The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
What a world-class signing we've made. Congratulations Wenger, you've totally relieved all the pressure on you.

There is nothing good about Flamini. He had to negotiate a €50,000 pay cut just to avoid Milan releasing him last year (because he's ****). ;)

EDIT: OMG, according to The Independent he signed a two-year £50,000 p/w deal. Seriously?

After Balotelli he was one of the better Milan players for latter part of last season. Also all Milan players took pay cut's because they are broke and have been overpaying players for years in wages.

He's on a 3 year deal closer to 40k from what I've heard.

Really?.. You'd be happy if Arsenal went out and made those three signings?.. Really? :|

Three promising youngsters, one of them a ridiculously talented centre back? Why WOULDN'T he be happy?

There is nothing good about Flamini. He had to negotiate a €50,000 pay cut just to avoid Milan releasing him last year (because he's ****). ;)

No, because Milan gave all of their players ridiculous contracts. He didn't have to take a pay cut 'cause he was bad - he played pretty well last year, if you'd actually watched him - he took one 'cause he had to. They did it to all their players. Flamini was no exception.

Really?.. You'd be happy if Arsenal went out and made those three signings?.. Really? :|

Yep. **** of a lot better than what we have bought so far!

EDIT: OMG, according to The Independent he signed a two-year £50,000 p/w deal. Seriously?

To be fair, we need numbers rather than top quality right now, so I don't think it's a bad signing. Just not one that will make much difference.

And I heard it was a 3 year deal :/

Yep. **** of a lot better than what we have bought so far!

To be fair, we need numbers rather than top quality right now, so I don't think it's a bad signing. Just not one that will make much difference.

And I heard it was a 3 year deal :/

We should wait and see Flamini XD might surprise us XD might XD I hope ozil comes tho...

In group F and we got Marseille from Pot 2. Dortmund from Pot 3 and Napoli from Pot 4.

Pretty hard have to say.

Last edited:
**** me senseless... we`ve got Borussia D.& Napoli + O. Marseille. Mr Wenger : WE NEED QUALITY PLAYERS... AND FAST!

Nah, Barca, AC Milan, Ajax and Celtic.

That group isn't all that bad though, realistically AC Milan and Barca should both win their games against Ajax and Celtic.
Taking nothing away from Celtic/Ajax, remove AC Milan or Barca from that group and it becomes a group most teams would happily accept.

Arsenals on the other hand, you have three teams who could all quite easily win the group along with another who have a very solid chance of getting through if one of the others messes up. Relatively speaking it's a fairly even group with no real stand out team and no real team that's much weaker than the others.

That group isn't all that bad though, realistically AC Milan and Barca should both win their games against Ajax and Celtic.
Taking nothing away from Celtic/Ajax, remove AC Milan or Barca from that group and it becomes a group most teams would happily accept.

Arsenals on the other hand, you have three teams who could all quite easily win the group along with another who have a very solid chance of getting through if one of the others messes up. Relatively speaking it's a fairly even group with no real stand out team and no real team that's much weaker than the others.

Yeap take Barcelona out and they all have realistic chance of getting through. Eventhough stronger than Ajax and Celtic Milan isn't in anyway in a clear about qualifying.

From our group I think it's mainly up to us, Dortmund and Napoli. Marseille though are no pushover either.

Back