The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It's only fair that if he gets so much praise when he plays well then he should also get equal amounts of criticism when he doesn't. Ozil hasn't stepped up in ANY big game so far this season. I think it's a fair point of criticism. I am not singling him out or anything like that ... Just merely stating a fact. That said, lack of winter break might have affected him but Gary Neville made a good point that even SAF used to give Ronaldo a bit of a break so it's inexcusable for a manager of Wengers experience not to do the same

Yeah I also think Neville was pretty much spot on. He needed bit of break, but I kind of understand why he had next to no rest with injuries hitting us pretty hard.

I'd agree with you on the first point, but he gets far more negative attention than he deserves and when he actually does well he gets less positive attention than he deserves.

Yeah I also think Neville was pretty much spot on. He needed bit of break, but I kind of understand why he had next to no rest with injuries hitting us pretty hard.

I'd agree with you on the first point, but he gets far more negative attention than he deserves and when he actually does well he gets less positive attention than he deserves.

I disagree mate ... I would be willing to concede that he gets far more negative attention than he deserves when things go badly but also gets far more positive attention than he deserves when things go well

I disagree mate ... I would be willing to concede that he gets far more negative attention than he deserves when things go badly but also gets far more positive attention than he deserves when things go well

Mainly saying that when you look at Ozil v Bayern and for example Aguero v Barca. Havent seen any critisism towards Aguero who was even worse for City than Ozil was for us. Also mainly talking about press, not fans or such.

Surely its something a manager should know? I believe he was registered to play in the earlier rounds but you took him off as you thought he would going out on loan. That is part Arsene's ****-up i'm afraid and although it didn't change the result its embarrassing.

Not really, its the staff's mistake.

Mourinho is part of staff , are you going to blame him when toilet paper runs out?

That's nothing to do with team affairs. A player being eligible for a team/match is entirely down to the managers choice, therefore he should know he couldn't bring Ryo with him.

That's nothing to do with team affairs. A player being eligible for a team/match is entirely down to the managers choice, therefore he should know he couldn't bring Ryo with him.

4th choice player being eligible or not normally isn't even on managers radar , to try and imply otherwise is pure nonsense.

4th choice player being eligible or not normally isn't even on managers radar , to try and imply otherwise is pure nonsense.

He's a part of the squad. To say that the manager of the first team squad shouldn't know who is available to him in an elite competition is pure nonsense.

Mainly saying that when you look at Ozil v Bayern and for example Aguero v Barca. Havent seen any critisism towards Aguero who was even worse for City than Ozil was for us. Also mainly talking about press, not fans or such.

Ozil has been consistently ***** for a while now, Aguero has been incredible, just sucked in his biggest game of the season.

I find that incredibly hard to believe. I would be aware on FM, and I'm not even a full-time manager. ;)

Every Season its the same thing Injuries injuries and more injuries simply because we have a small squad who are being over trained and over played im not sure well have a full season of players unless we buy 4-5 versatile like players in the summer which is highly unlikely

Every Season its the same thing Injuries injuries and more injuries simply because we have a small squad who are being over trained and over played im not sure well have a full season of players unless we buy 4-5 versatile like players in the summer which is highly unlikely

Some clerk probably going to get fired because he didn't inform Wenger that his squad isn't big enough ...

Chelsea have even smaller squad than us. Overplaying important players is in my opinion biggest reason and that's because we don't have enough quality as backup's to step in. We got 25 senior players at start of season whereas I think Chelsea got 20, but we've had almost treble the amount of injuries than they have. Some of the injuries have been bad luck, like Ox's, but too many for me have been Wenger's and coaching staffs fault.

Ozil has been consistently ***** for a while now, Aguero has been incredible, just sucked in his biggest game of the season.

Talking about a single game not for over lenght of season so far. Bit same as City were praised for their loss at Barca whereas we were out pressed, passed against European champions while game ended 1-1. Not many teams can say they've gone to Allianz twice in space of year and came out with 4 points and with only one conceded.

Talking about a single game not for over lenght of season so far. Bit same as City were praised for their loss at Barca whereas we were out pressed, passed against European champions while game ended 1-1. Not many teams can say they've gone to Allianz twice in space of year and came out with 4 points and with only one conceded.

Actually you were praised. People said how how you went out with your 'dignity intact' etc.

Actually you were praised. People said how how you went out with your 'dignity intact' etc.

Saw on telegraph that outpressed and outpassed blah blah blah and something similar from other outlet.

Great goal by Rosicky but The Ox needs to be subbed. He could have got 3 goals!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This is ******* bullshit...we can`t ******` win against big teams... bye bye title race.

Back