The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Thats the thing though ... Mourinho is not being serious when he says that Chelsea are not title contenders. The fact that so many papers are giving it column inches is laughable and is actually playing into Jose's hands by taking the limelight and pressure off the players
You do realise that players aren't stupid, though, right? Anything Mourinho says doesn't actually make that much of a difference in terms of pressure, if they have any brain cells.

You do realise that players aren't stupid, though, right? Anything Mourinho says doesn't actually make that much of a difference in terms of pressure, if they have any brain cells.

Luckily for Jos?, most players have none.

They are not the smartest people on Earth either. Look at Tevez for example.

BgxH-ZNCEAA9TJ9.jpg

No you're not. United are struggling to beat little teams. You've had blips where you haven't won a game you should have, but so does every team in every season ever. City have had blips. Liverpool have. Arsenal have. You're still top, you're clear of City by 3 points. If you make it to this stage of the season top of the table, you become favourites. Simple as. Everton, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are your only 'difficult' games left, and Liverpool is the only one away from home. And you've dropped the grand total of 4 points at home all season. If you can't see why people have made you favourites from this moment, then I'm lost for words.

Just because we are top in February does not mean we are favourites for the title. If we had daylight between us and City which there isn't really because you would expect them to win their game in hand then they go top. We have 1 striker (if you add the 3 together which we have) and City have 4 excellent strikers. They are favourites 100%.

Sanogo looking good, full marks to the man with a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile.

Marginally offside, you could say it was divine justice. That and a god awful penalty.

Ffs, I could take better penalties than that, Ozil.
My unborn child could take better ones. -_-

As schzezney ( probs spelt wrong ) was leaving the field he made the ****** sign and it was apparently aimed at the officials. Could see an extended ban given for that.

Pretty good performance all things considered, really good defending at 30 meters and then packing bodies in the box when Bayern got past it. Shame about impossible shot by Kroos and then Koscielny's one moment of madness.

Think arsenal can hold their heads high. Most likely out but they can be proud of how they played against Europes best side whilst down to ten men for the majority of the game.

This actually feels worse than getting robbed by officials as usually happens in Europe. We were in control of the game, and with the way we have defended this season, you have to think if we'd gone 1-0 up we could of gone on to win the game, possibly scoring more too. We had the chance, and we blew it. Don't think Szczesny was really at fault to be honest, it was a clear penalty and a red, but he didn't mean to do it and I don't see what else he could of done, other than stand aside and let Robben dribble it into the net (Which going by Neville's commentary is what Woj should of done)

The referee was good tonight, got all the decisions right I think (Apart from to book Sanogo and then not Pizzaro).

P.S. Is it just me that thinks Wenger and the players are making Ozil sort of 'untouchable' at the moment? We let him have all that set pieces, despite the fact that 90% are shocking, and we never sub him off even when he has played badly. He is still a world class player, but is clearly out of form at the moment. He needs patience, but not at the exspense of the rest of the team.

Also, Gary Neville really ****** me off tonight. For one thing, he kept criticizing Mertesacker for 'Standing there' and blocking shots. What do you want him to do for FFS? Go for a diving header for no reason?

Back