The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Per has come second in the fans' Player of the Season poll and it will be a crying shame if Rambo doesn't top it.

Ramsey will be #1.

Would love to sign Bony and Remy. Gives us 4 striker options and Remy could play on the wing if needed. Wouldn't cost too much but should fix our striker problems. Perhaps loan out Sanogo as he needs an epl goal.

Read some rumours that our commercial team is getting better. Now after new Emirates and Puma deals we've made a deal with American Airlines for training kits. ?18m per season for 3 seasons. That's what getting a trophy does for you it seems.

Yeah, I'm yet to see anything further on Remy "agreeing personal terms" with us, but it would be good to get him.

Some have pointed out that serge aurier would have to leave for ACON and that is true, but I think that opens game time to jenkinson.

(Watching serge now)

Some have pointed out that serge aurier would have to leave for ACON and that is true, but I think that opens game time to jenkinson.

(Watching serge now)

According to people who were meeting Gazidis and others yesterday Aurier isn't happening with 99,9% certainty. Club seem to be more interested in looking at older RBs as club holds faith with Jenko and don't want to harm his development. Trying to sign Juanfran supports this.

Michael Ballack is dropping thinly veiled hints he thinks the move "ruined" Ozil.

As harsh as it sounds, I think the fans have had a really damaging effect on him. He was loved at Madrid, and they always supported the guy. He comes over here, is brilliant for a while before he dims due to overuse (not his fault) and then you guys turn on him in the blink of an eye.

As harsh as it sounds, I think the fans have had a really damaging effect on him. He was loved at Madrid, and they always supported the guy. He comes over here, is brilliant for a while before he dims due to overuse (not his fault) and then you guys turn on him in the blink of an eye.

Vast majority of fans have been supportive of him and haven't turned on him at all. As in everything there are minorities, but it's actually the press who have targeted him not the fans. Where did you get that idea from?

Loved in Madrid? Please...

Last edited:
Vast majority of fans have been supportive of him and haven't turned on him at all. As in everything there are minorities, but it's actually the press who have targeted him not the fans. Where did you get that idea from?

From being at the Emirates a few times when he was struggling and hearing people ***** non stop about him. Maybe I've just had limited exposure but people were pretty vicious to him in Feb-March when he was obviously in need of a rest.

Michael Ballack is dropping thinly veiled hints he thinks the move "ruined" Ozil.

Disagree with this, he was excellent when he had Ramsey and Walcott in the side and was leading the creative passes charts. It is more that Wenger doesn't have players who can give Ozil the movement he needs once those two are out. Even Podolski, who you'd think would love breaking the offside trap considering he can shoot well fron range - rarely gave him a chance. I'd say Ozil has a lot more responsiblity with players who arn't as talented, so of course this means more pressure. Everyone said the same about Mertesacker in his first season - if we are the same this the same time next year then I'd say we have more concerns.

You would be mad not to. The question is whether or not, you're bringing him back to sell him on as some people have suggested.

You would be mad not to. The question is whether or not, you're bringing him back to sell him on as some people have suggested.

We'd make a tidy profit if that proves to be the case. Personally though, I'd rather have him in our side. He's done pretty well since he joined Sociedad.

Back