The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Can't we just refuse to allow Mike Dean to ref a match against us or something? If that isn't a red - never mind the other two - then nothing should ever be given as a red.

Then he has the nerve to book Rosicky for that?! Yet again, Dean has proved he is a disgrace

Last edited:
Was Wenger asleep during that match? Where were the subs to try change the game?

on not making substitutions?
Because I had plenty of offensive players on the pitch and we were in the need to attack. I had Walcott, I had Ramsey, I had Ozil, I had Giroud, I had Rosicky, and because we didn't play for nine days none of them looked really jaded. That's why? I felt we had the balance defensively and we had four or five offensive players on the pitch, let's continue to do that. And we had the chances, of course. When you don't score you don't score.

on not making substitutions?
Because I had plenty of offensive players on the pitch and we were in the need to attack. I had Walcott, I had Ramsey, I had Ozil, I had Giroud, I had Rosicky, and because we didn't play for nine days none of them looked really jaded. That's why? I felt we had the balance defensively and we had four or five offensive players on the pitch, let's continue to do that. And we had the chances, of course. When you don't score you don't score.

What utter bull. Just because you have attacking players on the pitch, doesn't mean you can't take them off. Giroud was doing nothing, neither was Ramsey. I would of loved to of seen Podolski given a chance, even though he won't be match fit. Those longshots of his can create a goal out of nothing

What utter bull. Just because you have attacking players on the pitch, doesn't mean you can't take them off. Giroud was doing nothing, neither was Ramsey. I would of loved to of seen Podolski given a chance, even though he won't be match fit. Those longshots of his can create a goal out of nothing

Have to agree with you here mate, Arsenal have 2 tough away games coming up and giving no of his main starters a little rest could come back to bite them in the behind.

Was Wenger asleep during that match? Where were the subs to try change the game?
Yup, you're right. We can't keep wasting points. If we got one point from chelsea at home, then what are we gonna do at Stamford Bridge?
We need to improve our attack, Buy a player that could actually finish a chance because Giroud is not that clinical finisher. And I hate hearing those transfer rumors about arsenal buying yet another midfielder. We just don't need it.

Last edited:
Could be easily 3-0 by now, Giroud missed a couple and Walcott one, but the side seems to be playing well.

Awkward..

Really? This is typical Arsenal, dominate a game, fail to stick chances away then get caught on the counter. They still seem to be doing well mind you, just appear to be getting frustrated when it comes to sticking chances away and seem to want a six yard box tap in.

Really? This is typical Arsenal, dominate a game, fail to stick chances away then get caught on the counter. They still seem to be doing well mind you, just appear to be getting frustrated when it comes to sticking chances away and seem to want a six yard box tap in.
That's what I mean.. awkward how bad habits don't just go away. No wind up or anything.. anyway, cracking game, could've been 3-3 so far.

At least Walcott finished, honestly this is a problem with Giroud, it wouldnt be if we had a striker who could come on when Giroud is out of form, but we dont so these games against CHE and MC end up with just wasted chances

Giroud just seems knackered tbh, he seems to be sharper. Podolski up front may be a better natural finisher even if he does stifle as Giroud seems almost collapsing as he makes his runs most games

Weelllll... it`s 3-1 , nice. This is what happens when you play Cazorla in the middle of the park and Poldi behind Giroud. This was the change that won the game for us, nice.

Spurs draw with West brom, looks like they are in positive spiral of negative results

This shows Wenger that a sub could have changed the game against Chelski.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I've not seen any of the football yet, but glad Podolski finally got his chance, and by the sound if it changed the game. As I've been saying, Poldi excellent crossing and long shots were key to our side last year, and think Rosicky/Ramsey or Wilshere should be dropped for him

I've not seen any of the football yet, but glad Podolski finally got his chance, and by the sound if it changed the game. As I've been saying, Poldi excellent crossing and long shots were key to our side last year, and think Rosicky/Ramsey or Wilshere should be dropped for him
Wilshere should be dropped for him if anyone; not Rosick?/Ramsey (both of whom have been good this season).

Giroud simply can't handle low crosses...there is at least one a game that he should get on the end of and at least put on target but doesn't. Most games it's 3.

a sliding tap in or just putting his foot in the way is all that is needed. Is he not brave enough to stick his leg out with all those defenders around? He is brave enough in the air.

As for Podolski...he wouldn't survive as CF in our tactic. We saw it at times last year...he simply isn't physical enough and will completely disappear if he plays up front by himself. He does best coming off wing or from a second striker position like today. This allows him to take on one defender (instead of 2 or even 3) and gives him space to make runs and fire 16-20 yard strikes (like his goal today). I really love his ability to strike the ball with power when the ball is right underneath him and he is unable to get full stride and striking mechanics.

Cazorla seems to be finding his form...his passing was heads and shoulders better and his strikes were very close compared to the ones he sailed earlier this year.

I personally don't see any reason not to play Podolski on the left (given fitness) from here on out. Cazorla/ozil/rosicky won't cut it (even though they have managed for most of our 1st place run), I really don't have a desire to see one of our CMs playing a winger position. Keep Theo/ozil rotation on right and santi/ozil rotation at attacking mid. two deeper CMs can be swapped for whatever fits the matchup best.

Back