The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'm faster now than I was before my ACL when I was 18...just saying.

Our striker options are now more limited, Wenger doesn't like to buy cover just to buy it (and neither do I) so if we do go for a striker, it will have to be someone he considers not to be a waste of money (ala berbatov).

Surely Gnabry and Ryo will not go on loan.

I'm faster now than I was before my ACL when I was 18...just saying.

Our striker options are now more limited, Wenger doesn't like to buy cover just to buy it (and neither do I) so if we do go for a striker, it will have to be someone he considers not to be a waste of money (ala berbatov).

Surely Gnabry and Ryo will not go on loan.

But your body would still be developing that age, so it would recover better. Whereas when you are past 20/21, it will take a lot longer for your body to recover, and is less likely to fully recover. (Plus you -probably- were not playing sport at such a high intensity as a pacy premier league footballer)

He's been a lot better lately, rather than dominating possession fruitlessly, he's helping the team develop from a proper defence and transition quickly into attack. Whereas before, due to the quality of his defence he almost had to hold possession for the sake of not conceding, instead of relying on his team to be able to transition.
Yes, that is good but I'm here talking about early in-game changes. And at times sticking to same tactics in matches like at Etihad. The match was really open and it's hard stop city from scoring. His possession game also lacks relentless pressing which makes it difficult for opposition to pass around.
And like in West Ham game recently, it was an injury-forced sub that changed the game completely, he does not make early subs, and he didn't make a single sub at all against us at Emirates. Walcott was having a poor game, should've been subbed out. Although it was good for us though. :P I'd much rather play what you guys call "anti-football" against the likes of City. Or like how I call it, Counter-Attacking.
He also does not make subs to alter the shape of the team when things aren't working.

Yes, that is good but I'm here talking about early in-game changes. And at times sticking to same tactics in matches like at Etihad. The match was really open and it's hard stop city from scoring. His possession game also lacks relentless pressing which makes it difficult for opposition to pass around.
And like in West Ham game recently, it was an injury-forced sub that changed the game completely, he does not make early subs, and he didn't make a single sub at all against us at Emirates. Walcott was having a poor game, should've been subbed out. Although it was good for us though. :P I'd much rather play what you guys call "anti-football" against the likes of City. Or like how I call it, Counter-Attacking.
He also does not make subs to alter the shape of the team when things aren't working.

"Anti-football" (Which I don't think I've ever actually heard an Arsenal fan call it seriously), is completely different to counter-attacking. Counter-attacking is exciting. United and Everton counter-attacked against us. Chelsea didn't, they didn't have any intention on pushing men forward to score.

"Anti-football" (Which I don't think I've ever actually heard an Arsenal fan call it seriously), is completely different to counter-attacking. Counter-attacking is exciting. United and Everton counter-attacked against us. Chelsea didn't, they didn't have any intention on pushing men forward to score.

Think he's wumming mate, read his argument through twice.

Basically "Wenger is ****, his tactics don't work, he doesn't know he can make subs. Look at how good Chelsea are mate! That's proper football."

Save yourself some time and don't bother.

Think he's wumming mate, read his argument through twice.

Basically "Wenger is ****, his tactics don't work, he doesn't know he can make subs. Look at how good Chelsea are mate! That's proper football."

Save yourself some time and don't bother.

Bit off-topic, but having never seen wumming anywhere else on the internet, I did a quick Google search and will probably use it the next time the need arises. Thanks!

Disappointed for both Arsenal and England. Theo would've been massive for both.

Sigh.

Disappointed for both Arsenal and England. Theo would've been massive for both.

Sigh.

As an England fan it is a massive shame. Just starts to look like the player we all wanted him to be and then gets a really bad injury. No World Cup for him! ): - If Ashley Young ends up going instead I think I will have a mental breakdown.

I'd take Martinez. I'd rather have a perm player who -wants- to play for the club. Morata would be great, but we'd be training him up to give him back, and Wenger doesn't seem to be a fan of that. Only recent time I can remember that happened was with Benayoun from Chelsea and he hardly started a game for us. Though he was pretty decent when called upon to defend a lead!

I mean I do agree Costa would be the better option, but we don't need a striker in the summer, we need one now, Bayern will prob **** us over, but a real chance of the FA Cup or Premier League (or, dare to dream, both).

Yea very true, especially with Walcott injury that will hit us hard and if we can pull off the Costa deal this month that wld be MASSIVE!!! But I do agree Martinez wld still be a very good signing.

