The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Apparently Ozil, Di Maria and Abel Hernandez are Wengers targets for 80Million

Apparently Marca are saying Ozil has decided to stay at Madrid. Can't trust them one bit though.

Can't see Ozil happening with PSG and United in on the ride. Best I'm hoping for is Cabaye. Think it's a little late to do the volume of trades we'd need for this window to meet expectations.

Can't see Ozil happening with PSG and United in on the ride. Best I'm hoping for is Cabaye. Think it's a little late to do the volume of trades we'd need for this window to meet expectations.

Utd not in for Özil and Özil not interested in PSG.

Sky are saying Utd have made contact with Ozil's representatives and the odds on him joining them have been slashed as well. Should be an interesting end to the window.

Everyone else is saying otherwise and Utd themselves have denied it. The odds thing is no indicator as we've seen with Suarez and others.

Everyone else is saying otherwise and Utd themselves have denied it. The odds thing is no indicator as we've seen with Suarez and others.

I am a United fan and I don't think he is needed, but a player of that quality you would never begrudge having.

I am a United fan and I don't think he is needed, but a player of that quality you would never begrudge having.

Talked with couple Utd mates who would love to get Özil just because we wouldn't get him, but if it was him or Fellaini&Herrera then F&H.

Talked with couple Utd mates who would love to get Özil just because we wouldn't get him, but if it was him or Fellaini&Herrera then F&H.

I think the Herrera deal is off because United won't pay the extra 6m. It's laughable! #Woody&Moyesy

I think the Herrera deal is off because United won't pay the extra 6m. It's laughable! #Woody&Moyesy

I believe it is not the extra 6 mil issue but the tax issue which will increase the fee greatly if we activate his clause.

I believe it is not the extra 6 mil issue but the tax issue which will increase the fee greatly if we activate his clause.

Doubt it, why would they of bid 30m in the first place, it would happen with that as well.

Just buy ozil when we know he is available + Fellaini looks perfect now.

Ozil reported as having agreed personal terms, undergoing medical. £42,4m fee.

Right, that's the GK done, a world class AMC, now it's on to Cabaye for a reported 12-14m, a defender of some sort and a striker who isn't Bent.

Ozil reported as having agreed personal terms, undergoing medical. £42,4m fee.

Right, that's the GK done, a world class AMC, now it's on to Cabaye for a reported 12-14m, a defender of some sort and a striker who isn't Bent.

Demba Ba is rumoured to be coming in on loan. Dont really think we do need a defender as Vermaelen is already running and should be close to contention after internationals.

Demba Ba is rumoured to be coming in on loan. Dont really think we do need a defender as Vermaelen is already running and should be close to contention after internationals.

Verm was terrible last season mind you, though perhaps considering his wage we could just stick with him. Personally would have preferred Sakho in that strong and quick mould. Ba prob a decent signing if we get him on loan as it takes the pressure off Sanogo, though I do think Cabaye is v important to complete considering the need to have competent midfielders behind our rather impressive front four of Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and Giroud.

Verm was terrible last season mind you, though perhaps considering his wage we could just stick with him. Personally would have preferred Sakho in that strong and quick mould. Ba prob a decent signing if we get him on loan as it takes the pressure off Sanogo, though I do think Cabaye is v important to complete considering the need to have competent midfielders behind our rather impressive front four of Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and Giroud.

I really believe ( and hope ) Vermaelens form was a blip. He has never been the best defender, but good player still. Also everyone who has watched us has seen that Sagna has actually been really really solid central defender. For me he's much better at this point as CB than as RB so if we are signing defender hopefully a RB... I'd like Cabaye for sole purpose not to overplay Wilshere.

Also Özil fee & personal terms agreed and having medical according to several sources.

I really believe ( and hope ) Vermaelens form was a blip. He has never been the best defender, but good player still. Also everyone who has watched us has seen that Sagna has actually been really really solid central defender. For me he's much better at this point as CB than as RB so if we are signing defender hopefully a RB... I'd like Cabaye for sole purpose not to overplay Wilshere.

Also Özil fee & personal terms agreed and having medical according to several sources.

Agree, plus he's technical and is creative alongside having decent strength, a real all rounder. Definitely Sagna looked decent but we arnt talking about against top sides yet. Verm has to step it up though, use his head when playing.

Back