The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
To be fair, though Wenger is much less likely to get into a fight as Mancini did, Mancini himself was half the problem not only with Mario but throughout the boot room/club apparentaly.

Mario had 25million pound feet, controlled by a £10 mind, whens he on it, awesome.. whens he not, liability. I love to see him back and sort himself out. :)

So what if Mario leaves after a good season. We would probably double or triple what we paid for him!

Consistency!!! He leaves and we're back to square 1 looking for a replacement and we all know how long it takes us to replace players...., YEARS!!!

I know lol. I for one (and I'm sure many Arsenal fans too) hate transfer windows, cos we seem to have loads going than coming in lately :(

haha I know. Myself been so busy with internships and well parties for these two past summers to worry about transfers too much. I believe there will be transfer on 1st of July to go with Puma announcement.

Good luck on the Puma+player launch July 1, I think that's also why Balo is linked with us as he's got a deal with Puma too.

Oh well, if it happens it happens, if not we'd wait till last week for window to shut before we sign someone, then we give him a few sticks for not living up to expectation forgetting players need time to blend and Wenger and the board plus the media should be blamed for toying with us by giving us various untrue rumours and keeping our hopes up only for us to sign someone entirely different.

Any striker would have to deal with Messi at Barce, and now Neymar too. I wouldn't be going there if I was a striker to be honest, sort of the same position I knew Cesc would be in when he decided to leave first team football to go fight for a spot against 2 players who kept him on the bench in the National team, stupid boy, now he's gone to a repulsive unforgettable blue side which doesn't belong in London (I kid, I kid)

According to Kike Marin Sociedad will be paying us 14m euros to keep Vela and remove buyback and 50% on everything over 3m clause.

Joel had another good game versus italy. Held ball up well and can dribble. Earned a penalty but wasn't given.

I used to post here alot on a different username before my old laptop died but just some of my thoughts on Arsenal this summer.

I personally hope we don't sign Mandzukic. I don't rate him as highly as others do. Plus he is I believe 27 or 28 whereas we could get Balotelli who is younger and probably for around the same. I would love to (and as almost everyone is reporting) and think we will sign Balotelli. AC Milan have come out and said that they would listen to offers for him and Wenger is a known admirer of him. Some people will argue we won't go for him because of his attitude however since he moved back to Italy you can tell he has changed. I mean he is no saint but he also isn't as bad as he was at Manchester City or even Inter Milan.

I would also like us to make a move for Sami Khedira. Real Madrid extended Xabi Alonso and just signed Illara last season so I believe we could sign Khedira. There have been reports that Madrid will sell for around 16m and if so that is a steal. He is a fine player and would be a huge improvement over Mikel Arteta. It looks like we have signed Serge Aurier according to many reports which solves our RB problems and he can also play as a CB if needed.

I'm hoping that we have a big name signing done for the official unveiling of our Puma kits next month which could be Balotelli.

since he moved back to Italy you can tell he has changed

...not really. He threw plenty of strops this season. The guy's massively unstable and as good as Wenger is, I don't think he's got the right kind of approach to bring Balotelli under control. Wenger gets the best out of great professionals, but he's never got on well with those kind of players. See, for example, Nico Anelka, who Wenger got so thoroughly sick of he shipped him out after one good season.

He wanted out of Arsenal when Madrid came calling. What has Balotelli done this season?

He wanted out of Arsenal when Madrid came calling. What has Balotelli done this season?

Well if Anelka wanted out after one good season, who's to say Balotelli won't? It's even worse when you consider Anelka was picked up for much less than he was sold for, which Balotelli won't be.

Kicked Daley Blind in the back of the leg, told a referee that he will "pay for this" and that he would "kill him" (got a three match ban for it), refused to rule out any links to the Italian mafia, and that's ignoring the fact that he's been rather poor and horribly inconsistent on the pitch, scoring something like 50% of his goals from penalties or free kicks in the season just gone.

Those are just some things from the past year.

Back