The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Marseille have a man sent off for a bullshit decision, so we can probs expect a Dortmund win. When Napoli see the result at half time perhaps the wind might be out of their sales.

Lots of interruptions in this game. Very stifled in midfield.

Koscielny with the clip up in front of the striker, flick over the winger and gets it down before starting the counter.

Get the lad up front

gRaH9KT.gif

Napoli players have been getting away with loads worse/as bad as either of Arteta's fouls. Ref has been **** all game, but not helped by diving Napoli players

So let me get this straight: if Arsenal don't lose by more than two goals, then they're through but not necessarily as group winners, right? How do they qualify as top of the group? Do they have to match Dortmund's result or something?

So let me get this straight: if Arsenal don't lose by more than two goals, then they're through but not necessarily as group winners, right? How do they qualify as top of the group? Do they have to match Dortmund's result or something?

Napoli need to win by 3 goals not 2.

If we don't lose by three goals to Napoli, we'll finish ahead of them in regardless of the Dortmund result, if we do lose by three and Dortmund win, then Dortmund win the group and Napoli finish second, if we lose by three and Dortmund don't win then Napoli finish top and we finish second. Oh and if we don't lose by three to Napoli (but lose nonetheless) and Dortmund win then they finish top and we finish second. Pretty complicated lol.

As long as we don't lose by 3, we're through. A point would be enough to top the group regardless of Dortmunds result. If Dortmund fail to win then we top the group (Basically Dortmund have to win, and we have to lose for Dortmund to win the group)

We qualify at top by drawing or winning or if dortmund draw then if we don't lose by 3 goals.

Napoli need to win by 3 goals if Dortmund win to go through.

Napoli need to win by 3 goals not 2.
I said more than two goals, I knew it was three goals, I just wasn't sure about what Arsenal had to do to win the group.

Cheers for the explanations guys, it's one **** of a tight group! To be honest, if Arsenal qualify from this group, no matter from which spot, it could be seen as a big achievement - Dortmund and Napoli are both top sides who should really be making the knockout stages; and Marseille are hardly terrible, either.

Got to say that Napoli deserve it, by far the better team. Another game where we have failed to really impose ourself. That's 6 of the past 9 matches where we haven't deserved to win (IMO). Need to sort it out before we start to suffer.

Oh and Dortmund have just scored, meaning we're now 2nd.

Back