The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Just doesn't make any sense. If he has made his intentions known he wants to leave why in the world would Wenger pass a chance at bringing Cesc back then? Carzola is not going anywhere, not next season at least.

Would any arsenal fans like to see Joel Campbell given a chance if he has a good World Cup? Seemed to have a good season out on loan and played well tonight for Costa Rica.

Would any arsenal fans like to see Joel Campbell given a chance if he has a good World Cup? Seemed to have a good season out on loan and played well tonight for Costa Rica.

Yup. Already voiced it on the WC thread. He looks an interesting player and seems to have a mean left foot.

Campbell was fantastic. Strong, fast, proficient with both feet, threat from range, good vision and not afraid of battling with bigger defenders.

His positive plays far far outweighed his negative plays against Uruguay.

He deserves a chance...thought he looked better than balotelli! We will see how he does in next two games...If he replicates I would say he is a lock for our team.

Please can you just keep Vermaelen? :) I don't rate him at all.... United fan.

Please can you just keep Vermaelen? :) I don't rate him at all.... United fan.

Well, with Rio and Vidic gone, he's way better than any CB you currently have, so grab him with both arms if this is true. But for the outstanding partnership of Per/Kos he would be a starter and can walk into any top 4's defense on his day.

Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United this summer - Telegraph

We REALLY need to do some serious shopping after the World Cup. Also just heard on Sky Sports News that Atletico are targeting Monreal.

Not really a Monreal fan, won't miss him as long as we get a better LB, Gibbs seems to love the physio's office. Then again, report suggests we have signed a new physio in an attempt to reduce our constant injuries in the squad.

Don't mind selling both Monreal and Vermaelen If we end up buying lb and 2 cb's. Neither are starters and Vermaelen leaving would allow Wenger giving captaincy to BFG.

Don't mind selling both Monreal and Vermaelen If we end up buying lb and 2 cb's. Neither are starters and Vermaelen leaving would allow Wenger giving captaincy to BFG.

Big Friendly Giant? = Mertesacker?

Well, with Rio and Vidic gone, he's way better than any CB you currently have, so grab him with both arms if this is true. But for the outstanding partnership of Per/Kos he would be a starter and can walk into any top 4's defense on his day.

No he is not better and wouldn't walk into any top 4 defense. He wouldn't be starting CB for Everton and Spurs going by his last 2 years.

So, who do you guys think we should bring in to replace the potentially new departures? I'm struggling to think of an experienced left back that isn't over thirty and am only coming up with names like Rodriguez, Moreno, Alaba and Alex Sandro. They're all good players, but like at right back I think we need someone a little bit older. What about the centre backs?

So, who do you guys think we should bring in to replace the potentially new departures? I'm struggling to think of an experienced left back that isn't over thirty and am only coming up with names like Rodriguez, Moreno, Alaba and Alex Sandro. They're all good players, but like at right back I think we need someone a little bit older. What about the centre backs?

For CB we are in for Rodrigo Caio who was one of top players in Toulon for Brazil. Other than that don't really know who we are in for. Club keeps things quiet and Gazidis, Law and Wenger are all in Brazil for WC so might be someone from there. Gibbs is the first choice LB and will likely now take #3 shirt so either older backup as you said or young understudy.

I really am not too fussed about "names", as long as whoever we bring in have the quality required to give us a push and make us better than last season and buy players in the right positions (not the usual Wenger buying a striker and plays him on the wings or get a midfielder and play him at RB), just get the right players for the right positions.

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United this summer

Back