The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Wenger finally realising if you play a first team with a few second string, you win 4-0 at a canter rather than a scrappy 2-1 with 75% youth.

Any thoughts on young Zelalem? Wasn't paying too much attention with the game in the background.

Wenger really is a massive troll.

I'm curious if the Chelsea Mata deal caused Wenger to get an easier time of convincing the club to release funds for Draxler, if indeed it's true.

Wenger finally realising if you play a first team with a few second string, you win 4-0 at a canter rather than a scrappy 2-1 with 75% youth.

Any thoughts on young Zelalem? Wasn't paying too much attention with the game in the background.

I think 4-0 doesn't reflect the game as Coventry were good in 2nd half and we bit sloppy. Still good to get a convincing win and I think 9th clean sheet in a row at home?

Didn't have much time, but I liked the look of him. I think it was Santi's goal in which he gave that pass to Jenko who's shot was parried off to Santi.

Jenkinson looked decent too by the way. I do agree 4-0 doesn't reflect the game, but think of Ozil's cutback to Bendtner, etc etc, loads of chances. Team was definitely playing better because they had some quality on the pitch. Gnabry was wasteful but looked confident, needs to run more at his man considering his dribbling skill.

Jenkinson looked decent too by the way. I do agree 4-0 doesn't reflect the game, but think of Ozil's cutback to Bendtner, etc etc, loads of chances. Team was definitely playing better because they had some quality on the pitch. Gnabry was wasteful but looked confident, needs to run more at his man considering his dribbling skill.

Yeah Jenko was ravaging their left hand side at times. At a start he looked bit off, but as he got on he got better, shame his shot didn't go in the end. Would be nice to see him get some Prem games aswell.

Bendtner is garbage. A couple good flicks and maybe deflecting a goal in is about as much as he will give us. NOT what we are looking for as our 2nd striker.

Also ozil must be out of shape as he is an enigma. He tracks back then he doesnt. he closes down then he doesnt. Mostly walks around after losing possession. I realize he isn't a box to box but this is a high level EPL squad and he should be putting in more. He was riding a high after the transfer but I think the english game has worn him out which is more reason we need draxler.

Bendtner is garbage. A couple good flicks and maybe deflecting a goal in is about as much as he will give us. NOT what we are looking for as our 2nd striker.

Also ozil must be out of shape as he is an enigma. He tracks back then he doesnt. he closes down then he doesnt. Mostly walks around after losing possession. I realize he isn't a box to box but this is a high level EPL squad and he should be putting in more. He was riding a high after the transfer but I think the english game has worn him out which is more reason we need draxler.

Bendtner just came from injury. He didn't have the best game, but he can do better. Wouldn't mind if he were our 3rd choice, but I'd also like bit better 2nd option.

With Ozil our eyes deceive us a lot of times. We don't need Ozil to track back, but he still does it when he thinks it's necessary. We've seen him as a RB on couple occasions trying to help out. We have now 9 cleansheets out of 10 games at home.

This is bit same as against Fulham people complained that his passes were off and still managed 90+ % success. He still creates chances and that's the main think we want him to do.

Oezil's putting in pretty much exactly the same figures defensively as he was in Spain. I don't think it's a issue of him being worn out, particularly, he's just not particularly good at defending. Of course, he kind of turns this into an advantage, because he is the absolute best in the world at finding space when his team are defending so he can turn defence into counters.

Oezil's putting in pretty much exactly the same figures defensively as he was in Spain. I don't think it's a issue of him being worn out, particularly, he's just not particularly good at defending. Of course, he kind of turns this into an advantage, because he is the absolute best in the world at finding space when his team are defending so he can turn defence into counters.

Yeah. Attacking teams need to be aware of him and this will scare them off from committing too much into attack.

Apparently we're closing in on Draxler. Would love to get him but I'm not getting to confident after what happens with Higuain when we were supposed to have signed him but the he goes to Napoli.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Apparently we're closing in on Draxler. Would love to get him but I'm not getting to confident after what happend with Higuain when we were supposed to have signed him but the he goes to Napoli.

I think Draxler is a fantastic talent, but I honestly don't think we should be pursuing him if there's a chance we can get a quality striker in to improve our squad considering how many midfielders we actually have.

That being said, I am struggling to think of a great striker that would be available to us, particularly in the middle of the season.

I think Draxler is a fantastic talent, but I honestly don't think we should be pursuing him if there's a chance we can get a quality striker in to improve our squad considering how many midfielders we actually have.

That being said, I am struggling to think of a great striker that would be available to us, particularly in the middle of the season.

Wenger said we was gonna put him upfront which would make sense cause his finishing and dribbling are awesome.

Think arsenal should be looking at a STR tbh. Draxler is great talent no dout but not for that price plus he has been quite poor this season and injury prone. And no way can he play upfront lol.

Perhaps I think of Mandzukic.

Perhaps I think of Mandzukic.
Mandžukić would be a very feasible option in the summer, since Bayern have signed Lewandowski, but in January, I think it'll be hard to prise him from Bayern since they'll be left with only Pizarro and M?ller.

Back