The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
James Milner is not a very Wenger player, but he is the kind of player Arsenal could really do with. He's essentially 2014's Ray Parlour.

Luis Enrique is being very vague about Cesc. On that topic, from what I'm seeing he's not very forthcoming on Xavi's future at the club either. However, like I said about the article linking us to him, we already have an aging central midfielder. Although, there's rumours floating around that we might not have next season, but still, we don't need another. New reports are placing Xavi in the MLS.

Luis Enrique is being very vague about Cesc. On that topic, from what I'm seeing he's not very forthcoming on Xavi's future at the club either. However, like I said about the article linking us to him, we already have an aging central midfielder. Although, there's rumours floating around that we might not have next season, but still, we don't need another. New reports are placing Xavi in the MLS.

I doubt there's anything in Xavi rumours. He like Arteta is fading a bit and we need someone with legs. I think he will stay with Barca for a season and then retire either at MLS or Near East.

More and more rumours are pointing towards Cesc coming back, but I doubt anything is done before WC, unless they are aiming to bring him in as major Puma players just in time for new kit release. Marketing wise would be sound move.

Jung who've we've been linked with has joined Wolfsburg. Really hope we tie up the Aurier deal soon.

Xavi isn't aging very gracefully, I don't see much point in transfer like this.

I doubt there's anything in Xavi rumours. He like Arteta is fading a bit and we need someone with legs. I think he will stay with Barca for a season and then retire either at MLS or Near East.

More and more rumours are pointing towards Cesc coming back, but I doubt anything is done before WC, unless they are aiming to bring him in as major Puma players just in time for new kit release. Marketing wise would be sound move.

Jung who've we've been linked with has joined Wolfsburg. Really hope we tie up the Aurier deal soon.

Yeah, like I said in another thread, Aurier wants to come. Arsene and the board would have to be stupid not to act.

It has finally happened! Bendtner and Park both released by the club. These two alone free somewhere around 100k p/w in wages.

It has finally happened! Bendtner and Park both released by the club. These two alone free somewhere around 100k p/w in wages.

Plus Sagna and Fabianski, about ?2.5m saved over the summer offloading those four. Surprised Aneke left, thought he'd be a good prospect, but obviously he isn't putting the effort in.

Considering we are now 3 squad players down already this summer, and needed arguably 3-5 players already, lets hope the business is well underway. Especially with Wenger now staying officially.

Plus Sagna and Fabianski, about ?2.5m saved over the summer offloading those four. Surprised Aneke left, thought he'd be a good prospect, but obviously he isn't putting the effort in.

Considering we are now 3 squad players down already this summer, and needed arguably 3-5 players already, lets hope the business is well underway. Especially with Wenger now staying officially.

I still remember when Barcelona were sniffing around both Aneke and Afobe... Shame neither really developed like we hoped.

Yeah crucial to get RB, DM and FWD in, but also need GK, CB and versatile FWD... 6 players and we will be set for new season.

Dream summer: Ruddy/Marshall, Aurier, Schar, Javi Martinez, Griezmann, Benzema, Vela

There's probably a .0001% chance of those deals happening but I'd be pretty happy if at least couple of them happened.

Aurier is likely. Decent go is almost 100%. Morata rumors are interesting.

Really haven't heard about arteta replacement though.

Dream summer: Ruddy/Marshall, Aurier, Schar, Javi Martinez, Griezmann, Benzema, Vela

There's probably a .0001% chance of those deals happening but I'd be pretty happy if at least couple of them happened.
I'd say Ruddy, Aurier, Schar and Vela are realistic, but the other players may command to large a fee (which Wenger may not want to pay).

Benzema ain't a Wenger signing, he's basically a slightly different version of Giroud with a bit more pace. Vela will be cheap, Aurier wants to come to us and if we **** that up god help us. Unsure about the keeper situation, also, I'd be quite excited if Schar happends, seems like quite a professional chap.

Aurier is likely. Decent go is almost 100%. Morata rumors are interesting.

Really haven't heard about arteta replacement though.

Morata seems unlikely, he's been a solid sub for RM, has a CL medal now. If he signs it'd be quite a statement mind you.

Swap Martinez with Schneiderlin and Benzema with Remy and it's quite realistic. I think it's going to be Griezmann or Vela not both.

Morata seems unlikely, he's been a solid sub for RM, has a CL medal now. If he signs it'd be quite a statement mind you.

I think he's going. Rumours though suggest to Juve rather than to us. Would rather sign Remy and Vela for combined 12m or so than pay 10m ( or so ) for Morata as Real would demand buy back clause.

What do you all think of the rumblings about Eric Dier? I've never seen him play, but he's supposedly progressing well in Lisbon.

What do you all think of the rumblings about Eric Dier? I've never seen him play, but he's supposedly progressing well in Lisbon.
Fast and strong. Quite intelligent as well. United fan so he should fit well with some other Arsenal players.

Back