The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Im not too worried about him, we have players who can also provide creativity while hes off form. What i am worried about is Giroud, he scored today yes but come on it was the faintest of touches and I think it would go in even without it. We need somebody else but Giroud, not to replace him even but just to challange him for the spot because right now he'll play in most matches anyway while being off form. Look what happened to Szc when he was benched, competition for places is GOOD

Supposedly Bendtner looked alright today mind you, but I do agree with you, need to drop some money in January, pick up a ?25m+ striker (lets be fair we need one anyway).

Supposedly Bendtner looked alright today mind you, but I do agree with you, need to drop some money in January, pick up a ?25m+ striker (lets be fair we need one anyway).

Hearing that we're looking at Morata on loan, I'd be happy with that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

To be fair, I know it's a long shot considering he's found his form again since the departure of Higua?n and is having an amazing season, but I have my heart set on Benzema. But, as I said, it's a very long shot, and the only chance we might have had of nabbing him is if Madrid got Su?rez, but since he's signed a new contract and is the league's top scorer that looks like an even longer shot than our chances of getting Benzema.

To be fair, I know it's a long shot considering he's found his form again since the departure of Higua?n and is having an amazing season, but I have my heart set on Benzema. But, as I said, it's a very long shot, and the only chance we might have had of nabbing him is if Madrid got Su?rez, but since he's signed a new contract and is the league's top scorer that looks like an even longer shot than our chances of getting Benzema.

Translation: No chance of getting Benzema.

To be honest I dont think benzema would fit in at arsenal at all, on the other hand morata looks good he?s got some talent. But I woulndt rule out Bendtner of contention I think he is massively underrated compared to other players on the BPL. I kno he had struggled to find form but there?s a reason why Wenger bought it in the first place, he?s proven himself on the Denmark squad and he could be a good option for the attack. He lacks consistency thats all.

In theory, what signings, if any, do you guys want to see/think should be made in January.

We need a proper RB backup and a striker. Everything else is decently covered.

Some worrying issues from today's game:

Vermaelen and Monreal are both ill, Gibbs has done his hamstrings, Ozil his shoulder and Ramsey his thighs from the previous game. Chamberlain is at least meant to be back within a week, but the those guys are all influential first teamers or backups, so the bench will be looking a little rough. Bendtner, step it up!

The problem you're going to have is that Chelsea are also looking for a striker in this window. If player like Benzema was to become available, you'd have to compete with them.

The problem you're going to have is that Chelsea are also looking for a striker in this window. If player like Benzema was to become available, you'd have to compete with them.

Absolutely, which is why a top class player is just a pipe dream and won't happen. I would imagine the best chance we'd have would be one of the Germany strikers when we can use agents Per and Mesut to try and get some positive love going on. I'd imagine Wenger would go for a loan option and try to involve Bendtner more, because whatever you can say about Bendtner's arrogance, he does fit that 'hold up striker' mould and we are paying the guy anyway.

More to the point, even if it were to happen, City could hijack the deal to avoid the chance of ceding a good player to a competitor, much the same for Chelsea, except they actually need the player in question

Absolutely, which is why a top class player is just a pipe dream and won't happen. I would imagine the best chance we'd have would be one of the Germany strikers when we can use agents Per and Mesut to try and get some positive love going on. I'd imagine Wenger would go for a loan option and try to involve Bendtner more, because whatever you can say about Bendtner's arrogance, he does fit that 'hold up striker' mould and we are paying the guy anyway.

More to the point, even if it were to happen, City could hijack the deal to avoid the chance of ceding a good player to a competitor, much the same for Chelsea, except they actually need the player in question

I think many people would agree that Bendtner is even more talented then Giroud except the diffrences is how much of a shift they put in. Even with B52 starts performing better Im pretty sure hes already gone anyway, my bet is that hes doing better now just to find a new team and I think Wenger is very aware so he will be sold the second we dont need him

Some interesting match ups coming, especially looking at City's away games.
BcrD-AfCUAEwSOG.jpg

Jesus, most of our midfield is out/doubtful? And it looks like we've got no chance but to call on Bendtner again.

Hmm, so we have no left back, no backup left back, and our third choice left back is also out... also our number 10, our backup number 10, and our third choice number 10 is also out. Fun. We keep saying this, but a lot of the injury crisis stuff seems to come from over training at Arsenal, and I absolutely wish we'd kick Gary Lewin out since it seems to not be changing.

Considering Ozil, Ramsey, Gibbs, Giroud, Monreal, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott would basically drop into most sides first XI, that's seven of our typical starters out now.

Hmm, so we have no left back, no backup left back, and our third choice left back is also out... also our number 10, our backup number 10, and our third choice number 10 is also out. Fun. We keep saying this, but a lot of the injury crisis stuff seems to come from over training at Arsenal, and I absolutely wish we'd kick Gary Lewin out since it seems to not be changing.

Considering Ozil, Ramsey, Gibbs, Giroud, Monreal, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott would basically drop into most sides first XI, that's seven of our typical starters out now.

I was about to edit my post to address the fact that I dread to think who'll be playing left back with Gibbs, Monreal and Vermaelen out.

Back