The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Doubt Aneka, Toral or Olsson will to be honest, a year or 2 back they seemed to have potential, but have barely developed. Toral is the most likely to though, but can't see Aneke or Olsson ever having a career at premier league level :(

Lot might still change as they are all very young. I still remember how Barca tried to snap both Aneke and Afobe from us. Shame about Afobe's injuries, but I still think Aneke could make it as a solid Premier league player. Same goes for Olsson and Toral if they can stay injury free as they've already been injured couple times for longer periods if I remember right.

Aye I remember hearing great things about Toral being the next Fabregas, but unsure if he's developed his game much since.

Had some bad luck with injuries, but I think could still make it. Needs to play consistently for reserves and then prove himself on loan if he's to make it.

Yeah needs to bulk up a bit and go on loan next season I think.

He plays in a more Central Midfielder role. I always tought he was more of an advanced playmaker but from the video he seems to play DLP. Im sure he needs more strenght and he needs to be mentally ready.

He plays in a more Central Midfielder role. I always tought he was more of an advanced playmaker but from the video he seems to play DLP. Im sure he needs more strenght and he needs to be mentally ready.

He started out as attacking midfielder, but was pushed back.

According to goal.com and gunnerblog Bendtner is going to be fit in the next few days. Goal also says that Wenger wont buy a striker in january and will wait until summer. Im not sure about the second thing but its great that Nicky B is back.

According to goal.com and gunnerblog Bendtner is going to be fit in the next few days. Goal also says that Wenger wont buy a striker in january and will wait until summer. Im not sure about the second thing but its great that Nicky B is back.

Yeah he should be back soon also. I think Goal bases that assumption on rumours that both Costa's and Martinez's clauses aren't in effect now, but in summer ( As is Draxler's thought not a striker ). Morata has been heavily talked in recent days, Ancelotti doesn't seem to want to allow anyone to go, but Perez wouldn't mind to see Coentrao off to Utd and Morata to us on loan for 2m fee.

I think we will sign a "veteran" striker if we can't get Morata. Most likely either Berba or Klose. Either of those would be better than nothing really.

Also according to Al Jazeera or Bel something as it's called now we've made contact with Barca over Pedro.

The Ox is back, he played fairly well for the u21s, Home | Arsenal Player
Do you guys think he will be at top level soon?

Well it will take time until his on full fitness, but maybe. Good thing for him now is that Gnabry's playing well so we don't need to throw Ox down the deep end and expect to perform instantly.

Giroud and Gibbs should be both back for Villa, interesting game, the return leg of Benteke dicking us in the first game of the season. Still issues with Vermaelen (back end of the month) and a few others.

Again linked with Gourcuff in french papers. Wouldn't be a transfer window without a Gourcuff link. :)

Latest rumours:

Strikers: Lacazette from Lyon and Destro from Roma

Also we've bid ?12m for Griezmann apparently. Turned down as they want at least ?24m apparently.

Latest rumours:

Strikers: Lacazette from Lyon and Destro from Roma

Also we've bid ?12m for Griezmann apparently. Turned down as they want at least ?24m apparently.

He has a release clause of less than that. Not sure we need him though, we need a winger, but a right-sided one. Although he is quality, and would be delighted if we got him.

He has a release clause of less than that. Not sure we need him though, we need a winger, but a right-sided one. Although he is quality, and would be delighted if we got him.

We can easily shift Cazorla on the right and play Griezmann on Theo role on left side.

We can easily shift Cazorla on the right and play Griezmann on Theo role on left side.

But that means no Podolski, and we already have width on the left in Gibbs. Although Sagna tries to give width, his attacking player is completely *****.

But that means no Podolski, and we already have width on the left in Gibbs. Although Sagna tries to give width, his attacking player is completely *****.

Well Podolski isn't a starter now and while I like him I think Griezmann is better and will become much better. Also Theo's role isn't to keep width, but to in a way be our second striker which you can see if you look at his average positions. And we need goals now that Theo's injured.

Back