The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Frimpong was never good enough, too rash. He'll make a good championship midfielder though.

Today isn't panning out how I hoped, we were meant to get Draxler and Matuidi (sp) signed, and instead we're ending up with some Swedish guy who used to be good on FM on a loan. You have to laugh really, even with all this money in the bank, he loves his bargain basement too much to leave it. Wenger, never change.

It's like you knew, he just got sent off <)

Kallstrom has a back injury from his first training session with us apparently......could be out for some time they say........what is it with us and injuries FFS.

Draxler has said for Sky Germany that we met the valuation Schalke had put forward and he was ready to move only for Schalke to block the move at the end.

Draxler has said for Sky Germany that we met the valuation Schalke had put forward and he was ready to move only for Schalke to block the move at the end.

So its happening in the summer hopefully! Schalke can't prevent it then, only thing that concerns me is that there will undoubtedly be more competition in the summer.

So its happening in the summer hopefully! Schalke can't prevent it then, only thing that concerns me is that there will undoubtedly be more competition in the summer.

There is now also. Some say it wasn't only us trying to sign him last summer, but Chelsea were aswell and Bayern are also interested.

No team really strengthened themselves, other than perhaps Man Utd.; and even Mata can't change the fact that Utd. is still a sluggish, over the hill squad.

The K?llstrom thing is ridiculous and hilarious, but it's not the end of any title hope.

benayoun deal was poo pooed too....and celebrated at the end of the season.

and as I stated I'm not worried about draxler competition

This season Arsenal have always stepped up in the second half. Match winners all round.

This season Arsenal have always stepped up in the second half. Match winners all round.

It's part of Wenger's plan, and is the same as what Marco Bielsa used to do. The main priority for the first half is to not concede and tire them out by keeping them chasing the ball, then in the 2nd half you move the ball around further and look for the killer passes.

The only difference between this and any other (recent) season is that we can finally rely on our defense to keep us a clean sheet (Most of the time) :)

Ox is made for midfield. finds space, good with both feet and quick as a cat.

Btw Santiago had a great tackle in our box

That was bullshit. skrtel was offside on free kick and also when Sturridge deflected it!

Don't worry, I'll watch game in second half. Usually when I watch Arsenal games there aren't any goals in it.

defense especially per is looking lost obviously. Could have used flamini today

I just saw a fellow American arsenal fan blame this on Wenger not signing a striker....

This is proof that as well as a striker in the summer we need a ball winning midfielder, aside from Flamini we have nobody that really fits that role well enough, and its mandatory for us to have one playing especially in away games like this.

Back