The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Szczesny's really frustrating to watch......flapping at crosses and rushing out like a lunatic one minute to pulling off world class save the next.....reminds me of Lehmann a bit.

I believe he can become quite good goalkeeper, but should be more consistent and turn that crazy switch off for now and just stick to basics.

I believe he can become quite good goalkeeper, but should be more consistent and turn that crazy switch off for now and just stick to basics.

Still think we could do a lot worse than buy Begovic. Obviously Wenger won't do this, but the amount of stability you get from someone who is as much of a beast as Begovic is at controlling his box would be worth quite a few points.

And lastly, if Podolski has done his hamstring that's quite a loss, he's our one remaining left winger who can also somewhat back up Giroud. I mean Gibbs is already covering left wing, so a winger has to be on the shopping list.

I'm very impressed with Ramsey and Walcott so far though, they've both had 'potential' for a long time, but Walcott is looking much more mature with his play, and Ramsey .... well, Wilshere and Ramsey would be brilliant set of battling CMs with fantastic talent if they keep improving like this. The only downside is sometimes he gets a bit impetuous and should not fly in quite so much, in bigger games you've got to stay on the pitch and not be carded.

Still think we could do a lot worse than buy Begovic. Obviously Wenger won't do this, but the amount of stability you get from someone who is as much of a beast as Begovic is at controlling his box would be worth quite a few points.

And lastly, if Podolski has done his hamstring that's quite a loss, he's our one remaining left winger who can also somewhat back up Giroud. I mean Gibbs is already covering left wing, so a winger has to be on the shopping list.

I'm very impressed with Ramsey and Walcott so far though, they've both had 'potential' for a long time, but Walcott is looking much more mature with his play, and Ramsey .... well, Wilshere and Ramsey would be brilliant set of battling CMs with fantastic talent if they keep improving like this. The only downside is sometimes he gets a bit impetuous and should not fly in quite so much, in bigger games you've got to stay on the pitch and not be carded.

Begovic would get us points by himself, but can't see Wenger paying 12-15m for a goalkeeper.

Podolski injury makes it more crucial to sign new players in fast for the NLD. I hope that Angel Di Maria will be done quickly. Read somewhere that we and Galatasaray have offered Real their asking price already, but we will see what happens.

If anyone from the squad deserves the goals and this current form it's Rambo. Was it Bould or Rice who said Ramsey is the best trainer in the team and has been working really hard for this.

Hard to believe this is the same Ramsey some of our fans gave so much stick to last season.

Mata joining us has been cut to 3/1 at SkySports. His father is watching the Fener game in Directors Box. Though his father's agency has plenty other players on their books, but still...

Mata joining us has been cut to 3/1 at SkySports. His father is watching the Fener game in Directors Box. Though his father's agency has plenty other players on their books, but still...

Wouldn't hold my breath, that'd be a bit of a daft sale from Jose, and he isn't stupid.

Also it seems now we've qualified for the CL group stages, we've done it 16 times in a row now, Utd have done it 17 and Real Madrid 18 times.

Sevilla have confirmed that Geoffrey Kondogbia is to buy-out the remainder of his four-year contract, which has a €20million (£17.2m) release clause. The midfielder is now widely expected to join Monaco. A Sevilla statement read:

Geoffrey Kondogbia is already history at Sevilla FC. The French international has officially informed the club that he will unilaterally rescind his contract.​

I don't understand why most transfers don't end with a player paying off the rest of his contract and his new club paying him whatever it cost. I bet 90% of the time it would be cheaper for the buying club, and it would mean the "selling" club can't say no...

Sevilla have confirmed that Geoffrey Kondogbia is to buy-out the remainder of his four-year contract, which has a €20million (£17.2m) release clause. The midfielder is now widely expected to join Monaco. A Sevilla statement read:

Geoffrey Kondogbia is already history at Sevilla FC. The French international has officially informed the club that he will unilaterally rescind his contract.​

Shame. Would have been good for many prem clubs.

Shame. Would have been good for many prem clubs.

Surely clubs like United and Arsenal have looked at this guy... maybe he just wants Monaco anyway. But for the price he would of been a far better deal for United than Fellaini. (I'm not hating on Fellaini, I actually like him).

Surely clubs like United and Arsenal have looked at this guy... maybe he just wants Monaco anyway. But for the price he would of been a far better deal for United than Fellaini. (I'm not hating on Fellaini, I actually like him).

Yeap in current market wouldn't say 17m is too high for him. I think both Utd and us could sign him over Monaco as we can offer everything that Monaco does ( no tax benefits for french players ) + Premier league & CL football.

YAAY we have re signed flamini! two free transfers ,wenger been busy in this transfer market!

Yeap in current market wouldn't say 17m is too high for him. I think both Utd and us could sign him over Monaco as we can offer everything that Monaco does ( no tax benefits for french players ) + Premier league & CL football.

Fellaini is Belgian. He wouldn't be taxed.

Back