The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Thinking about it, it'll go something like this:

JPAhW5K.png
That's still a good team! If you get a striker in in January, then you're pretty much set for the season. As long as there's no injury crisis, of course.

Well, it looks good on paper, but...
Right flank is inexperienced, Sagna is not natural LB, Cazorla is out of form, Podolski is coming back from 4 month injury and I don't think he will play full match, Bendtner is just Bendtner and I think Arteta is out of form, last few matches from him were not very good.
However, some players are just doubtful, this is from Arsenalyouth site:
In addition, Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal could miss out through illness, whilst Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky are also doubtful. Vermaelen and Walcott did, however, make it through the training session unscathed, suggesting that they could be involved in some capacity tomorrow.

I presume it's a creativity thing, wanting Cazorla drifting in and pulling people around to give Gibbs the overlap.

The way the match turned out though, Cazorla really hasn't found any form this year beyond a good couple of games. I don't know if he's trying to hard, but he seems to struggle to 'spot' the movement ahead of him and find the pass.

I think the problem with Cazorla is (And I might be repeating myself here, can't remember if I wrote it earlier, so sorry if I am) he works better when we have a fairly rigid midfield, with not much roaming for position. He seems to play much better when the rest of the team is like that, but he is allowed to roam where he wants from the left-wing. Whereas at the moment, with all the midfielders swapping, he struggles to assert himself on the match.

Thank your lucky stars it's only Cardiff, you lot are probably going to spank them anyways

Thank your lucky stars it's only Cardiff, you lot are probably going to spank them anyways

Cardiff are a good team defensively, and would be happy with the draw. A combination which can be very frustrating, as they will probably just stick 10 men behind the ball all game. But we should still be getting the 3 points.

Think the only weak point in our lineup is Poldi as a striker. Think it'd of been better to put Santi on the left, Podolski on the right and Theo as a striker tbh.

Pretty much a cast iron penalty "not seen" with a swiped leg taking down Wilshere. It seems the refs are bottling a lot of calls in the box at the moment.

Almost guaranteed to move Podolski left wing, Cazorla right and put Walcott in the middle after the half. Podolski looks extremely nervous, takes two or three touches, stalls attacks and seems to be pulling too deep. Obviously he's not played that role much, and Wenger might give him a bit more time to adapt, but it's hard to see much in the way of positive outcomes with this formation.

We're just way too defensive with both Arteta and Flamini starting. Need some penetration besides trying to put Walcott in at every attempt.

Cazorla and Jack looking bright with Podolski invisible, anybody agree?

Agree, just want to add Theo wasting chances. I'd like to see Gnabry involved.

Yes pod needs to go left wing jack should play next to flamini and put cazorla in the middle and we need to bring bendtner on (never thought id say that lol) but he has more of a presence than pod

King/Samurai Bendtner has laid down his own health on the line for the goal, we are not worthy

King/Samurai Bendtner has laid down his own health on the line for the goal, we are not worthy

Never use the K word with reference to Bendtner. I can tolerate Samurai though.

70% possession, 12 corners, 13 free kicks, 31 shots and 2 goals today, yet entirely frustrating in attack.

Jack and Santi were delightful today, with podoslki probably the worst, its like he was afraid of the ball and whenever he got it he kept coming in deep and then distributing it to others

So, improvement from Wilshere and Cazorla, finally finding some form! I can't wait to see Ozil having a proper pre-season with us next year and properly integrating rather than forcing everyone else to have to re-jig it around.

Bendtner seems to have sprained his ankle today, so he'll be out for a month now. Surely with both Giroud and Bendtner out something has to happen.

Great result by the lads, Podolski was awful tough. Bendtner showed today why he is a Premier League worthy player not just because of he goal, his movement both on and off the ball was very good. He?s been massively underrated taking into account that he played almost nothing this season and he gave arsenal two key goals. Bit of a letdown that he got injured.
Does anyone know how long giroud will be out for? Is sanogo fit? I highly doubt specially after bendtner?s performance that Wenger will try to buy someone on january and I kind of like it, I mean, lets not panic buy this window. If we are to become champions we must do it the Arsenal way. I would like to see Yaya Sanogo play at least as a sub he proved to be a good striker back there in france. To add on from what Giroud said to the press I dont think a striker will help the team as a unit specially regarding the locker room situation, Olivier is currently enjoying his form and his position on the squad, Bentdner is happy to be a sub, and both Walcott and Podolski are there.
Anyways a propper Right Back or a top class Ball Winning Midfielder could help since Flamini is the only defensive minded midfielder. Arteta as much as a I like him hasnt been top form this season specially defensive wise.

Back