The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeah Wenger has said "it's not gonna happen this window"......... So in the Summer maybe but I'd love to bring in Lars Bender orn Tiote. Tiote would probably not happen since toon just sold Cabaye though

Frimpong was never good enough, too rash. He'll make a good championship midfielder though.

Today isn't panning out how I hoped, we were meant to get Draxler and Matuidi (sp) signed, and instead we're ending up with some Swedish guy who used to be good on FM on a loan. You have to laugh really, even with all this money in the bank, he loves his bargain basement too much to leave it. Wenger, never change.

and if he buys draxler and doesn't win the league people will be even more upset

Can't understand the lack of a forward signing in this window, we had a real chance to show in this window that we meant buisness, I don't think anyone expected us to sign someone in the stature of Ozil but a forward who offered more than Bendtner in his overall game and could chip in with at least half a dozen league goals throughout the rest of the season certainly doesn't seem to much to ask for.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 9m
#Afc board were happy to meet #Schalke fee for Draxler & keen this month to avoid summer battle, but AW valuation lower & unwilling to budge.

And yeah, about that forward. **** it mate, move on :D

#Afc board were happy to meet #Schalke fee for Draxler & keen this month to avoid summer battle, but AW valuation lower & unwilling to budge.

This is how I don't even understand how you ended up with Ozil! Wenger is such a stubborn tight old-git! :P

So the K?llstr?m deal's done. I suppose it's marginally better than no activity at all.

Just imagine a midfield trio of Flamini, Arteta, and Kallstrom.......and then Bendtner upfront........we'd better pray the likes of Giroud, Wilshere, and Ramsey stay fit for most of the second half of the season.

Shouldnt Wenger leave 'money matters' to others and focus on football? I mean it's good to see him do that but what's the problem in paying a bit of a premium now and tying Draxler down rather than waiting till the summer ... Almost certain there will be other clubs interested

I'd agree with you, if the board are happy to pay the extra 5m when Draxler wants to come, you'd probably be able to get his signature on a less lucrative contract. Perhaps Wenger might save a few million on the up front transfer fee, but with oil clubs in the hunt in the summer, I'd not expect it to be a saving at all.

This suggests to me that Draxler is enamored with arsenal and Wenger feels confident he can get him in summer and allow him to finish the season at Schalke. After his injury it may be best not to bring him in and have fans expect him to be the next ozil.

I really don`t get it why everyone wants Draxler, we need a goal scorer, we need someone who scores goals like Negredo - Aguero - Suarez , not an inside wing.

Here`s a list :

Thomas Muller
Falcao
D. Costa
Cavani
Klose ( i was hoping for him to come, at least for 1 season )
Higuain
Benzema.

I really don`t get it why everyone wants Draxler, we need a goal scorer, we need someone who scores goals like Negredo - Aguero - Suarez , not an inside wing.

Here`s a list :

Thomas Muller
Falcao
D. Costa
Cavani
Klose ( i was hoping for him to come, at least for 1 season )
Higuain
Benzema.

And how many of those are achieveable?

Muller won't move - and isn't even a striker or that noteworthy of a goalscorer anyway - Falcao is injured and wouldn't move, Cavani won't move, Higuain was already passed up and calling Benzema a goalscorer is recently a little bit of a... well, a lie.

Only Klose and Costa could be considered even long shots, and Costa's coveted by bigger and better teams than Arsenal. That leaves Klose, an ageing stop gap who's never played in the league before. Hmmm.

besides, draxler can score goals and provide winger cover which we are lacking. cazorla Wilshire and Ramsey on wings isn't ideal....Neither is playing an 18 year old.

Back