The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Great result by the lads, Podolski was awful tough. Bendtner showed today why he is a Premier League worthy player not just because of he goal, his movement both on and off the ball was very good. He?s been massively underrated taking into account that he played almost nothing this season and he gave arsenal two key goals. Bit of a letdown that he got injured.
Does anyone know how long giroud will be out for? Is sanogo fit? I highly doubt specially after bendtner?s performance that Wenger will try to buy someone on january and I kind of like it, I mean, lets not panic buy this window. If we are to become champions we must do it the Arsenal way. I would like to see Yaya Sanogo play at least as a sub he proved to be a good striker back there in france. To add on from what Giroud said to the press I dont think a striker will help the team as a unit specially regarding the locker room situation, Olivier is currently enjoying his form and his position on the squad, Bentdner is happy to be a sub, and both Walcott and Podolski are there.
Anyways a propper Right Back or a top class Ball Winning Midfielder could help since Flamini is the only defensive minded midfielder. Arteta as much as a I like him hasnt been top form this season specially defensive wise.
Was signing ?zil for ?42.5 million 'The Arsenal Way'? Give over, yes, you shouldn't panic buy, but not because it's 'The Arsenal Way'. Having said that, someone like Luis Muriel could benefit the side in the second half of the season, if he were to be signed.

Great result by the lads, Podolski was awful tough. Bendtner showed today why he is a Premier League worthy player not just because of he goal, his movement both on and off the ball was very good. He?s been massively underrated taking into account that he played almost nothing this season and he gave arsenal two key goals. Bit of a letdown that he got injured.

I think most people recognise that he has alot of talent, it's just his attitude (especially his ego and workrate) completely let him down.

Does anyone know how long giroud will be out for? Is sanogo fit? I highly doubt specially after bendtner?s performance that Wenger will try to buy someone on january and I kind of like it, I mean, lets not panic buy this window. If we are to become champions we must do it the Arsenal way. I would like to see Yaya Sanogo play at least as a sub he proved to be a good striker back there in france. To add on from what Giroud said to the press I dont think a striker will help the team as a unit specially regarding the locker room situation, Olivier is currently enjoying his form and his position on the squad, Bentdner is happy to be a sub, and both Walcott and Podolski are there.
Anyways a propper Right Back or a top class Ball Winning Midfielder could help since Flamini is the only defensive minded midfielder. Arteta as much as a I like him hasnt been top form this season specially defensive wise.

Sanago is too injury prone to rely on him, even as 3rd choice backup. Bendtner's contracts up at the end of the season, and as soon as we no longer need to rely on him, I think he will be sold or released. Not sure what Giroud you've been watching, but at the moment he has been anything but enjoying his form.

And not spending money is nothing to do with the Arsenal way. In the January window of 2003-04, we signed Reyes. In the 2nd and 3rd to last games of the season, he pretty much single-handedly made sure we remained unbeaten. Whereas in 2007/08, we looked like we were finally going to win the league again. But in January, we failed to buy a decent backup to Eduardo. And we all know how that turned out.

Apparently we're closing in on Berbatov for ?2mil.

I would love this, say whatever you want about him but hes a good striker whos clinical and thats what we need right now

to elaborate i would rather have him then nothing

Last edited:
I think most people recognise that he has alot of talent, it's just his attitude (especially his ego and workrate) completely let him down.

Sanago is too injury prone to rely on him, even as 3rd choice backup. Bendtner's contracts up at the end of the season, and as soon as we no longer need to rely on him, I think he will be sold or released. Not sure what Giroud you've been watching, but at the moment he has been anything but enjoying his form.

And not spending money is nothing to do with the Arsenal way. In the January window of 2003-04, we signed Reyes. In the 2nd and 3rd to last games of the season, he pretty much single-handedly made sure we remained unbeaten. Whereas in 2007/08, we looked like we were finally going to win the league again. But in January, we failed to buy a decent backup to Eduardo. And we all know how that turned out.

Mate I think I was missunderstood there. I am more than happy with arsenal spending big money like Arsene did with Ozil but you have to put that money into the RIGHT player. That?s the case of Reyes or other big signings AW knew and wanted them on the team its not a panic buy, If we are to buy let?s buy rationally. I dont think for example that Berbatov would be a good player to sign specially because of his attitude towards playing he never helps the defense and when the team is loosing he just dissapears. Anywyas I would love for AW to maybe splash the cash on someone he knows It?s going to work for him.

About the giroud thing with Form I meant the way he is finding the net this season, compared to other strikers and taking into account the ammount of work he puts into being more involved with the play, playing with his back to goal, etc. He?s been kind of sloppy in front of goal but still he has been key to the gooners this season.

Mate I think I was missunderstood there. I am more than happy with arsenal spending big money like Arsene did with Ozil but you have to put that money into the RIGHT player. That?s the case of Reyes or other big signings AW knew and wanted them on the team its not a panic buy, If we are to buy let?s buy rationally. I dont think for example that Berbatov would be a good player to sign specially because of his attitude towards playing he never helps the defense and when the team is loosing he just dissapears. Anywyas I would love for AW to maybe splash the cash on someone he knows It?s going to work for him.

