The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Considering Toure takes the pens and fks for City, I see Ramsey's return over half a season as much better actually. Made two goals yesterday, too.

Plus the side had two legitimate pens yesterday, yet got zero. Unsure how the penalty standings are this year, but you can definitely see the counter attacking sides having more, likely due to the result of slight touches on a player at top speed being more dramatic than doing step overs and flicks in the box

With full season Rambo might be better, but we don't know because of injury. He's proving to be one of our most crucial players. Saw stat that we win around 70% games with him v 50% without him.

We havent been getting decisions all season pretty much. Lots of red card worthy tackles by opposition gone unnoticed.

Cesc out! Man Utd and Arsenal on alert as Barca fans want to SELL Fabregas | Football | Sport | Daily Express

I'm not sure how much truth there is behind this, and it's irrelevant anyway due to Barca's transfer ban. Just thought it was interesting, because as far as I was aware he was doing pretty well over there.
I heard that Cesc was given a new lease of life by Martino's arrival, since Martino is more pragmatic than Vilanova, which suits his game more.

Not bs, their fans have turned on him. Get's booed by fans a lot.
Even Messi's being booed now; their whole team is playing poorly.

Apparently Barca's transfer ban has been "put on hold", so if Cesc is out of favour with their fans he's obviously going to attract interest from both us and United.

Apparently Barca's transfer ban has been "put on hold", so if Cesc is out of favour with their fans he's obviously going to attract interest from both us and United.

Yeap easy decision for Wenger to take him back because of the buy back clause. Also for Barca it makes most sense to sell to us because of the sell on fee clause we also inserted.

Also as I said last summer when he was linked with Utd can't see him going there. He hates them. Spat on Utd shirt once and then there's also pizzagate.

According to French press Sagna's off to Fenerbache who will double his current wages whereas we have only offered him 100k. Tbh I think even that 100k is too much for a 31 year old even though he has been faithful servant of the club. Now I hope club does the deal quickly for one of Aurier/Corchia/Jung who we've been most heavily linked.

Also last night Wenger confirmed that he will stay. Only way I could see that changing now is if he fails in either top 4 or FA cup.

Team for tonight.

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Flamini, Kallstrom, Rosicky, Sanogo

We perhaps can give Giroud a rest and Sanogo some playing time, it'd be good for them both I think.

Seems Wenger has been spotted on his travels, a few links appearing to players.

Serge Aurier seems to be the odds-on replacement for Sagna. Both are young, black, French, muscular and have had dreadlocks. I love how somebody at the club said "We have to replace Sagna" and obviously took it a bit too literally. Boyhood Arsenal fan supposedly, which makes it more likely, certain if we win the cup and he sees everyone having a good cheer.

Other than that, Matthaus seems to be saying we've already agreed a deal with Drmic, a 21 year old tallish Swiss forward who also seems to be a skilful sort of player. Presumably he will be a backup and we can sign someone good, though I do feel Wenger will keep faith with Giroud and just stock the midfield options more heavily, especially a tricky winger.

Also, from what I've seen of Sanogo he looks like he could do with a loan, but none of this is happening unless we sign two strikers, assuming Bendtner gets his Barcelona bosman transfer he's always wanted this summer. Strong, quick, but has the composure of an England player taking a penalty.

It is a very good sign that serge didn't move on last summer and hasn't been seriously linked with anyone but us.

Says to me that he won't accept a move to anyone but arsenal.

Saw that he has 6 goals and 7 assists this season...that's nutty.

Apparently we're looking at Joel Veltman to replace TV5 if he makes a switch. Spuds are also interested in him, due to Vertonghen wanting to leave if they don't get European football next season.

Carlos Vela has said that he'd like to come back if we want him and confirmed that we have a 3,3m RC. RC for other clubs is 25m and we get 50% of the proceedings over initial selling price of 2,5m.

I would certainly take him back. Been Sociedad's best player. Can play everywhere at the front so would bring much needed cover for players and has more pace than some of our forward players. 3,3m for Vela over 25m for Griezmann everyday imo as it leaves more money for more crucial striker and defensive midfielder.

Should have won at least 2-0 today. Probably last home games from both Sagna and Vermaelen. Both have been good servants and bit sad to see them go.

Remy also spotted in directors box today and according to reports from Spain we've informed Sociedad of our intent to activate Vela's buyback clause.

Good teams this year! Strange one though, I thought the Emirates Cup was just a an excuse for Arsenal to win something?

There's good teams every year. Strange though that we do it as it's WC year.

Back