The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeah I wasn't impressed, Giroud is a good looking lad, and ends up with quite a rough looking glamour model. I've had prettier girlfriends and I don't earn 100k a week nor get on the telly. Cheating on your wife for someone who looks less sexy than your wife, don't see the point.

tumblr_m8pf5scVzu1rdhw9so1_400.jpg

So you would be OK with him banging another woman as long as she's hot?

I don't want to start an argument just a little discussion of sorts purely on Wenger/Jose gate! My personal opinion is that so much is being made of absolutely nothing. A lot of people stating that Jose made a personal attack on Wenger but surely Wenger saying "Jose is scared of failure" is a personal jibe too nah and that was said first? I don't mind Wenger or any manger for that coming out and slating Jose or trying to play mind games with him etc etc but don't give it if you can't take it back surely that's the rule?

When asked to join this whole "little horse" discussion last week Brendan Rodgers said "i know Jose and i'm not getting involved with all that, he's good at it". Wenger must have known Jose's was going to reply and his reply was always going to be close to the bone.

Your thoughts because this is something which is annoying me with the amount of moaning and whining about it.

Maybe Giroud just likes her more as a person than his wife? You know, women are more than *** objects.

Maybe Giroud just likes her more as a person than his wife? You know, women are more than *** objects.

They had a quickie in a hotel room then she leaked everything to the press. I don't think it was about her charming personality.

I don't want to start an argument just a little discussion of sorts purely on Wenger/Jose gate! My personal opinion is that so much is being made of absolutely nothing. A lot of people stating that Jose made a personal attack on Wenger but surely Wenger saying "Jose is scared of failure" is a personal jibe too nah and that was said first? I don't mind Wenger or any manger for that coming out and slating Jose or trying to play mind games with him etc etc but don't give it if you can't take it back surely that's the rule?

When asked to join this whole "little horse" discussion last week Brendan Rodgers said "i know Jose and i'm not getting involved with all that, he's good at it". Wenger must have known Jose's was going to reply and his reply was always going to be close to the bone.

Your thoughts because this is something which is annoying me with the amount of moaning and whining about it.

Wenger actually never picked out Jose. Jose assumed it was about him and went straight in. It's all a bit pathetic. Though I wish Jose would just shut up for once. It's not mind games he's just being obnoxious

I'd say Wenger came out of it looking pretty good. His original comment was rational, and sensible.

“I think just that our job is to be ambitious and to try to win, if we do not win then it’s to take full responsibility for that. That's as simple as that and that's how I see it.

Mourinho, despite being the top of the table, has said Chelsea arn't title contenders, despite the squad and the investment he has got is pretty laughable. I've had this discussion with many fans from many sides and they all find it quite bemusing. One of the two bankrolled clubs in the league, spent the most in January, excellent squad, top of the league - yet arn't contenders...

Lastly, if you're going to use quotation marks, use them correctly for an actual quote. Or better yet link the press conference.

[video=youtube;J66DRFkBkIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66DRFkBkIw[/video]

At the end of the day it seems like Mourinho was called out on his bullshit, and ended up looking rather stupid. Wenger came in before the LFC press conference and brushed it off well.

Wenger actually never picked out Jose. Jose assumed it was about him and went straight in. It's all a bit pathetic. Though I wish Jose would just shut up for once. It's not mind games he's just being obnoxious

Umm it's pretty obvious exactly who Wenger was referring to ...

I think he meant that he didn't see the point from Giroud's point of view; not that it would be acceptable if she was hot.

I did, it's reprehensible behaviour, especially if Giroud denied it in order to avoid a fine. However my point was I don't understand it, if you want to cheat on someone (for a one night stand sort of thing) then why not find somebody more attractive.

**** no. He wouldn't be the same.

I'd say Wenger came out of it looking pretty good. His original comment was rational, and sensible.

Mourinho, despite being the top of the table, has said Chelsea arn't title contenders, despite the squad and the investment he has got is pretty laughable. I've had this discussion with many fans from many sides and they all find it quite bemusing. One of the two bankrolled clubs in the league, spent the most in January, excellent squad, top of the league - yet arn't contenders...

Lastly, if you're going to use quotation marks, use them correctly for an actual quote. Or better yet link the press conference.

[video=youtube;J66DRFkBkIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66DRFkBkIw[/video]

At the end of the day it seems like Mourinho was called out on his bullshit, and ended up looking rather stupid. Wenger came in before the LFC press conference and brushed it off well.

Thats the thing though ... Mourinho is not being serious when he says that Chelsea are not title contenders. The fact that so many papers are giving it column inches is laughable and is actually playing into Jose's hands by taking the limelight and pressure off the players

Arsenal have gone for what is it.. 8 years? Without a trophy,

He shouldn't of made those comments in the first place, it was obvious Jose was going to give it back.

I agree with Jose, Wenger is a failure, he's a manager and it's his job to win games/trophies, not to keep the club finances under control or whatever else.

Bullshit. Playing into his hands by taking pressure off the players? Do you really think they believe their manager has no faith in them winning the league whilst they sit at the top of the league with the greatest spend in January to reinforce the squad?

Arsenal have gone for what is it.. 8 years? Without a trophy,

He shouldn't of made those comments in the first place, it was obvious Jose was going to give it back.

I agree with Jose, Wenger is a failure, he's a manager and it's his job to win games/trophies, not to keep the club finances under control or whatever else.

Eh ... I think that's going too far. I think Wenger has done an excellent job but it's annoying when people put him in the same league as SAF and Mourinho. The guy hasn't won a trophy for the last 8 years. He will go down in history as an excellent manager but certainly not one of the best imo

Bullshit. Playing into his hands by taking pressure off the players? Do you really think they believe their manager has no faith in them winning the league whilst they sit at the top of the league with the greatest spend in January to reinforce the squad?

Umm that's the whole point. They don't believe it but the fact that Mourinho's antics takes the media glare off them reduces the pressure on them considerably. If they win, they are heroes. If they lose, Mourinho will make some bullshit story up and they will escape any overly negative headlines. Jose has been playing this game for so long ...

Oh please, it's not mind games. Can we give this mind games **** a rest. As far as I can tell, you can only win mind games if you are Ferguson or Mourinho, according to the press.

Oh please, it's not mind games. Can we give this mind games **** a rest. As far as I can tell, you can only win mind games if you are Ferguson or Mourinho, according to the press.

Call it whatever you want ... It's working. If Chelsea win, the press laud us for days on the end. If we draw against West Brom, Jose spins some **** about how we are not ready and no ones gives a ****. Compare that to when City win or lose and you'll see the difference

The problem is that the media twist things to create a 'storyline' so to speak. From what I have read/watched/heard Wenger was asked about it (Mourinho saying Chelsea weren't in the race) and said he didn't want to comment to begin with. But when pressed he said that it could be a fear of failure. He never actually said anything about Mourinho personally, just that if you rule yourself out the race it might be because you don't want to fail.

Whereas Mourinho's comments were clearly aimed personally at Wenger, and were a bit underhand.

I think it's all pointless, and the only thing it does is take the spotlight away from the Chelsea and Arsenal players, so in a way it's a win-win. (Although it makes both managers look like prats.)

Back