The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Well, City were beaten pre season, but they are on great form and outstanding at home. Toure and Aguero will cause problems.. I think to get something from that or Chelsea would be remarkable.
Both City and Chelsea have lacked the consistency of this-season's Arsenal, though - they've either been absolutely brilliant; or have flopped.

Yup, that is the one thing which would give Arsenal a good opening, the other side not turning up properly, and the solidity of the defence. City and Chelsea both conceded two tonight, so you can draw something from that, but they will certainly be massive games regardless.

Solid win tonight and it was good to see Jenkinson have a good game. Just watched motd and my god was saurez good anyone else hoping wenger still has a spare 50 mil for january?

Solid win tonight and it was good to see Jenkinson have a good game. Just watched motd and my god was saurez good anyone else hoping wenger still has a spare 50 mil for january?

He has spare 100 mil I think. :D But I think Pool won't sell for 50m unless he goes on to strike.

Ozil's movement was fantastic. And, obviously it was a brilliant reverse pass by Rambo. He really does seem to have gotten over his injury and is settling down and enjoying his football. Now, it's been mentioned by pundits and critics and I'm inclined to agree, we just need Jack to mentally overcome HIS injuries. Yes, when he's fit he does bring something extra to the team, but there's always that worry among fans, and I think he feels it, that every time he goes in for a tackle or someone's hacking away at him because he's such a technical player that it's going to bring the next injury.

Ozil's movement was fantastic. And, obviously it was a brilliant reverse pass by Rambo. He really does seem to have gotten over his injury and is settling down and enjoying his football. Now, it's been mentioned by pundits and critics and I'm inclined to agree, we just need Jack to mentally overcome HIS injuries. Yes, when he's fit he does bring something extra to the team, but there's always that worry among fans, and I think he feels it, that every time he goes in for a tackle or someone's hacking away at him because he's such a technical player that it's going to bring the next injury.

It looks like Rambo and ?zil have build up great understanding already. I think they've assisted each other 5 or 6 times already and quite many "pre assists" also.

For me Wilshere has never been as mentally down as Ramsey was and is already well on his way back. He was bit rusty for time, but I think Wenger's decision to move him up the field for now was a great move.

What makes it a good appointment?

Personally, I doubt he will bring anything to the board, apart from obviously having the direct ear of the owner (and vice versa)

At least brings the age down. Not another old fossil...

Also he has had some success managing his fathers sporting franchises in US. Turned Colorado Avalanche around completely. All hear say though as I don't follow NHL, MLS or other stuff from there, but my friend said he has done quite well.

Still not sure about those lot. Brought the club what 5 years ago? and still yet to hear him talk about his actual ambitions for the club. Obviously we are doing well at the moment but I think that's a lot more to do with Wenger then them.

Well at least Stan made that 42,5mil available to Wenger. Some progress at least. Also they've done decently in getting sponsorships etc.

Seen rumours we're interested in William Carvalho, but I think the price Lisbon are asking is ?12.5 million. Seems a bit steep for an as yet unproven youngster.

12.5m on a youngster.. well, we did blow that sort of money on Oxlade-Chamberlain when he was 18, so it isn't as if Wenger doesn't like to invest in kids, but perhaps he realises how important influence and experience would be at this point, so I'm expecting either a 'battler' loanee, or a top signing.

Seen rumours we're interested in William Carvalho, but I think the price Lisbon are asking is ?12.5 million. Seems a bit steep for an as yet unproven youngster.

He has been battled for since he has been 13. Lots of clubs interested main among them United. Touted as the next Vieira. RC of 45m

Back