The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Just got out from law school exam which went to **** to see that we are 4-0 down with 10 men... Somebody's getting drunk tonight.

What a ******* **** squad we have, maybe it`s time for AW to go.
We need real players that can play against the big guns in the EPL, there`s no way will ever win the title with this type of players.

Well start of season noone was even expecting title push. Most of people were saying that we'd end 5th or 6th so for this squad to be in semis of FA Cup and on our way of finishing 4th is good considering everything.

Well yeah, but that can't be used as excuse for terrible perfomances against big teams. One thing that bothers me is that we do same mistakes over and over. After Aston Villa match, we changed our approach, we started to sit deeper and and play long balls to Giroud, that was working great, but over the time we get back to our old approach (LFC match for example).
Another old Wengers' habit - not rotating. We rotate mostly when someone gets injured. Ozil, Giroud were great after some rest, but Wenger clearly can't see that.
We don't give chances to youngsters like we used to, Jenkinson is bench warmer, Gnabry is great but gets only a few minutes, Isaac Hayden - highly rated DM (19 today) is yet to feature in PL, started in league Cup against WBA, Chuks Aneke - Yaya Toure-like player, is on fire for Crewe (I know, League One), I bet he won't get a chance either.
Oh yeah, and in my opinion, when we play Flamini we are defensively much more stable than with Arteta, and looks like true leader on the pitch, but this is also ignored by AW.

Well yeah, but that can't be used as excuse for terrible perfomances against big teams. One thing that bothers me is that we do same mistakes over and over. After Aston Villa match, we changed our approach, we started to sit deeper and and play long balls to Giroud, that was working great, but over the time we get back to our old approach (LFC match for example).
Another old Wengers' habit - not rotating. We rotate mostly when someone gets injured. Ozil, Giroud were great after some rest, but Wenger clearly can't see that.
We don't give chances to youngsters like we used to, Jenkinson is bench warmer, Gnabry is great but gets only a few minutes, Isaac Hayden - highly rated DM (19 today) is yet to feature in PL, started in league Cup against WBA, Chuks Aneke - Yaya Toure-like player, is on fire for Crewe (I know, League One), I bet he won't get a chance either.
Oh yeah, and in my opinion, when we play Flamini we are defensively much more stable than with Arteta, and looks like true leader on the pitch, but this is also ignored by AW.

Yeah it tells it all actually that half of the goals we've conceded have come in 3 games against our title rivals. We could rotate better if we had better class of players in couple positions like striker. Hopefully we go all in on summer for positions like LW, DM and ST.

I also think Flamini should play more. Last season Arteta was one of the best, but this season he has dropped a bit and that's why I think we should sign someone new to partner Rambo in middle.

Surely the blame has to come on Wenger. After all, isn't he the man who is in charge of putting together the squad? The fact that he bought a crocked midfielder from Russia in January says it all. Wenger gets far less criticism from the press than he deserves. If Mourinho had lost 6-0 at the Emirates, I shudder to think of the reaction

Frankly I think if Wenger fails to win the FA Cup then he should go ...

Well start of season noone was even expecting title push. Most of people were saying that we'd end 5th or 6th so for this squad to be in semis of FA Cup and on our way of finishing 4th is good considering everything.
Well I've only seen people say Arsenal are genuine title challengers ever since that Ozil signing and hype in first two-three matches.

Well I've only seen people say Arsenal are genuine title challengers ever since that Ozil signing and hype in first two-three matches.

What hype? We were top for odd 20+ rounds which I think makes us as genuine title challengers and after mid week we might be 4 points off top. All in all compared to last couple seasons there has been improvement.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wenger is a great manager.... but not for this century. He's stuck in the 80's - 90's and that's the problem.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm hoping he stays and hopefully will play his 1500th game at Bridge as well.

Same here ... Says it all about how far Wenger has fallen. I can't see how someone can be called a legendary manager even after failing to win a trophy for the past 8 years and getting comprehensively thrashed 3 times in the same season by direct rivals

I think he might decide to go if that happens.

Probably. Objectively, will you rather he go or not? Arsenal frankly seem to be rusting under him football-wise. Same old 4th place finish again and again and again

Back