The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As much as i would love for this to happen, this doesnt seem like a good move for him or atletico, first of all hes flying on top form and guaranteed starts every game. they are also doing superb in the league because of him as well as CL, letting him go severely damages their position.
He has a release clause, Atl?ti can't do anything to keep him if it's met.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

As much as i would love for this to happen, this doesnt seem like a good move for him or atletico, first of all hes flying on top form and guaranteed starts every game. they are also doing superb in the league because of him as well as CL, letting him go severely damages their position.
1. atletico dont have a choice if the release clause gets offered.
2. what makes you think he won't get regular starts at arsenal? (outside of the cl)

Am I the only one that doesn't want Diego Costa because of how much of a scumbag he is?

Would happily take Berbatov for ?2m.

Costa has more chance of winning the league in Spain than he does with Arsenal in England, and why would he want to move with the WC coming up and possibly upset his good form. Think this more likely to happen in summer and would be good signing to for you guys.

1. atletico dont have a choice if the release clause gets offered.
2. what makes you think he won't get regular starts at arsenal? (outside of the cl)

Yes I agree but there he is GUARANTEED starts, here he will have to compete against Giroud and before you say hes so much better then Giroud...of course he is but Giroud sometimes might start ahead of him for chemistry reasons, its a world cup year and he will need as much playing time as possible after he picked spain as his country.

Also release clause could more then double because of spanish taxes for foreign clubs

Honestly I?m not sure about the diego costa deal, you guys are right by saying he might be a one season thing considering he was average the other seasons. Maybe what arsenal needs is a slightly more experienced striker like berba.

Costa's a brilliant striker. I sort of want him to join, just because I want to see him in England. Don't see him joining before summer, though to be honest.

Honestly I?m not sure about the diego costa deal, you guys are right by saying he might be a one season thing considering he was average the other seasons. Maybe what arsenal needs is a slightly more experienced striker like berba.
Costa was only average the other seasons because Falcao was upfront meaning he didn't get a chance so We should get him. Plus, Berbatov just stands around all the time and doesn't do that much work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that doesn't want Diego Costa because of how much of a scumbag he is?

This ... Costa is a huge douchebag and makes Balotelli look like Mother Teresa

IMO Berbatov would be wrong choice player for you guys.

Also Costa is a scumbag on the pitch but bigger that Suarez? I'm not sure. I just brought Suarez name as from what I read many Arsenal fans wanted him at Arsenal.

Arsenal's Diego Costa transfer: Arsene Wenger claims a move for the Brazilian would cost the Gunners ?145million - Mirror Online

Well, if this article is anything to go on, we won't be getting Costa either because Wenger believes he'd cost much more than ?32mil.

Yeah might be.

Jackson Martinez came out in some interview saying he used to support us as a kid and would love to play here. Also some links with Mandzukic, but that wouldn't happen before next summer.

Eventhough I think we need 1-3 players I fear this will be quiet window for us.

Arsenal's Diego Costa transfer: Arsene Wenger claims a move for the Brazilian would cost the Gunners ?145million - Mirror Online

Well, if this article is anything to go on, we won't be getting Costa either because Wenger believes he'd cost much more than ?32mil.
?145 million!? I don't know where he's getting that figure from, but I'm pretty sure Atl?ti would let him leave for a lot less. Even if there isn't a ?32 million release clause, they would probably still sell him for ?40-50 million.

I personally think berbatov is lazy loool i dont see why so many of you want him

I want him because he has a decent touch, and we have no other options, and I'd rather overpay a lazy striker than have nobody available :)

Lineup for today:

BJgrBei.png

I want him because he has a decent touch, and we have no other options, and I'd rather overpay a lazy striker than have nobody available :)

Lineup for today:

BJgrBei.png

Update, arsenal bench: ?zil, podolski, mertesacker, flamini, jenkinson, park, viviano

That goal was Rosicky personified:
Workrate, pressing, direct an drive. Although I must admit I thought he'd unleash a piledriver from outside the box, the little chip wasn't very Rosicky-ish ;)

Back