The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
City won once, and United pretty much dominated before that. Anyway, I agree with Juve's squad being better, but I'd still say United probably looked more tempting to him for success reasons.

Yeah couple seasons before that. Was it 06 onwards when they won it 3 times in row, but not so much in recent years.

I think he believed that Utd would spend money and improve and continue to perform under SAF. Although it doesn't take genious to know SAF's age and likeliness of retirement I think noone thought it would come this "soon".

Although we've been out-passed, it was encouraging to see us create a couple of openings, kudos to Howard for making himself look big for both the Giroud and Ramsey chances. Ozil looks most likely to unlock them.

Everton were great for 35minutes, but failed to create chances. After that Howard kept them in the game. They looked bit tired for last 10 minutes as their pressing dropped a lot.

Also drawn Spurs at F.A Cup 3rd round.

Everton were great for 35minutes, but failed to create chances. After that Howard kept them in the game. They looked bit tired for last 10 minutes as their pressing dropped a lot.

Also drawn Spurs at F.A Cup 3rd round.

No luck at all with the draw. Not moaning about it but it certainly makes it tougher for us. Always makes for a cracking tie though.

Hmm, Cazorla poor all game so far, he's been giving Gibbs a horrid time doing it all himself. I'd say Rosicky and Flamini are needed for this as Flamini moves the ball incredibly well and Arteta looks like he's overcooking his passes out of defence.

As I say that.. looks like Rosicky, Walcott and Flamini are all coming on.

I'm guessing Cazorla, Arteta and Ramsey coming off.

Well, the usual ***** say he's **** because he doesn't bang 4 in against Norwich every week. But he has been lively, linked a lot together, and he hasn't been helped by Ramsey being off form all game and giving him nothing but poor passes.

Great vision by Rosicky.
And great game by Gibbs i think, don't know why we don't attack down the left more often.

Last edited:
Gibbs consistently has great games tbh, he tends to fall over a lot mind you. But overall he offers so much, and has had to be good against Coleman today.

Subs were massive though, funny how Moyes says he won't sub RVP because he is worried about what people say, whereas Wenger takes off Ramsey.

Oh, and got to take your hats off to Deulofeu for such a goal, I don't think the keeper saw the 'lift' as he was unsighted by his own player, but what a finish.

Well didn't manage to win, but 5 point lead is still better than 4 point lead.

Impressed with the team, great character, the goal was probably fair given how well Everton play. You can only beat what is in front of you, and I'm sure Everton will be causing problems for a lot of sides with the amount of grit and quality they had.

Bit of a shame we didn't start with Flamini as I thought Arteta was poor overall.

Oh, and dare I say it, Walcott back?:) Created about three chances in the time he was on and his pace is crucial.

Impressed with the team, great character, the goal was probably fair given how well Everton play. You can only beat what is in front of you, and I'm sure Everton will be causing problems for a lot of sides with the amount of grit and quality they had.

Bit of a shame we didn't start with Flamini as I thought Arteta was poor overall.

Oh, and dare I say it, Walcott back?:) Created about three chances in the time he was on and his pace is crucial.

Agree, Arteta was disappointing especially at the start

Back