The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It's disappoiting result, but there were some positives. First 15 minutes we were strong, Ox and Sanogo were both good.
And I agree about Ozil, he should be benched, needs a rest and is off form, I can't count how many times he lost RB today. I'd like to see Cazorla playing centrally and Poldi on the wing.

This actually feels worse than getting robbed by officials as usually happens in Europe. We were in control of the game, and with the way we have defended this season, you have to think if we'd gone 1-0 up we could of gone on to win the game, possibly scoring more too. We had the chance, and we blew it. Don't think Szczesny was really at fault to be honest, it was a clear penalty and a red, but he didn't mean to do it and I don't see what else he could of done, other than stand aside and let Robben dribble it into the net (Which going by Neville's commentary is what Woj should of done)

The referee was good tonight, got all the decisions right I think (Apart from to book Sanogo and then not Pizzaro).

P.S. Is it just me that thinks Wenger and the players are making Ozil sort of 'untouchable' at the moment? We let him have all that set pieces, despite the fact that 90% are shocking, and we never sub him off even when he has played badly. He is still a world class player, but is clearly out of form at the moment. He needs patience, but not at the exspense of the rest of the team.

Also, Gary Neville really ****** me off tonight. For one thing, he kept criticizing Mertesacker for 'Standing there' and blocking shots. What do you want him to do for FFS? Go for a diving header for no reason?

Well, had Chesney stood his ground maybe it would have been just a goal. Granted, Alaba missed the penalty but having 10 men against Bayern is inches short of a death sentence. Regarding Ozil, I believe they're trying to build his confidence back up. Subbing him off would've shattered what little confidence he had left after a few bad displays and a missed penalty. As for Mertesacker, I remember the commentator comparing him to a "tree trunk" for just standing there and Neville pointed out that he was a "well positioned tree trunk", and that he preferred that to just lunging into a tackle or throwing himself in front of the ball.

ozil has so much flair but his confidence is inconsistent...doesn't make sense.

Sanogo.is looking really good.

amazing how fast the game turned. **** peno to Gibbs hurt to Montreal getting lost to woj getting red.

Well, had Chesney stood his ground maybe it would have been just a goal.

He tried to, but Robben knocked the ball as far away from him as possible, so the only way Woj could of avoided making contact with Robben would to of not come towards the ball in the first place.

Regarding Ozil, I believe they're trying to build his confidence back up.

That's exactly what it feels like, except we've been doing it all season, and there is no reason for him to be taking the set pieces when clearly he isn't very good at it.

As for Mertesacker, I remember the commentator comparing him to a "tree trunk" for just standing there and Neville pointed out that he was a "well positioned tree trunk", and that he preferred that to just lunging into a tackle or throwing himself in front of the ball.

It was the other way round, Neville said he stood their like a tree trunk, and the other guy said he was well positioned. There was also another in the 2nd half when he blocked a shot out for a corner, and Neville went on about how he was a lucky man not to have put in his own net (Despite it going nowhere near). If he had just left the shot, it would of gone in.

Anyway, I was fairly ****** off with the performance at the time, and just the sound of his voice was probably enough to annoy me at the time ;)

He tried to, but Robben knocked the ball as far away from him as possible, so the only way Woj could of avoided making contact with Robben would to of not come towards the ball in the first place.

That's exactly what it feels like, except we've been doing it all season, and there is no reason for him to be taking the set pieces when clearly he isn't very good at it.

It was the other way round, Neville said he stood their like a tree trunk, and the other guy said he was well positioned. There was also another in the 2nd half when he blocked a shot out for a corner, and Neville went on about how he was a lucky man not to have put in his own net (Despite it going nowhere near). If he had just left the shot, it would of gone in.

Anyway, I was fairly ****** off with the performance at the time, and just the sound of his voice was probably enough to annoy me at the time ;)

Ozil was very good with set pieces for Real Madrid, he hasn't been able to replicate that for Arsenal, though, that's clear for all of us to see.

Regarding the Mertesacker comments, I would've sworn it was Neville who said he was well positioned. Oh well, my memory fails me, I'm getting old.

Yeah something is definitely off with Ozils set pieces. The most probable explanation would be , sadly, that he simply doesn't practise enough.

ozil has so much flair but his confidence is inconsistent...doesn't make sense.
In fact, Ozil needs players to make runs like Walcott, Wilshere and Cazorla aren't wingers. In Real Madrid, he had Ronaldo and Di Maria to receive through balls.

****...what a strike from our guy Joel Campbell who`s on loan at Olympiacos :)) He killed United with this strike :))

Left footed, technical RW/Striker? I hear we need one of those.

He's not had a work permit since we bought him, hence why he has been out on loan. Remember watching one of the youth world cups (think it might of been U20, not sure) just before and just after we bought, and he looked really good then. Been on fire for Olympiakos this season, and has finally got clearance to play in England for next year!

He's not had a work permit since we bought him, hence why he has been out on loan. Remember watching one of the youth world cups (think it might of been U20, not sure) just before and just after we bought, and he looked really good then. Been on fire for Olympiakos this season, and has finally got clearance to play in England for next year!

Actually hes had a work permit this season too, Wenger chose to loan him out again

Well that was ******, we didnt play too well, probably deserved a draw, but how the **** was Charlie Adam not sent off, jesus

adams jumped over oli...oli rolled...he got stomped. unintentional.

sanogo had the chance to be the hero....

Well that was ******, we didnt play too well, probably deserved a draw, but how the **** was Charlie Adam not sent off, jesus
As much as I dislike Charlie Adam, I don't think he stamped on Giroud on purpose. Yeah, he probably knew he was there, but I don't think it was malicious or anything, since he had his eyes on the ball.

Seen a few reports that Djourou would be happy to make a permanent move to Germany. Good riddance.

Seen a few reports that Djourou would be happy to make a permanent move to Germany. Good riddance.

You wanna get rid of THIS?!

[video=youtube;GeUmJMfHvyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUmJMfHvyA[/video]

Back