The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
One step closer to FA Cup with Wigan beating City.

Won't be easy by any means. Wigan's record is pretty dam impressive-3 defeats in 19. It's going to be such an intruiging match and I'm looking forward to it tbh

If we can't win this FA Cup from here, there really is no hope for us. ;-;

Won't be easy by any means. Wigan's record is pretty dam impressive-3 defeats in 19. It's going to be such an intruiging match and I'm looking forward to it tbh

Yeah wont be easy by any means. Still best chance of trophy since 2011 League Cup.

If we don`t win the FA Cup this year we`re stupid...that`s it, it can`t get any easier than this.

If we don`t win the FA Cup this year we`re stupid...that`s it, it can`t get any easier than this.

If the FA Cup has taught is anything it's, never underestimate Wigan.

[I wouldn't underestimate Hull either, tbh]

If the FA Cup has taught is anything it's, never underestimate Wigan.

The "bigger" clubs just don't scare the "smaller" clubs any more. There's no fear factor. Can have all the money in the world, but it means sod all on the pitch these days. Just have to look at Premier League results half the time as an example. No club is too good to go down any more

Sheffield United are lucky that Jelavic and Long are cup-tied, because those two are absolutely deadly on their day. They've shown it in numerous league games since their respective signings, but luckily for them, the Blades will be up against the likes of Sagbo and Fryatt instead.

And in regards to Arsenal - yes, they should win the FA Cup this season, but that doesn't mean they will win. Generally, the favourites for the FA Cup (at the start of the season) don't win it, so it should be an interesting tournament this year with so many 'smaller clubs' still in it.

Of course it's no gimmy, but if Arsenal don't go on to win it now it will be a huge disappointment.

Look everyone knows i am not a fan of Wenger and have been saying ever since the loss to Birmingham in the League Cup that he needs to go in order for Arsenal to try and get back to the top on a regular basis again and tonight's mistake was so shocking for a manager who has been around for so long. Taking Miyaichi to name him on the bench but not being able to because you did not register him for the competition is woeful and embarrassing for a club of Arsenal's stature and Wenger's experience. Of course it wasn't the reason they lost the tie but only naming 6 subs because of this sort of mistake is really poor form.

They put El Shaarawy in the A list when he could be in the B list meaning Niang was out of the list and couldn't play.

"First of all, for me, it was not a goalscoring opportunity because if Szczesny is really shrewd, he can get a foul against him as well for a high foot off Robben."
You've got to be ******** me.
"This situation can be analysed in both ways, where you can as well give a foul against Robben for his foot being too high. If you look again, where the ball goes after the control, you will see that he never had a goal chance because the ball was at the feet of Sagna. So it was never a goalscoring opportunity."

You've got to be ******** me.

Back