coming off.

"In football you have to deal with any situation and be patient. As long as the window is open, anything can happen until the last minute."

He has lost it or he wants to make just money out of arsenal now.I wanna see what signing he makes so that i understand the meaning of quality !

Back