The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Don't mind selling both Monreal and Vermaelen If we end up buying lb and 2 cb's. Neither are starters and Vermaelen leaving would allow Wenger giving captaincy to BFG.

Yeah Monreal is decent. Verm is club captain, could see the captain and vice captain leave this summer.

If these rumors prove to be true (Vermaelen, Monreal, Santi) its a few too many departures for my liking. Let's hope we have good targets lined up. On that note, Aurier was pretty awesome for Ivory Coast against Japan the other day. That kid definitely has lots of potential.

So...., Balo to Arsenal, anyone happy with this if it happens? Frankly I'm worried about his off field dramas and attitude.

So...., Balo to Arsenal, anyone happy with this if it happens? Frankly I'm worried about his off field dramas and attitude.

If this goes through I'm happy with it. Not overly concerned with off field as he's been handling things better. Balotelli doesnt need a confrontial manager, but a supportive one and you wont find better than Wenger in that.

Wont be confirmed before 1st of July though if goes through.

Fighting talk from GC.....and it's not even pre-season yet. Beware the words of doom...........

If this goes through I'm happy with it. Not overly concerned with off field as he's been handling things better. Balotelli doesnt need a confrontial manager, but a supportive one and you wont find better than Wenger in that.

Wont be confirmed before 1st of July though if goes through.

Wont be dull that's for sure :)

Off field could disrupt the team, happened at City.

I wonder if anyone could be THAT patient with Balo to be honest, he seems to have had problems everywhere he's been, Inter, City, Milan, and with what I read around, his agent is looking for a club who would give him more money, so in short, after a season he'll want out too as we can't compete wage-wise with some top clubs. He gives a stunning performance next season, Barce or Chelsea or PSG comes and offers him 250k he'll plot a move

How about the Cleverley switch with Vermaelen? I'd say Man u keeps their player, give us full cash, we pass on Cesc and take Man u's Cleverley???

When will you ever learn we rarely sign anyone we are linked with in the media.......

Man U can keep Cleverley. If Vermaelen does depart, I really hope Cleverley isn't part of the deal.

When will you ever learn we rarely sign anyone we are linked with in the media.......

Mario is though logical signing to make. Fee is reasonable and Wenger is confirmed fan.

Other one linked now (again) is Luis Gustavo.

I know. Just gives us something to talk about during the summer when there are no club football. Thankfully it's world cup and we are naturally linked with all players in relevant positions we are weak at.

Knowing us, we might end up not buying anyone but some few youngsters or just 1 or 2 players despite us needing more

Man U can keep Cleverley. If Vermaelen does depart, I really hope Cleverley isn't part of the deal.

Cleverlys agent just making noices most likely. He knows Spurs will make a move as soon news are out of Arsenal "interest".:)

So what if Mario leaves after a good season. We would probably double or triple what we paid for him!

Cleverlys agent just making noices most likely. He knows Spurs will make a move as soon news are out of Arsenal "interest".:)

Cleverley is a Wenger type player though :P Tidy in retaining the ball :D

Back