About the giroud thing with Form I meant the way he is finding the net this season, compared to other strikers and taking into account the ammount of work he puts into being more involved with the play, playing with his back to goal, etc. He?s been kind of sloppy in front of goal but still he has been key to the gooners this season.
Berbatov would only cost ?2 million, if the reports are to be believed, so you wouldn't be taking much risk there. If nothing else, he would be good short-term competition to Giroud, until a suitable top striker becomes available. And you do need a new striker in January if possible, given the right circumstances (availability, price, wages, etc.), Giroud's been key, but only because of your dependance on him (lack of depth up front).

Reyes was a massive flop though. And I agree Giroud has been extremely important to our season so far, but we need a goal scoring striker too. Although Berbatov clearly isn't a long term-option, and despite his awful work-rate, he is still a ridiculously talented goal scorer. And he wouldn't need to be a starter, just to be someone that can come off the bench and change a game for us. Saying that, I don't think we'll sign him. Don't see why we would be willing to pay his wages for a 32 year old.

I think we'll either sign no-one, or someone amazing like Costa.

Reyes was a massive flop though. And I agree Giroud has been extremely important to our season so far, but we need a goal scoring striker too. Although Berbatov clearly isn't a long term-option, and despite his awful work-rate, he is still a ridiculously talented goal scorer. And he wouldn't need to be a starter, just to be someone that can come off the bench and change a game for us. Saying that, I don't think we'll sign him. Don't see why we would be willing to pay his wages for a 32 year old.

If you get Diego Costa, I will cry.

Since I live in Argentina I?ve supported Newell?s old Boys since I was a child. We had Ignacio Scocco two seasons ago who single-handely won us the Argentinina First division. He scored 14 goals in 19 league games. And he took us to the Libertadores semifinals where we lost on extra time to mighty Atletico Mineiro. He is said to be a Target for West Brom but if Arsene Signed him he would be just perfect for arsenal.

I know it?s kind of a stupid thing to say since he never showed interest in him but still, I would love to see him with the red shirt.

Todos los goles en HD de Ignacio "Nacho" Scocco (Temporada 2012/2013) - Newell's Old Boys - YouTube a link if anyone wants to check his goals for newells.

Since I live in Argentina I?ve supported Newell?s old Boys since I was a child. We had Ignacio Scocco two seasons ago who single-handely won us the Argentinina First division. He scored 14 goals in 19 league games. And he took us to the Libertadores semifinals where we lost on extra time to mighty Atletico Mineiro. He is said to be a Target for West Brom but if Arsene Signed him he would be just perfect for arsenal.

I know it?s kind of a stupid thing to say since he never showed interest in him but still, I would love to see him with the red shirt.

Todos los goles en HD de Ignacio "Nacho" Scocco (Temporada 2012/2013) - Newell's Old Boys - YouTube a link if anyone wants to check his goals for newells.

Too old to take a risk on a south-american with no Prem experience.

Not impossible. ?33m release clause, and we have the money. (Not saying it is likely to happen, but not inconceivable)
I don't mean that it's impossible, I just meant that if you get him, and that's a big if, then your squad will practically be unstoppable.

Wenger has denied the interest in Berbatov.

Ok if u think about it, even if he has? so what we can stil lbe in for him, he said we arent interested in arteta, he also said we were not going to sign henry. of course hes denying it...

Well, a quote from the boss: "He is not a name we have considered at the moment. We have not contacted anybody. We are just considering our options. I must confess they are quite restricted."

If he's just trying to keep our interest quiet so nobody else moves in, he's doing a good job of it by saying Berbatov's not a name the staff have even considered.

Well, a quote from the boss: "He is not a name we have considered at the moment. We have not contacted anybody. We are just considering our options. I must confess they are quite restricted."

If he's just trying to keep our interest quiet so nobody else moves in, he's doing a good job of it by saying Berbatov's not a name the staff have even considered.
Not many managers like to overtly express interest in a player they're about to sign, to be honest, so Wenger's statement doesn't mean much.

Rumours surfacing we're lining up a 38.5 million euro bid for Diego Costa, which is roughly ?32mil. I'd rather him than Berbatov, but again, these are just rumours. And after actually reading the article, Costa has a ?32mil release clause, so that makes sense.

Rumours surfacing we're lining up a 38.5 million euro bid for Diego Costa, which is roughly ?32mil. I'd rather him than Berbatov, but again, these are just rumours. And after actually reading the article, Costa has a ?32mil release clause, so that makes sense.

As much as i would love for this to happen, this doesnt seem like a good move for him or atletico, first of all hes flying on top form and guaranteed starts every game. they are also doing superb in the league because of him as well as CL, letting him go severely damages their position.

Back