The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
That's Chelsea's stance on signing players not Arsenal's lol. Surely it won't fix the problem though? Don't get me wrong Ozil is world class, but not what you need. Surely someone like Fellaini to beef up the midfield for half the fee alleged for Ozil is better in the short and long run?

We need players in attack as well as in defensive midfield role. There are other deals in making also.

Difference is Utd'd defense was not as shot to pieces as Arsenal's can be. I totally understand getting a good player if he is on the market but surely it won't solve anything.

Our defence let fever goals last season compared to Utd's.

Difference is Utd'd defense was not as shot to pieces as Arsenal's can be. I totally understand getting a good player if he is on the market but surely it won't solve anything.

You say that but last year we had the second best defense in the league all we need was a dm to help shut out games. Start of the window i wanted a aml and a quality striker.

Our defence let fever goals last season compared to Utd's.

It's not just the number of goals though is it, its the goals that are actually conceded. And to be fair to Utd they conceded 8 goals once the title was wrapped up including 5 against West Brom so its not something you can really use fairly.

I am just saying i think someone like a Luis Gustavo is needed more than say an Ozil. Not saying you couldn't do with Ozil or questioning why you would sign him because its pretty obvious why you would. I am just saying problems lie elsewhere within the squad not nessecerily at the creative end.

It's not just the number of goals though is it, its the goals that are actually conceded. And to be fair to Utd they conceded 8 goals once the title was wrapped up including 5 against West Brom so its not something you can really use fairly.

Remember lot of our goals were conceded when we sticked with Vermaelen while he was on unbelievably bad form. After we benched him and sticked with Kos and Mert we've been solid.

I don't want us to sign a average player like Santos just because we need player like that. Flamini did really well today and I'd rather try for Bender again in january

I am just saying i think someone like a Luis Gustavo is needed more than say an Ozil. Not saying you couldn't do with Ozil or questioning why you would sign him because its pretty obvious why you would. I am just saying problems lie elsewhere within the squad not nessecerily at the creative end.

We've already missed signing him so no point talking about it. I agree he would have been great signing.

We've already missed signing him so no point talking about it. I agree he would have been great signing.

Oh yeah i know that one is dead in the water but someone like him, when i see Arteta as your most defensive midfielder it doesn't fill me with confidence.

Lampard says what u upto .

I am not denying that mate, but Lamps is usually partnered with Ramires who yes is box to box himself but he does do quite a bit defensively too including getting booked reguarly and sent off lol. We also have Mikel and Essien on the books if need be.

I am not denying that mate, but Lamps is usually partnered with Ramires who yes is box to box himself but he does do quite a bit defensively too including getting booked reguarly and sent off lol. We also have Mikel and Essien on the books if need be.
They have a wilshere who is quite defensive and box to box.You have Mikel and Essien just to stay on books.They will not outplay Flemani i bet.

They have a wilshere who is quite defensive and box to box.You have Mikel and Essien just to stay on books.They will not outplay Flemani i bet.

I doubt they will because we have much more options than yourself. Wilshere, the man made of glass! I absolutely love Wilshere but he is someone i can see retiring at a young age, surely spent more time out injured than fit?

I doubt they will because we have much more options than yourself. Wilshere, the man made of glass! I absolutely love Wilshere but he is someone i can see retiring at a young age, surely spent more time out injured than fit?

Didn't he go off today with a stomach bug?

No idea what he went off with to be honest. But its obvious there is problems with him physically which is a massive shame.

Pretty sure they said it was non-physical, but yeah he's getting overplayed. Hopefully Arsenal can find a way to add an alternative to him, for theirs and England's sake.

Fantastic result, brilliant determination from the defence and the first XI once again performed. Ramsey most touches again, he seems to be filling in well for Arteta very well. Flamini is presumably our "DM signing", hence less than 24 hours to work on three positions, left wing, striker and midfield.

This new keeper I've never heard of, however as long as he's composed that'll do me. Seems Wenger is happy with Flamini as backup RB and Sagna as backup CB unless something remarkable occurs.

I love Viviano

He helped me win my first FM Champions League title.

Well, perhaps if the goalkeeping thing doesn't work out, he could license his name to Dominos, as it sounds like a **** tasty pizza.

Back