The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Oh and also the attendance at the Emirates was 60,000.......and 1! :D

Would've been and 3 if my mates car hadn't broken down :'(

Arteta was awful today. He always slows the game down, sometimes thats a good thing but today we need quick passes forward. Ramsey should of been kept on instead of Arteta, and next game I'd like to see Flamini, Rosicky and Walcott start (For Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere)

Would've been and 3 if my mates car hadn't broken down :'(

Arteta was awful today. He always slows the game down, sometimes thats a good thing but today we need quick passes forward. Ramsey should of been kept on instead of Arteta, and next game I'd like to see Flamini, Rosicky and Walcott start (For Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere)

I thought Ramsey got slight knock or something and Wenger decided to take him off cos of it.

On the game, Cazorla was poor again today. He's looked substandard ever since the Liverpool game. Also, its to hard to deny it but Flamini is absolutely massive overall for us. He's by far one of our most passionate and vocal players.

santi is off form and.hasnt had much of a chance to regain. **** come around.

fair result today.

On the game, Cazorla was poor again today. He's looked substandard ever since the Liverpool game. Also, its to hard to deny it but Flamini is absolutely massive overall for us. He's by far one of our most passionate and vocal players.

He sprinted 50 yards, shouted at everyone else to chase the ball, and plays the ball much more quickly to attackers. His passing range is limited, but it is almost as if this quickens up his decision making and he gets people into space more quickly. Considering Arteta was in the 'Carrick role' today, his passing was really off, and he was well pressured. I'd say if we intend to do this in the future against good sides then having Ramsey and Cazorla off form really hurt.

I'd personally drop Cazorla, get Rosicky back in the team, as he has energy and good feet, and is one of those players who hates to lose and will run all game to get something out of it. Wilshere did a great job defensively against Jenkinson, so perhaps he can do a job with Gibbs behind him, since the overload from Kolarov/Zabaleta will be very similar to Everton, except with more technically gifted strikers.

Before City there's small matter of Napoli. Their defence has been awful at times in Serie A so far. Hamsik might miss the game also which is a bonus. They will attack from the go, which might play to our hands.

Personally would go with Flamini - Arteta pairing in the middle to protect the back four and Walcott on the right. Rest both Ramsey and Oezil for this one. Especially Ramsey looked tired against Everton.

It really sucks that we're playing City at lunch time on Saturday. The Premier League should've done us the favor of scheduling it on Sunday. Also it sucks that we haven't qualified despite getting 12 points. In most normal cases, we'd be done with the UCL by now and we could've rested a whole host of first team players for the City game. Ah well, gotta make do with what we've got.....bring on Napoli. :)

Personally would go with Flamini - Arteta pairing in the middle to protect the back four and Walcott on the right. Rest both Ramsey and Oezil for this one. Especially Ramsey looked tired against Everton.

I'd rather see Flamini and Wilshere deep, with Rosicky, Cazorla and Walcott in front of them. Arteta is useless when it comes to counter-attacking, but is great when we want to keep possession

sucks that we haven't qualified despite getting 12 points. In most normal cases, we'd be done with the UCL by now and we could've rested a whole host of first team players for the City game. Ah well, gotta make do with what we've got.....bring on Napoli. :)

We have realistically qualified (As long as we dont lose 3-0), but obviously we need to get top spot.

I'd rather see Flamini and Wilshere deep, with Rosicky, Cazorla and Walcott in front of them. Arteta is useless when it comes to counter-attacking, but is great when we want to keep possession

Wilshere could do the job yes, but Arteta was great last time we played Napoli and he's better defensively.

We have realistically qualified (As long as we dont lose 3-0), but obviously we need to get top spot.

Dortmund are having serious injury problems so I could see Marseille winning that one. Still I think we can beat Napoli or at least draw.

Rumours going around Sagna will sign extension. Also one readied for Rosicky which is great.

Sanabria going from Barca eventhough they are doing everything to make him stay. Us or Roma look the likely destination.

Draxler losing faith with Schalke and doesn't have the best relations with the manager. By the looks of it trying to force a move. Maybe try and sign him in january especially if Schalke fail to go through from their CL group. Some people have toyed with idea of turning him into a striker. Wenger has done it before.

Also read on weekend there's Championship clubs interested in loaning Ryo. Blackpool and Derby linked.

Wilshere could do the job yes, but Arteta was great last time we played Napoli and he's better defensively.

Dortmund are having serious injury problems so I could see Marseille winning that one. Still I think we can beat Napoli or at least draw.
Is the injury problems the reason they lost to Leverkusen over the weekend? If so, then yeah, I doubt you'll lose top spot in the group.

Can't see Draxler ever making it as a striker, apart from perhaps as a false 9 in a less physical league such as Spain. I'd still love to see us sign him though! (Although Huntelaar could be a better short-term option considering we are in desperate need of a striker)

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

Rafael, Maggio, Fernandez, Albiol, Armero; Behrami, Dzemaili; Callejon,Pandev, Mertens; Higuain

Surprised that Ozil's starting tbh.

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

Rafael, Maggio, Fernandez, Albiol, Armero; Behrami, Dzemaili; Callejon,Pandev, Mertens; Higuain

Surprised that Ozil's starting tbh.

Yeah expected Walcott to start in his stead with Rozza on the middle. Good that we are resting Rambo as he's needed against City. Still strong bench and I'm confident.

Pleased that Rosicky and Flamini are starting, but I also wanted to see Arteta and Ozil rested, and Vermaelen in

Back