The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You say that like he wouldn't have left anyway - when Barcelona come calling, no-one in their right mind rejects them, least of all Song (and Wenger, for that matter). Even if he had had a great attitude in pre-season, he'd still have left for Bar?a sooner or later. That's not insulting Arsenal as a club, practically any player would move to Barcelona if they had the chance, especially back then, when they were still undoubtedly the best club in Europe.

At the start of the summer when he left, Barca made a bid for him and he said he didn't want to go. Then Wenger told him he had to. Same thing happened with RvP. Although he wanted to leave at the end of the season, he was considering staying for the rest of his contract after we signed Cazorla, Pod and Giroud; but Wenger felt he had disrespected him when he questioned the clubs ambition, etc etc.

At the start of the summer when he left, Barca made a bid for him and he said he didn't want to go. Then Wenger told him he had to. Same thing happened with RvP. Although he wanted to leave at the end of the season, he was considering staying for the rest of his contract after we signed Cazorla, Pod and Giroud; but Wenger felt he had disrespected him when he questioned the clubs ambition, etc etc.
Are you sure about this? I'm not questioning you, it's just that it sounds a lot like bullshit to be honest...

Are you sure about this? I'm not questioning you, it's just that it sounds a lot like bullshit to be honest...

That's what I thought, but I heard it from several reliable places (Can't actually remember where as it was over a year ago)

I am 100% sure about Alex Song saying he wanted to say though, as he said it in a press conference.

On an unrelated note, England are going to get torn apart by ?zil on Tuesday. And obviously G?tze and Reus, if they play. I can honestly say that if I even bother watching the game, I'm going to be an honorary German for one night.

On an unrelated note, England are going to get torn apart by ?zil on Tuesday. And obviously G?tze and Reus, if they play. I can honestly say that if I even bother watching the game, I'm going to be an honorary German for one night.

Ozil's out of that game, as are Lahm and Neuer as confirmed by Low himself. He's gonna rotate his side.

Didn't Arsenal fans say the same thing about Ozil and United?

Didn't Arsenal fans say the same thing about Ozil and United?

Nope, unless you're counting the idiots on twitter? Ozil has been pretty quiet in comparison to other players so far this season.

Just to clear it up, supposedly Wenger wanted Song to commit to the club, Song demurred, and it ended up with Wenger deciding he was not sufficiently committed, and he ended up seeing what price he could get for him. He just had a fantastic season and his price would not have been higher (think he was 23 at the time), so he ended up going for 15m and ending up with putting his trust in Denilson/Coquelin/Arteta moved to DM - which was arguably when the wheels fell off as the whole balance of the side shifted since Song was a competent player despite being a bit of a gung-ho DM.

Oh, and from the FC Barcelona facebook Q&A:

heoxvRL.jpg

Fabregas will always be a gooner. Ozil has the most assists this season don't he?

Probably. He's practically the king of assists, shame he doesn't score more though.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

He topped the assists chart in the league after his 2nd game (Against Stoke)

He's currently level with 6 other players (3 of which play for Arsenal, no other team has more than one) on 4 assists.

He topped the assists chart in the league after his 2nd game (Against Stoke)

He's currently level with 6 other players (3 of which play for Arsenal, no other team has more than one) on 4 assists.
Is Stevie G one of the six?

who are defenders at southhampton and the big dark fella in dmf? wanyama is he why southampton have concededd least goals this season? and the rest defence must be good too! cant find a southampton thread! (A)

Poor performance masked by a bit of comedy from Boruc and a soft penalty. Although the ref was awful all game, apart from the pen his decisions all seemed to go against us.

Started off really well, pinging it about like we were against Norwich. But after the 1st goal we seemed to back off a bit. They never really threatened us, but neither did we threaten them too much.

I thought Cazorla was poor today. Really quiet and misplaced a few easy passes. Ozil was also quiet again for the majority of the game.

Back