The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeap take Barcelona out and they all have realistic chance of getting through. Eventhough stronger than Ajax and Celtic Milan isn't in anyway in a clear about qualifying.

From our group I think it's mainly up to us, Dortmund and Napoli. Marseille though are no pushover either.

Yeah but Barcelona are in the group. If you take us or Dortmund out the group, it's not so tough

Well shall we just support Arsenal instead of talking negatively? XD Doesn't helps right? XD I love Arsenal whether or not they has big transfers XD #Gooner4Life

6 games against high quality competition? We are going to need quality signings asap.

Well shall we just support Arsenal instead of talking negatively? XD Doesn't helps right? XD I love Arsenal whether or not they has big transfers XD #Gooner4Life

Yep exactly we got sanogo nd flamini what more do these fans want these are two great signings and are FREE!

Three promising youngsters, one of them a ridiculously talented centre back? Why WOULDN'T he be happy?

No, because Milan gave all of their players ridiculous contracts. He didn't have to take a pay cut 'cause he was bad - he played pretty well last year, if you'd actually watched him - he took one 'cause he had to. They did it to all their players. Flamini was no exception.

They are good youngsters as far as I'm aware, just thought Arsenal were looking for established players.. IDK.

And he was released, then resigned.. They didn't want him, but weren't going to turn down paying him €25,000 a week, which is probably about what he's worth. He is average at best, and won't add a lot to the squad.

Yep. **** of a lot better than what we have bought so far!

To be fair, we need numbers rather than top quality right now, so I don't think it's a bad signing. Just not one that will make much difference.

And I heard it was a 3 year deal :/

Fair point, I just assumed you were after quality players as that's what you've been chasing so far this transfer window. But I agree they would be great squad players.

Nothing wrong with being positive... Rather than you guys being negative... Just wait till the end of the transfer... We never know what will happen...

I have been one of the most positive Arsenal fans here so far this summer, but even I'm starting to fall into negativity thanks to our summer fuckup which is transfer window. Honestly can't remember when we had good transfer window.

I have been one of the most positive Arsenal fans here so far this summer, but even I'm starting to fall into negativity thanks to our summer fuckup which is transfer window. Honestly can't remember when we had good transfer window.

I have exactly the same feeling, i was hoping it would bea good window with all the money we have, but its just been such a huge disappointment that i find it hard to be positive anymore. Sure arsenal are winning some games now, but what will happen when our key players get injured? Are we supposed to put up bunch of 16 year olds against ManU? And if i know anything about arsenal some players WILL get injured, i mean look at podolski already, what is it, 10 weeks?

if arsenal take.a.dump this year no need to fire wenger, **** just leave on free....wont even get satisfaction of him being fired.

I'm becoming even more convinced that the mantra of Arsenal is to make profit above all else - should that fail, then at least balance the books.

The reason we haven't signed anyone is because we haven't sold anyone this summer (of a significant fee or a key player that would justify replacement).

Depressed Gooner.

I have exactly the same feeling, i was hoping it would bea good window with all the money we have, but its just been such a huge disappointment that i find it hard to be positive anymore. Sure arsenal are winning some games now, but what will happen when our key players get injured? Are we supposed to put up bunch of 16 year olds against ManU? And if i know anything about arsenal some players WILL get injured, i mean look at podolski already, what is it, 10 weeks?

Not only Poldi, but also Ox and Arteta are out for 8-12 weeks I believe.

I'm becoming even more convinced that the mantra of Arsenal is to make profit above all else - should that fail, then at least balance the books.

The reason we haven't signed anyone is because we haven't sold anyone this summer (of a significant fee or a key player that would justify replacement).

Depressed Gooner.

I'm not that depressed to believe this. We sold players for around 10-12m and freed wages around 400-500k p/w which is 19,2-24m p/y so in all 29,2-36m saved at the moment.

Still don't get why we sold Chamakh. He was quality when he was the first choice striker, then as soon as RvP got fit again he lost all confidence. Should of kept him until we had bought a better backup/first choice striker

Still don't get why we sold Chamakh. He was quality when he was the first choice striker, then as soon as RvP got fit again he lost all confidence. Should of kept him until we had bought a better backup/first choice striker

There was also some sort of blackmailing problem for him at that moment. Things really didn't go his way. I have still little faith that we will sign a striker.

Back