Yes as the whole scouting isn't down to a one man. Players like Petit, Vieira and Henry etc were true Wenger "findings" as he knew about them, but since then it was one of our scouts who found Cesc, RVP and others.
scouts only suggest advice who to buy its the managers like wenger who stick their necks out to go buy them unless its one them chairman run clubs wenger still has that old school influence in the boardroom like saf had he also cares alot you only have to look at wenger during a game to see how deeply he realy feels every goal win and loss! the guy looks like he gets depressed when things arent going arsenal's way such is his passsion commitment. i admire respect his achievments even as a liverpudlian! :D
Ars?ne Wenger's top 10 Arsenal signings - Telegraph

Arsène Wenger: top 10 Arsenal signings - Telegraph

Arsene Wenger's Top 10 Signings as Arsenal Manager | Bleacher Report

i include all 3 some are older some include players omiited in others hes scouted and grown these young talents some from scratch ill stop now feel dejavu lol

scouts only suggest advice who to buy its the managers like wenger who stick their necks out to go buy them unless its one them chairman run clubs wenger still has that old school influence in the boardroom like saf had he also cares alot you only have to look at wenger during a game to see how deeply he realy feels every goal win and loss! the guy looks like he gets depressed when things arent going arsenal's way such is his passsion commitment. i admire respect his achievments even as a liverpudlian! :D

i include all 3 some are older some include players omiited in others hes scouted and grown these young talents some from scratch ill stop now feel dejavu lol

Saying that scouts only suggests advice downplays their role massively. In most cases they first identify the talent, start gathering information. When complete they sent a dossier to manager to look at and if interested he goes and watches it himself and then if he likes tries to sign.

Wenger is a great manager, but people give him bit too much credit for talent finding as it's a collective effort.

Improving players though. That's what where his main talent lies imo.

I get what you mean by truly caring. Many bottles have felt the wrath of Wenger down the years. :)

Bit off-topic, but having never seen wumming anywhere else on the internet, I did a quick Google search and will probably use it the next time the need arises. Thanks!
Same!

Just because he shows it overtly, doesn't mean Wenger cares more. Other managers, especially the continental ones, probably care just as much, but they just don't show it in the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wf1U0yLhE

Goals from the FA Youth Cup game against Petersporough. Akpom with a hattrick and a assist and Crowley with a brace and 4 assists. Looks like a good steal that one.

Akpom was about to go to Brentford on loan which has now been postponed because of injuries. I think he will feature in the Coventry game unless we sign a new forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wf1U0yLhE

Goals from the FA Youth Cup game against Petersporough. Akpom with a hattrick and a assist and Crowley with a brace and 4 assists. Looks like a good steal that one.

Akpom was about to go to Brentford on loan which has now been postponed because of injuries. I think he will feature in the Coventry game unless we sign a new forward.

I reckon Giroud'll start, although probably won't play the full game. And yeah, been watching the youth teams quite abit this season, don't think it'll be long until Crowley, Zelalem and Akpom are around the first team. Might be better to send Zelalem on loan though, as he is pushed off the ball far too easily.

I reckon Giroud'll start, although probably won't play the full game. And yeah, been watching the youth teams quite abit this season, don't think it'll be long until Crowley, Zelalem and Akpom are around the first team. Might be better to send Zelalem on loan though, as he is pushed off the ball far too easily.

Yeah I think so too especially now as the game is on friday instead of saturday.

He needs to eat what Ox and Gnabry have been eating and he's alright :D

So many good youngsters coming through. To add to these there's also Aneke and Bellerin who are on loan and doing well. Also both Toral and Olsson might make it through.

Yeah I think so too especially now as the game is on friday instead of saturday.

So many good youngsters coming through. To add to these there's also Aneke and Bellerin who are on loan and doing well. Also both Toral and Olsson might make it through.

Doubt Aneka, Toral or Olsson will to be honest, a year or 2 back they seemed to have potential, but have barely developed. Toral is the most likely to though, but can't see Aneke or Olsson ever having a career at premier league level :(

Doubt Aneka, Toral or Olsson will to be honest, a year or 2 back they seemed to have potential, but have barely developed. Toral is the most likely to though, but can't see Aneke or Olsson ever having a career at premier league level :(

Aye I remember hearing great things about Toral being the next Fabregas, but unsure if he's developed his game much since.

Is there any olsson footage on youtube? He looks quite good, and I kind of like him because he was beast on one of my early fm saves on 14 with peterborough. You guys think zelalem might be featured? I mean The press saide he was going to be in the startint XI against spurs.

Back