The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sagna is going to be playing on the bench majority of time.... not bad for good money I suppose. Zabaleta is much better RB.

I don't mean it in a serious way - but it still doesn't change the fact that your sentence was derogatory whilst mine was an opinion.

Cyka blyat.

Seriously though, what? Saying that Cesc going to Russia would a ****** option doesn't make your racist rofl.

All the more power to Sagna. He stayed with us till we won a cup. I know that gets bandied about a bit but I think it's very important personally. Especially after the Dudu and Rambo injuries we've been very, very patient with some rats who I won't even give the liberty of naming. I'll always respect Sagna but none of our ex "captains" who either disrespected the club publicly or put in little to no effort in their swan-song season.

So excited for 2014-15.

World Cup years are usually the most transfer activity... see our so-called "panic buys" ;)

I hate Journalists soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Has to make you laugh a little... all these players just vacating Arsenal for more money. Admittedly Arsenal aren't hardly winning anything either which doesn't help.

More than any other club in England except City last season ;)

I hate Journalists soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

And yet if there was a strong source linking Arsenal to all the players you want you'd eat that **** up and ask for more. I'm sick of blanket statements like that.

Has to make you laugh a little... all these players just vacating Arsenal for more money. Admittedly Arsenal aren't hardly winning anything either which doesn't help.

Right, because the FA Cup is hardly anything.

Right, because the FA Cup is hardly anything.

On the grand scheme of things winning an FA Cup in 8 years is hardly anything to shout about is it?

I'm still confused as to how this warrants Wenger a new contract.

Hey I'll take that ****. Better than the trophies we've won the past few years.

On the grand scheme of things winning an FA Cup in 8 years is hardly anything to shout about is it?

After listening people go on for last couple of seasons about the lack of trophies there's all the reason to shout about.

Wenger achieved minimum requirement with 4th and capped it off with a good trophy. Also theres hardly many better managers available so yes he deserved the contract.

Let's see....
  1. Brought Arsenal into modern era playing some fantastic piece of football in the process
  2. His tight hands helped Arsenal move to emirate
  3. Has brought in some nobodies and made them class, and when I say made them, I mean made tham as a lot of them left and did ****-all afterwards
  4. Invincible
  5. Managed the club in some tight budget and still finished up there with the big boys, not many can do it, Jose Mourinho inclusive
  6. Has ALWAYS qualified for CL all his years at Arsenal
  7. He's Arsenal's most successful manager
  8. He's a LEGEND
Still confused? Well, like Thierry Henry is always saying "careful what you wish for, because Arsenal fans would appreciate Wenger when he finally leaves", and it's a fact. Not many tactical geniuses out there, the good ones would be expensive to hire and they either have a star studded team to manage or cash to burn, doubt they can work with the sort of budget Wenger works with. If Arsenal decides to go Man u's route and hire a manager like Moyes because he too has done "okish" at a club thinking he can perform wonders with a few extra millions to what he's used to..., well, we all know how that ended.

Many Arsenal fans who always make so much fuss about getting rid of Wenger makes me laugh as they do not see the bigger picture. We wants instant success, but they forget we are competing against teams who have tons of millions to burn, even hijack some of his targets so that Wenger finds it hard to get his "bargains" or build his team, Chelsea and Man City, not many clubs can compete against them IF they go toe-to-toe trying to out-bid them, Arsenal is no different.

So yes, he does deserve a new contract, and frankly, as annoying as he can be sometimes with his tactics and stubbornness, he totally deserves it considering what he's done at the club and how he's made the club self sustainable.

So Vela's not coming. Sociedad buying out the clauses from his contract for almost 10m.

So Vela's not coming. Sociedad buying out the clauses from his contract for almost 10m.

Still a good deal for Arsenal either way, we bring him back for cheap or they pay us 10m. Like Cesc, I would have taken him back and like Cesc I can understand why we might not get him too, I liked him even when he was with us and wondered why Wenger didn't really give him a stab in the team only to find out after he had been sold it was because of his off field activities, still like him though, shame.

He doesn't want to be here anyway. I'd prefer using the 10m and putting it towards a new player who does. Campbell has looked tidy tonight and will be a good replacement for Bendtner whilst also able to play on the wing, though I do think Sanogo needs a loan spell for a season as he's nowhere near good enough to start for a CL side.

Supposedly he'll be joined by Cazorla, who is meant to be on his way to A. Madrid. I'd be more than happy to refresh the squad a little, Cazorla has been anonymous far too often this season, and ?15m for a 29 year old would be a decent return. I don't have anything against selling/letting players go provided they are replaced. Fabianski, Bendtner, Sagna and potentially Cazorla out will just mean new alternatives.

I do think the 'hardly winning anything' thing is overblown, if you can sign players like Ozil without winning a thing for 8 years, you can sign anyone if the setup is in place at the club to push on. It comes down to creating a balanced squad, but also remembering that older players are more expensive to have around, and without the massive revenues of Utd, or the bank of City or Chelsea, you need to be pragmatic with balancing that experience with energy and youth. Arteta, Flamini, Sagna, Podolski and Rosicky all play high energy positions and are passing their peaks. Need to rejuvenate to be able to build on the FA cup win.

Supposedly he'll be joined by Cazorla, who is meant to be on his way to A. Madrid. I'd be more than happy to refresh the squad a little, Cazorla has been anonymous far too often this season, and ?15m for a 29 year old would be a decent return. I don't have anything against selling/letting players go provided they are replaced. Fabianski, Bendtner, Sagna and potentially Cazorla out will just mean new alternatives.

I do think the 'hardly winning anything' thing is overblown, if you can sign players like Ozil without winning a thing for 8 years, you can sign anyone if the setup is in place at the club to push on. It comes down to creating a balanced squad, but also remembering that older players are more expensive to have around, and without the massive revenues of Utd, or the bank of City or Chelsea, you need to be pragmatic with balancing that experience with energy and youth. Arteta, Flamini, Sagna, Podolski and Rosicky all play high energy positions and are passing their peaks. Need to rejuvenate to be able to build on the FA cup win.

I personally would take that news along with some other more to come in the future with a pitch of salt. Carzola just signed a new contract so would be rather weird he wants out now. So far, it is all that it is, "speculations", how else would the media sell???

Cazorla is all media spinning a story. He has said he wants to retire on Spain and now that means he wants to leave. Also as he just signed new deal we'd get closer or over 30m from him.

Back